• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime's return

We will have to wait and be patient. I can stand one month more without insulting Go.

Today I read an article that the Japanese Tourism Agency introduced plans to reimburse half of your costs if you decide to come to Japan this year.
I don't know what the situation in Japan looks like right now, but if they're already thinking about inviting tourists, I think it can't be that bad. So, I hope they'll restart the anime very soon!

So when is lifted, everything will be back to normal?

Definitely not right away. It will still take time for things to restart. I know here, we're doing things in phases, and we're just about to enter Phase 1, where very little is re-opening (just things like construction sites or certain stores, though they can only do curbside pick ups). I'm not sure how Japan plans on re=opening things, but I imagine it will be a similar process.

I can imagine them taking the show out of hiatus around June/July, if they have some episodes prepared and ready to go, and feel that they'll be able to begin recording again soon after. I think the main reason for the hiatus was they didn't want to run out of episodes they had already finished and then have to go on a potentially even longer hiatus after the fact while waiting to record more episodes.

The state of emergency was lifted, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any potential danger. I'm not sure how hard the virus has affected Japan or how they've handled it in general, but jumping right back into the swing of things as if everything was still normal would be a bad idea. That could easily lead to another wave. I'm terrified that people are trying to reopen too much too fast, which is a combination of how nervous I can be and how some people absolutely refuse to wear masks or do any social distancing methods. Japan took a long time to take action with the virus too.

Hopefully, they'll still take any safety measures necessary as opposed to just record like usual. I wouldn't be too surprised if the anime comes back around June or July. It really depends how many episodes they already have recorded and when they're able to start recording episodes safely again.

The state of emergency was lifted, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any potential danger. I'm not sure how hard the virus has affected Japan or how they've handled it in general, but jumping right back into the swing of things as if everything was still normal would be a bad idea. That could easily lead to another wave. I'm terrified that people are trying to reopen too much too fast, which is a combination of how nervous I can be and how some people absolutely refuse to wear masks or do any social distancing methods. Japan took a long time to take action with the virus too.

This is huge. Where I live is just starting their first phase of reopening, but most people I know, myself included, are not planning on going anywhere for a good long while, even when more things start re-opening. I just don't trust other people. They opened beaches here for the holiday weekend and, big shocker, people went ahead and did everything they weren't supposed to do (no masks, no social distancing, among other things). Doesn't mean the same kind of disregard will happen in Japan, but even small slip ups here or there could be disastrous. The thought of a second wave terrifies me.

The article about social distancing in the voice recording booths is definitely reassuring. I'm glad to see they're putting in the work to keep all the VAs safe once they return to record.

I mean in Japan providing it's not just an anime thing, it seems like wearing a face mask is the norm for people recovering from injuries/illnesses like a cold, or if you're developing psychic powers;).

So when is lifted, everything will be back to normal?

Sure at least until the next wave of the virus hits since the virus isn't just going to disappear and there's no vaccine in the meantime. The next mutation will probably cause another delay although I'm guessing that won't be until winter since that is the season when most people get sick.

This is huge. Where I live is just starting their first phase of reopening, but most people I know, myself included, are not planning on going anywhere for a good long while, even when more things start re-opening. I just don't trust other people. They opened beaches here for the holiday weekend and, big shocker, people went ahead and did everything they weren't supposed to do (no masks, no social distancing, among other things). Doesn't mean the same kind of disregard will happen in Japan, but even small slip ups here or there could be disastrous. The thought of a second wave terrifies me.

Meanwhile in my state not only are out numbers going up lately but we've had protests for people wanting the state to reopen and now protests over an murder done by police officers both of which no masks or social distancing. So I'm not going to be shocked not if but when the second wave will happen. And as a country we are simply not ready. Just watching Rachel Maddow tonight she had several interviews from Montgomery doctors/nurses in which hospitals have no ICU beds at all. I'm really scared at where this is all heading now with states slowing reopening (mine included).

I apologize if this derails the thread. I saw the post by Islander Princess and wanted to chime in my two dollars worth on all of this.

Tokyo is taking a phased approach to reopening:

Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike is now starting a three-stage plan to allow restaurants and eateries to stay open longer and schools to gradually resume classes.

In the first phase, which will likely begin Tuesday, museums and libraries will open while restaurants and eateries will be allowed to stay open until 10 p.m., later than 8 p.m. as permitted under the emergency declaration.

The second phase may begin by the end of the month, metropolitan government sources said, enabling more facilities such as movie theaters and shops selling products other than daily necessities to reopen.

However, karaoke parlors, live music venues and gyms -- places where the risk of group transmission is high -- will be asked to remain closed.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom