• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Announcement] Farewell to Gen 6 tournament

AnybodyAgrees

Good Skill Have Fun!
Reaction score
EDIT by Glory Blaze:

AA cannot run the tournament due to IRL responsibilities, so I will take over as TO.

Tournament Rules:

Smogon OU format

Single Elimination

2/3 sets, 3/5 for the finals

Battles take place on Pokemon Showdown. Loser is responsible for providing replays, nut both players should save replays just in case.

You can change your team freely in between battles of a set and/or in between sets.

Signups open now and close when we hit 8 or on Friday September 16, whichever comes first. If there is interest the cap will be raised to 16.

Signups:

1. Kirby4Ever
2. Slife

END EDIT

Esteemed battlers and noobs alike, set your calendars for September 1st!
On that date, the Farewell to Gen 6 tournament will begin! This tournament will be held on both Bulbagarden and on Smogon. This tournament will be held on cartridges to more easily accommodate players who are not used to the Showdown UI and to emphasize the "trainer" part of "Pokémon Trainer".

Signups will begin on August 24th.
This tournament will be single elimination. All sets will be best of 3, except for the Finals, which will be best of 5. Battles are to be played at level 50. This tournament will only accept 64 players, if we somehow get that many signups.

Get breeding!

Last edited by a moderator:
What games are we using? X and Y only, or ORAS only? Or are we using all of the main gen 6 games?

ORAS only. It wouldn't be fair to those who built their teams with the ORAS megas and move tutors in mind to have them suddenly unable to use them for a round. I'll be accepting matches played on an XY cart, but either player has the right to force a game to be played with ORAS rules.

Last edited:
Will the format be Smogon OU singles, 6 versus 6? And will participants be locked into using one team throughout the tournament?

Alas I'm an exclusively showdown battler these days. Have fun guys.

Sadly I'm canceling this, as I'm too caught up in stuff for this to work. Sorry people. I don't think I have the ability or free time to host a tournament like this.

That stinks. :( Maybe we'll have a Sun and Moon tournament some time in the future. :)

I can run one in your place.

Tournament Rules:

Smogon OU format

Single Elimination

Battles take place on Pokemon Showdown. Loser is responsible for providing replays, nut both players should save replays just in case.

You can change your team freely in between battles of a set and/or in between sets.

Signups open now and close when we hit 8 or on Friday September 16, whichever comes first. If there is interest the cap will be raised to 16.

Signups:

1. Kirby4Ever
2. Slife

Last edited:
I can run one in your place.

Tournament Rules:

Smogon OU format

Single Elimination

Signups:

I'm interested in playing. :)

You might want to start another thread because this new tournament is a bit different from the OP :p

Anyway I'll sign up as well.

Is anyone else coming? I can understand that Pokemon Sun and Moon comes out next month and everyone is focused on other games, but it'll be nice to finish generation 6 with a battle.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom