• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Another Newbie

Red Mage
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Name's Chris, you can call me by my real name or my screen name, I don't care much either way. I've been playing Pokémon for a long time, but have never been an active part of the community. Right now I'm rotating through Yellow, Silver, and Crystal. I own a GBA with no intention of getting a DS, meaning I could potentially start playing the Gen3 games but am currently on Gen1/Gen2 (Gen3 can't trade with the earlier two so why upgrade?)

I've never completed a Pokédex, in fact I don't think it's possible to do in Gen1 and Gen2 without cheating at this point (event pokémon..*grumble*) and I'm squeamish about utilizing glitches.

Pokémon aside, I play a lot of PS3 (never was a huge Nintendo gamer in all honesty) and I like to write for fun. I recently self-published a book using Amazon Createspace with the intention of getting a little recognition behind my name while I work on my larger projects. For information, see my signature.

Red Mage
Reaction score
Welcome ^_^
my my, someone's in retro ^_^
Thank! ^_^
I've been accused of living in the past more than once. You should see me on formal occasion -- my idea of dressing nice brings to mind a '20s-era gangster XD

「Sword of Destruction」
Reaction score
well, I can't really talk
I'm still playing both Red and Yellow ^.^;;

Reaction score
Welcome Chris! Good to see someone who's not obsessed with Gen3/4 once.

Red Mage
Reaction score
well, I can't really talk
I'm still playing both Red and Yellow ^.^;;
I used to have them all XD RBYGSC I mean. I can't even remember what happened to my old teal GBC and all my games (teal was the best color btw, teal pwns!) but there was a stint of a couple of years where I didn't play at all. Then I wanted to play again all of a sudden, turns out a friend of my brother's had a GBA and Pokémon Crystal, he sold me both for $20. I picked up Yellow and Silver on Amazon (both had new batteries installed, guaranteed to save for years to come) and I'm trying to find another GBA for cheap so I can trade with myself.

Welcome Chris! Good to see someone who's not obsessed with Gen3/4 once.
You're in luck; not only am I not obsessed, I don't even know anything about them! XD

Reaction score
Hello and welcome, and have heaps of fun here! And yeah the teal gbc was the best :D

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Goody, another Gen. II worshipper! Although you may want to consider picking up a DS- they're releasing remakes-"HeartGold" and "SoulSilver", with shiny new updated 3-D graphics. I'm getting them the second they come out here in America! Weee!

Red Mage
Reaction score
Goody, another Gen. II worshipper! Although you may want to consider picking up a DS- they're releasing remakes-"HeartGold" and "SoulSilver", with shiny new updated 3-D graphics. I'm getting them the second they come out here in America! Weee!
Yeah, but DS doesn't accept GB/GBC cartridges. I'm not gonna buy a new handheld for one game (potentially 2, I think there's an FF3 remake on DS...) if it won't run all my old ones too XD

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
That's understandable. I'm one of those people who loves and has played every game and Generation, I just lean heavily towards Gold, Silver and Crystal. Nostalgia...

Celebi Salad
Reaction score
You play a lot of PS3 so I automatically know you're awesome.

Welcome to the forums

Looking for a buddy
Reaction score
Welcome Chris, those games were definatley the best of the crop in my opinion.
Hope you stay around the site, this place gets real homey around the holidays.

Rebel Without a Cause
Reaction score
Gen 1 and 2 were the best, save a few of the later Pokémon.......... :D

Welcomes!