• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Another Newbie

Akamadoushi

Red Mage
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Name's Chris, you can call me by my real name or my screen name, I don't care much either way. I've been playing Pokémon for a long time, but have never been an active part of the community. Right now I'm rotating through Yellow, Silver, and Crystal. I own a GBA with no intention of getting a DS, meaning I could potentially start playing the Gen3 games but am currently on Gen1/Gen2 (Gen3 can't trade with the earlier two so why upgrade?)

I've never completed a Pokédex, in fact I don't think it's possible to do in Gen1 and Gen2 without cheating at this point (event pokémon..*grumble*) and I'm squeamish about utilizing glitches.

Pokémon aside, I play a lot of PS3 (never was a huge Nintendo gamer in all honesty) and I like to write for fun. I recently self-published a book using Amazon Createspace with the intention of getting a little recognition behind my name while I work on my larger projects. For information, see my signature.

Welcome Chris! Good to see someone who's not obsessed with Gen3/4 once.

well, I can't really talk
I'm still playing both Red and Yellow ^.^;;

I used to have them all XD RBYGSC I mean. I can't even remember what happened to my old teal GBC and all my games (teal was the best color btw, teal pwns!) but there was a stint of a couple of years where I didn't play at all. Then I wanted to play again all of a sudden, turns out a friend of my brother's had a GBA and Pokémon Crystal, he sold me both for $20. I picked up Yellow and Silver on Amazon (both had new batteries installed, guaranteed to save for years to come) and I'm trying to find another GBA for cheap so I can trade with myself.

Welcome Chris! Good to see someone who's not obsessed with Gen3/4 once.

You're in luck; not only am I not obsessed, I don't even know anything about them! XD

Hello and welcome, and have heaps of fun here! And yeah the teal gbc was the best :D

Goody, another Gen. II worshipper! Although you may want to consider picking up a DS- they're releasing remakes-"HeartGold" and "SoulSilver", with shiny new updated 3-D graphics. I'm getting them the second they come out here in America! Weee!

Goody, another Gen. II worshipper! Although you may want to consider picking up a DS- they're releasing remakes-"HeartGold" and "SoulSilver", with shiny new updated 3-D graphics. I'm getting them the second they come out here in America! Weee!

Yeah, but DS doesn't accept GB/GBC cartridges. I'm not gonna buy a new handheld for one game (potentially 2, I think there's an FF3 remake on DS...) if it won't run all my old ones too XD

That's understandable. I'm one of those people who loves and has played every game and Generation, I just lean heavily towards Gold, Silver and Crystal. Nostalgia...

Welcome Chris, those games were definatley the best of the crop in my opinion.
Hope you stay around the site, this place gets real homey around the holidays.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom