• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Announcement regarding Mike Pollock

I don't quite understand how I "misquoted" him. He told me that the press release was saying that PUSA was taking over 4Kids's licensing, and that was it, and that is what I posted. I think my AIM convo with him that was posted made that pretty clear. I am utterly baffled as to how what I said in summary of what he said is even wrong:

Mike Pollock (14:42:35): Mike Pollock: When someone wants to make toys, bedding, clothing, they have to license the images. 4Kids handles that.
PokeBeachWebsite: Oh, so know PUSA will?
Mike Pollock: Yes. That's what the full release says

I just talked to Mike Pollock and he said it's just the licensing of items. 4Kids used to handle the licensing when a company wanted to use Pokemon characters on a product, but now PUSA will. So, it really has nothing to do with the dub. It's just the company.

To me, this all sounds like Mike heard that he was quoted somewhere, it was over a confusing situation, and thus he thought he was misquoted. In the past, I have asked him things and posted them, with him seeing them, and he has never said a word against me. I've never had to ask him to post what he says. Yet, when I post what he said about the licensing thing, he gets all mad? It must be the new contract he mentioned, but he could had said something to me that I was not allowed to post what he says.

And Archaic, next time, why don't you contact me before you decide to talk for me to someone? I am pretty sure I would had been able to clear all of this up with Mike, since it was between him and me, and show him that there was nothing harmful that I posted regarding the 4Kids press release. I don't think the situation would had turned out this way had I been able to talk to him, no offense.

Whatever I did, I did not mean for it to turn out this way. All I was doing was getting a clarification on what the 4Kids press release said, which was that PUSA would be take over merchandise licensing (as many of you said before I even talked to him), and then I posted that. That was it. I do not seem any harm in what I did AT ALL. To be honest, I thought what I did was actually a good thing, since it confirmed that the press release was not saying 4Kids is losing the licensing to Pokemon.

Well, I was the one who introduced him to the Pokemon fandom when the first dub ep aired with him as the narrator, and it looks like I also caused him to go away, for whatever reason. It's just a sad thing that I was not able to talk to him one last time and explain myself to him. I had others doing it for me in an unclear matter, and it unfortunately lead to all of this. I would like someone to tell me, in clear manner, what I did wrong in this situation, because all I see from Archaic's post is "Mike won't be around anymore because of WPM," yet I have no idea why.

*double posts*

Here is a log to clear up any other confusion I might have not cleared up in my previous post:

<inu-liger> thanks for ruining it for us, WaterPokemonMaster
<WaterPokemonMaster> Excuse me?
<inu-liger> regarding Mike Pollock
<WaterPokemonMaster> I didn't ruin it for you.
<WaterPokemonMaster> Miscommunication did.
<WaterPokemonMaster> Go see my post.
<inu-liger> well, he's blaming you
<WaterPokemonMaster> Yeah, miscommunication.
<inu-liger> :p
<WaterPokemonMaster> Go read my post before you accuse me and not hear my side.
<inu-liger> link please
<WaterPokemonMaster> http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=10877&page=2
<inu-liger> thank you

<inu-liger> OK, I'll believe you on the slight miscommunication part
<inu-liger> but you REALLY should've asked him permission to talk about your convo
<WaterPokemonMaster> Again, I have quoted him many times in the past, he has seen them on forums, and he has never said a thing.
<WaterPokemonMaster> And also again, my summary of what he said is 100% valid.
<inu-liger> mayBE
<PoKeSaFaRi> Mike Pollock the pokemon advanced narrator?
<inu-liger> yes
<WaterPokemonMaster> Isn't it funny how he didn't even see what I posted?
<PoKeSaFaRi> hmm oh well
<inu-liger> but this was a sensitive issue
* Alicorn has joined [HASHTAG]#POCKETMONSTERS[/HASHTAG]
<WaterPokemonMaster> All he heard was "WPM quoted you"
<WaterPokemonMaster> and nothing else.
<WaterPokemonMaster> I feel like a scapegoat for Mike now.
<inu-liger> OK, now there's a big mistake, I'll concede
<inu-liger> I remember reading that part last night
<WaterPokemonMaster> Other fans have misquoted him
<WaterPokemonMaster> I just said what he said
<WaterPokemonMaster> I didn't alter it
<WaterPokemonMaster> I basically said what he said
<WaterPokemonMaster> I think this was a long time coming, and that this was the last straw for him
<WaterPokemonMaster> I I I
<WaterPokemonMaster> lol
<inu-liger> but then how did it end up being a case of you "quoting" him
<inu-liger> ?
<inu-liger> was it just wording error on Archaic's part?
<WaterPokemonMaster> Well, I suppose I didn't "quote" him
<WaterPokemonMaster> I gave a summary of what he said
<inu-liger> I'll admit that it is
<WaterPokemonMaster> a truthful one
<inu-liger> OK, I'll apologize
<inu-liger> I didn't do my research
<inu-liger> but when I read it last night, there was just the first post
<inu-liger> so I did not follow-up on it
<WaterPokemonMaster> You probably won't be the only one not doing his research. I'll get blamed for this for a long time.
<inu-liger> maybe
<inu-liger> I'm sorry
<WaterPokemonMaster> thank you
<inu-liger> Wow, an argument resolved in less than 10 minutes from when it started
<inu-liger> :p
<inu-liger> but now what is going to happen?
<WaterPokemonMaster> Yeah, usually that does not happen since people are so intent to be right.
<WaterPokemonMaster> Well, Mike will distance himself from the pokemon fandom
<inu-liger> I'm not one to really try and put up a fight for long if it's pointed out to me that I'm wrong
<WaterPokemonMaster> (like he ever really had a presence anyways...)
<inu-liger> tho I usually do hate to admit I'm wrong
<inu-liger> yeah
<Sunain> i liked the original narrator voice better anyhow lol

Hey, let's not have anyone jumping on people's throats.

I feel bad that Mike has to remove himself further from the fan community, but if it's a matter of a job, then so be it. It seems to me the equivalent of voice actors that have to keep shut about certain roles, like video games and such. And misquoting can get people in a lot of hot water. Not blaming, just stating a fact.

I hope this turns out for the better.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom