• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Anime you want remakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like a remake of Nabari No Ou, since they couldn't do a second season of it. And cuz it's so freaking awesome. They could go off of what happened in the manga more and not make the characters OUT of character. That really annoys me when shows do that.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

I don't really like the concept of duel runners (the motorcycles)...

I mean, holding your card while speeding at 200 mph, the card will just fly away ._.

This is the logic I needed, to link with my answer. All Animes define logic, so I'm stumped

Take out the motorcycles and let's get back to the 'traditional' way of dueling.

Yami Yugi said:
Now Yusei. I should point out that this card game... is not going to take place on a motorcycle. I hope you understand that. I don't want you like trying to ride your duel disk or something. We're just going to stand with our feet planted firmly on the ground.

We're just going to stand with our feet planted firmly on the ground. Yup, the traditional, original, classic, old etc. You name it 'original' way of dueling, this is my conclusion.

Black Cat.

The anime adaptation was rushed - trying to cram 20 volumes worth of material into 20 episodes (the last 4 was an original ending) when there was clearly no reason to - the series ended in a similar war, just a lot more condensed and a lot of details were cut and the animation was clearly not Gonzo's best. I could easily see the 20 volume manga fitting into a 50 episode series.

Also, perhaps it will be a kick up the backside for Kentaro Yabuki to make his hinted Black Cat 2, instead of all the harem crap he's been doing lately.

I basically want a remake of Kinnikuman Nisei or at least a continuation of the events that happened after the Chojin Olympics and maybe the change the ending they gave the anime to make it more true to the manga. Of course if you're following the manga in Japan, they would still have to tone down the violence in that.

I think a remake for Kuroshitsuji would be great, though I'd prefer if they wait until the manga either finishes or if they do start, either shorten the episode length slightly to make more or if they're confident they won't catch up to soon with the current chapter that's out, such as Chapter 89.

I for one just started the anime, but already, I found some problems with it, aside from the diversion from the storyline. The voices for some of the characters were off, such as Mei-Rin and Finny, sure the accent is good, but the voices...for some reason, they're just off. Mostly Mei-Rin's voice, again, I haven't gotten far, so for all I know, the voice could be just a farce when she's in "maid"mode, but it gets different when in "sniper"mode.

The only thing that would likely make a remake of the series harder would be the second season of the original, seeing as the characters I've read and seen pictures of regarding the Trancy estate, Pluto, and others are very popular. No clue if they would find a way to re-immerse them into the series, which could work as a method to lengthen the series to avoid catching up. You know, like a filler as they've done in Bleach and other anime. Only thing would be to remove the part about Ciel becoming a demon in order to keep up with the manga and such.

I would have loved to see Snake with how he talks in the anime, same with other members from the Noah's Ark Circus, the Weston College, and anything else left out.

Now, as for my own thoughts on a potential remake...I'd say Elfen Lied for those familiar. Just like Kuroshitsuji and other popular anime, it got started too soon, so it ended before it really began. It was only 13 or something episodes, barely making a dent in the manga, even changing just about the entire plot and leaving questions unanswered.

The manga, while it may be a sensitive area for some people due to its content, I think it would make for a fantastic remake for fans. Especially those who crave the darker half of the anime/manga world.

At least now, if they wanted to try doing a remake, they have a chance as the series is completed, no worries of it suddenly continuing. And even if it did, it'd likely be a whole new series, likely a new generation, so it'd have no affect on the current Elfen Lied that's out.

Last edited:
I think a remake for Kuroshitsuji would be great, though I'd prefer if they wait until the manga either finishes or if they do start, either shorten the episode length slightly to make more or if they're confident they won't catch up to soon with the current chapter that's out, such as Chapter 89.

I for one just started the anime, but already, I found some problems with it, aside from the diversion from the storyline. The voices for some of the characters were off, such as Mei-Rin and Finny, sure the accent is good, but the voices...for some reason, they're just off. Mostly Mei-Rin's voice, again, I haven't gotten far, so for all I know, the voice could be just a farce when she's in "maid"mode, but it gets different when in "sniper"mode.

The only thing that would likely make a remake of the series harder would be the second season of the original, seeing as the characters I've read and seen pictures of regarding the Trancy estate, Pluto, and others are very popular. No clue if they would find a way to re-immerse them into the series, which could work as a method to lengthen the series to avoid catching up. You know, like a filler as they've done in Bleach and other anime. Only thing would be to remove the part about Ciel becoming a demon in order to keep up with the manga and such.

I would have loved to see Snake with how he talks in the anime, same with other members from the Noah's Ark Circus, the Weston College, and anything else left out.
It's been announced that Kuroshitsuji is going to get another anime. It's rumored to be a remake fully focused on the manga. It could be a 3rd season, but after the Second series messed up and such, I'd say it's more likely they're going to make it based on the manga.

Along with Kuroshitsuji, I want Ao no Exorcist remake that's more based on the manga.

The best known anime for being remade is probably FullMetal Alchemist : Brotherhood.
Actually, FMAB wasn't a remake of the 2003 series; they were on different storylines.
On that note, I would like to see a remake of FMA; I didn't like the ending at all.

Actually the original FMA anime started out based around the manga before the slow releases of the manga chapters (once a month) forced the last part to be made into an original storyline. FMAB is more like a retelling of the story instead of a remake since with the manga series almost done by then it was easier to have it much closer to the original manga storyline. As it should be noted the chapters revolving around Lust's death in the manga was released in Japan right around the time the first FMA anime was ending.

On another note I believe that much like with Inuyasha, Bleach should get a continuation in the future and have more episodes produced but with no fillers.

What about a extended Angel Beats?
Like where it tells all of the SSS's stories and how they died. Because you never found out Kanade's story or how Yuri died.

I would love it if they extended this series, though I have to disagree on them showing how Yuri died. How it was done was perfect for the story. What I want is an episode on TK. That crazy guy had nothing told about him.
Please. Just a few episodes on TK. Even just one. PLEASE.
(hopefully he'll get a route in the visual novel somewhere, I love this guy)

I personally would like a remake of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, since the original anime version was kind of questionable and didn't include the later stuff.
but then again maybe everyone would just get mad about the ending again, i dunno

Actually the original FMA anime started out based around the manga before the slow releases of the manga chapters (once a month) forced the last part to be made into an original storyline.
"Forced"? Actually, the anime was planned to be an original story from the get-go. Notice how the "minor" changes and timeline rearrangement in the first half contradicted everything that happens in the manga later, and instead served to add to the anime's original storyline instead? Yeah, those weren't by accident.

My list:

- Cardcaptor Sakura. See my anime blog for details. The original anime was great, but a revival of my all-time classic fav will make me smile... as long as they do it right.

- Rave. They stopped the original anime right when it was getting to the really good parts. The Fairy Tail crossover only ignited my desire for a reboot even more.

- Yuugiou. Both of the anime adaptations were so bad compared to all 38 volumes of Kazuki Takahashi's original manga, a shounen title that had good progression/flow, writing that does make sense, and surprisingly good character development. I want them to go back and re-do the whole manga in animated form with respect to what was originally there instead of having a stick up their "creative" behinds the whole time. NAS is one of those companies that I just downright despise (Toei sometimes too). Anime companies should really have more faith, faith that the original author's ideas will be just as much of a success as their ideas. A faithful adaptation of this will make me so happy since it would hopefully give the entire manga the respect it deserves. The first adaptation was just... bizarre and didn't finish (it has the reputation of being a violent Rated R forbidden season, which I really don't see...?), whilst the second one skipped a crapton of chapters, mashed early plot elements into the middle, and preferred being its own thing half the time (a total of 3/4 "non-filler arcs" barely resemble the manga arcs - one being turned into a filler arc, and the most faithful being the one with the most instances of the M&W/Duel Monsters game. Not surprising.). And all everyone's familiar with is the butchered dub of the latter. Talk about a bad position to be in, in terms of respect.

Last edited:
I'd watch a Star Ocean EX remake if they ever made one. It's based on the game Star Ocean Second Story, and an unfinished manga with the same title. Since the games got a remake recently, I'd like to see a remake of the anime as well. It was fairly well-made, not too shounen-ish, and not too dark.

Yu Yu Hakusho.

Fate/Stay Night is getting remade by ufotable(well, I really hope that its true), and that makes me really happy considering how well they did Fate/Zero(course Fate/Zero had a lot of flaws too).

Since Sailor Moon got one I was interested as to whether they'd do a Dragonball Z one at some point. I'm just not a fan of the old ways of anime animation and especially the sound effects they use in them.

I think- No, I WANT a remake of Rosario + Vampire, one of my favorite manga, one of the first manga I've followed and finished. I've already said on another thread how I am, in an understatement, I am not a huge fan of the anime they have based on the manga.

The source material has so much more to offer, what seemed like a silly harem type of series grew into something much more, great plot with awesome fights, and an expansion on the world. The character get more identity besides being attracted to Tsukune, and they actually are given their justifications for wanting him, because of their identity of being monsters. And although it has a harem, the couple is no doubt the namesake of the manga, the vampire, Moka. So many wonderful things which makes me love it so. Yet, the anime does only so great in its music and animation. I just adore the OP and ED, they match the dual tone of the series. Cute and silly at times, but then serious and nice. Yet, the inside is just a terrible show. They do animation good for all the wrong things!!! Fanservice, fanservice and fanservice!!! That's in every frame. The very FIRST SCENE is a under skirt shot of a girl riding a bike (not a panel in the manga, I may add).
Now, the manga does have fanservice, I won't deny that, but it's used for their comedy in the manga. In the anime, NOPE!!! It's like they just skimmed through the first volume, saw some fanservice, and turned it up to an eleven. The characters are drained of who they are, being very uninteresting, only to be used to throw in more fanservice for the audience, with some Ecchi in there as well. Oh, speaking of "in there as well.", they took out so much of the plot of Rosario Vampire and added their own things in. They took the manga, threw it into the blender, blended it. Then, they filtered out all the good of the manga, added whatever they thought was good, and then actually threw in some nice music. The manga deserves far more better treatment than what it got from its anime.

Rosario Vampire is a great manga, yet the creators of the anime only took a very small part of it, and made it the anime, along with some made up anime-only stuff as well. It deserves a remake and true recognition of why it has fans. It's not all about fanservice. It's not about the harem. It has a genuinely good story, and a love story hiding in the cover of a harem.

Last edited:
I want a remake on Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was great and all, but I want to see the battle scene in better graphics :3

Since Sailor Moon got one I was interested as to whether they'd do a Dragonball Z one at some point. I'm just not a fan of the old ways of anime animation and especially the sound effects they use in them.

Isn't that just Dragon Ball Kai? Or do you mean a complete do-over with no material kept from the original run?

I'm not sure I really want a remake of any particular series. I can remember watching anime in the 90s and I'm not sure I want those memories to be supplanted by modern techniques. Sailor Moon Crystal would be a good case in point - for all the faithfulness to the manga it's really lacking in charm and it feels like a quick lick of CGI-assisted paint has been applied to what was already a stale format.

However I would happily eat my words if there was any chance of a continuation Baccano!...

Yu Yu Hakusho and Fruits Basket.

The Slayers- seasons four and five. Something longer, with a different storyline.

Soul Eater. The manga was only around halfway finished when the animé was made, so there's a lot that didn't get covered. Apart from small things like the whole Kishin Eggs thing, it was a very faithful adaptation, too, up until the Tempest arc. Oh, I can dream...

Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku. Don't get me wrong, I love these two 1980s anime just the way they are but I have to admit I'm also interested to see what they would be like in today's modern anime style not only visually but also culturally. Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku were aired in Japan during the 1980's so it be neat to see how the changes from 1980s to the 2010s Japan affect the characters and story lines of these two old school anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom