• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Announcing BulbaCast - The Bulbagarden Podcast

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
My last announcement tonight, I promise. ^^;;;

Bulbagarden's latest community project, the Bulbacast, has gone live today! More details will be released soon, and a forum for Bulbacast will be launched as a sub-forum of News in the next week. In the meanwhile, Episode 1 is now available for download from the following sources.

BitTorrent:
http://pocketmonsters.edwardk.info/Bulbacast_Episode_1(96kbps).mp3.torrent

IRC:
on [HASHTAG]#pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG] on irc.dejatoons.net
/msg PM|100Mbit XDCC send #9 (32kbps version)
/msg PM|100Mbit XDCC send #10 (96kbps version)

HTTP:
http://pokemonpalace.net/?id=bulbacast

Episode 1 Topic: This week's episode - "Pocket_Monsters Advanced Generation AG155 - Pokemon Ranger Appears! Serebii Rescue Mission!!"

BulbaCast Episode #1 is rated PG, for mild language

Speakers for Episode 1 include
Archaic - Bulbagarden Webmaster
TSS_Killer - [HASHTAG]#pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG]
PPN Steve - Pokémon Palace Network
Pie
Winter

Last edited:
Just finished listening to it. Well done! I can see this being very successful. Look forward to the next release. A few microphone issues need to be worked out (namely PPN) who was quite hard to hear a lot of the time. I think everyone there talked together quite well. Only suggestion is to reduce the amount of swearing. It will be neat if people contribute stuff to be posted to it each week, assuming its a weekly release. Karaoke idea is a good idea, but I think I would have chosen a song that was a bit easier to sing to, perhaps one that has been fansubbed, so people can practice with the video before recording themselves.
Pokemon HaraHara Riree isnt the easiest song to sing along to, especially the longer version. Look forward to the next episode.

We picked the toughest one to start with on purpose. We're kind of evil that way. >=3

I might have to back out on my promise to enter, though. It's been too long since I've sung something this tough, and trying to keep up is doing hell to my already sore throat. @_@'

Harahara² (a.k.a. Haraharaharahara) Relay uses a different accompaniment compared to Harahara Relay, methinks. It might be more difficult to get a karaoke track for Harahara².

this was great fun and should be a bit hit.. loved doing it and hope to do more of these great bulbacasts soon..

Yeah, it's apparent that we've had so much fun doing this particular Bulbacast (Episode 1 of course). We are always looking for suggestions and comments, as that will help us improve our recordings of future Bulbacast's. I can't wait until next week's episode.

All you need to do is download the mp3 and play it in a standard media player (Like WMP or Winamp).

Um... when will the Harahara karaoke be up? As far as I know you'll have to engineer it because an official version doesn't exist.

I can't play it either. I strongly suspect it is something to do with it being a torrent. Have you ever tried downloading from [HASHTAG]#pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG] before, Alabaster?

Well something happened, but:

Error -
Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>

Tee hee THat makes sense. Oh well i cant Dl anything on this computer and my personal computer is not connected to my modem yet, but thanks for helping me solve my delima.

I downloaded this out of curiosity (*wasn't sure exactly what it was but I figured it was like a radio show*) and I must say it's really interesting to listen to you all discuss Pokémon, from the latest episode to the movies to the dub, it was all really really fun to listen too :3 Awesome work!

There has always been seeders on it, though there are more seeders now.

Hmm... too bad Arcy didn't want direct downloads...

I still have 50 minutes left to listen to... lol *starts it*

Edit: Maybe a forum for discussion/announcements of these?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom