• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime's return

Kitasuki

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Hello there trainers,
With the hiatus when do you think the anime will return?
I think that it will return mid-May.
What are your thoughts on this?
You have any info? Post it!
However I must say, safety comes first, and the return must only be done if all people involved are protected.

It's getting canceled! That one guy said so, so it must be true! /s

In all seriousness, if I were to guess, I would say early or mid June. Possibly a little later. It wouldn't be a terribly long hiatus, but I think it wouldn't be too early to return. At least I hope not, obviously safety is top priority.

I personally find anything beyond four months unlikely, since if it took that long to thoroughly investigate and ensure that you're not causing seizures in any aspect of your animation production back in 1997, hopefully it would take less time to figure out how to do all the normal things to produce the anime while adhering to social distancing requirements in 2020.

In terms of the state of emergency that brought this on, supposedly it's being extended for another month or so until the end of May/June 7, so if whatever part of production is halted due to that, then I don't see it resuming before then.

I feel this is a pointless discussion to be having. Japan only declared "national emergency" 2 weeks ago and they're still behind the curve in terms of cases and deaths. In the UK, for example, we are approaching 6 weeks into lockdown and there is no sign that we'll be in a position to ease it any time soon. Considering they stopped airing the anime essentially at the point of lockdown, we can assume that they are not going to start airing episodes again until there is some certainty that their production schedule can continue simultaneously.

This is a thread just asking to raise hopes and then dash them to the ground, again and again :(

I feel this is a pointless discussion to be having. Japan only declared "national emergency" 2 weeks ago and they're still behind the curve in terms of cases and deaths. In the UK, for example, we are approaching 6 weeks into lockdown and there is no sign that we'll be in a position to ease it any time soon. Considering they stopped airing the anime essentially at the point of lockdown, we can assume that they are not going to start airing episodes again until there is some certainty that their production schedule can continue simultaneously.

This is a thread just asking to raise hopes and then dash them to the ground, again and again :(
This is a thread meant to tackle this issue with rationalism. Making predictions based on information that we have. Not to raise hope or to crush it.
A thread to be meaningless only requires people to not give a damn. However, if people are still discussing, that means something.

Should this be in the thread about Coraona virus effecting the show???

That said, I'm guessing sometime in July since these were intended for May. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic. COVID isn't going away anytime soon in Japan ( :cry: ), so it'll effect production and airing for a who knows how long...

Should this be in the thread about Coraona virus effecting the show???

That said, I'm guessing sometime in July since these were intended for May. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic. COVID isn't going away anytime soon in Japan ( :cry: ), so it'll effect production and airing for a who knows how long...
I thought about that, but the thread title points to the other direction of this discussion. Saw that thread more about how much we will lose from the new anime (fillers, new introductions, etc) and this one more about when we'll get something. If that makes any sense...

This is a thread meant to tackle this issue with rationalism. Making predictions based on information that we have. Not to raise hope or to crush it.
A thread to be meaningless only requires people to not give a damn. However, if people are still discussing, that means something.

But we literally know nothing other than there are some staff members who are still working on episodes but that won't help us figure out a precise return date. Look we can speculate all day about when the anime will come back and most likely we'll be wrong anyway so it feels pointless to try and read tea leaves and flip through tarot cards looking for hints of the future when there are bigger things at hand.

But we literally know nothing other than there are some staff members who are still working on episodes but that won't help us figure out a precise return date. Look we can speculate all day about when the anime will come back and most likely we'll be wrong anyway so it feels pointless to try and read tea leaves and flip through tarot cards looking for hints of the future when there are bigger things at hand.
I agree with you. Is pointless in the sense we have no definite answer. However, this thread is meant for people to post any information about the subject as soon as they have any. Also, we're living through a situation when, if you have something to do, no matter how pointless, is a good thing. You need to stay occupied!
I will say it again, I understand you, but this is just to entertain a little, like all the other threads.

I'm in no place to speculate the airing date nor am I worried about it that much. As far as I'm concerned I haven't watched many seasons and this is definitely time to catch up.
If you've watched all seasons, then maybe rewatching your favorite eps and movies is a great idea. ;)
I saw every single episode. However, my gf has not nor is she a big pokemon fan. We're watching everything since the very first episode!

I’m not too familiar with the situation in japan but I assume they are in a better position than most. Hopefully they do have several episodes in the can and if it appears that Japan is beginning to open back up, they will start to air again. It almost seems like they started the hiatus now so they don’t potentially have to do it in when they’ve started some more of the major story lines.
As far as this being pointless, no, it’s not. Everyday in the news they are trying to speculate when things will begin to reopen. Everything from services to retail to sports.

let's not get all that gloomy. hopefully japan would be able to shoulder the troubles brought about by the pandemic and would be able to get up and running when they indeed do. regardless, some episodes might get the axe and and the most we could do is to ask for the undisclosed fillers to take it. hope all of you are safe...

When will Date of Pokémon will re-aired after the Coronavirus will gone?
May or June?

Seems that Japan has lifted the state of emergency in almost all areas except Tokyo and Kiotto that will be lifted if everything goes alright the 25 of May.

So maybe the anime will return the first week of June?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom