• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any actual TVTropes pages out there?

As a matter of fact, Arceus' Archives does have its own fanfic page on TV Tropes. However, there are a number of unpublished stories and (usually accidentally) unmarked spoilers in there... yeah, it's used more as a resource for me than anything else. ^^' Somehow I doubt that many other people care enough to check out a TV Tropes page for my fics anyhow.

Last edited:
Hey, quick question, in the aforementioned Travelsverse, every time someone attempts to rape an unnamed or named character, something very, very bad happens before they get the chance. Would that count as an Aversion, Subversion or another of Rape as Drama or another trope?

Last edited:
I'm no expert at rape tropes, but I don't think that counts as Rape As Drama. As far as I understand, it's the actual rape that's dramatic (as in, not played for the LOLz), not stuff leading up to the rape.

I could make one for Speargun if I wanted to, but I don't have any plans on making one right now. Well, actually I do, but I'm afraid I'll spoil the plot from my still-being-beta'd chapters. Maybe I'll go work on one right now~

EDIT: The Rival's Story page has been expanded. See for yourself: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/RivalsStory

Last edited:
I could make one for Speargun if I wanted to, but I don't have any plans on making one right now. Well, actually I do, but I'm afraid I'll spoil the plot from my still-being-beta'd chapters. Maybe I'll go work on one right now~

EDIT: The Rival's Story page has been expanded. See for yourself: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/RivalsStory

Why don't you just write it from the POV of the chapters that have already been published?

Also, re-reading the Rival's Story trope page and some of them are used almost to a tee, such as 'Pet the Dog' for Red and his Eevee.

I'm working on it right now. I've got quite a few tropes already down. Now I just need to avoid including spoilers from Chapter XIII. I already accidentally added one. For those curious: Here's the page.

I fixed the page for Rival's Story so it has the proper punctuation.

On a side note, I also indexed Speargun as well.

If no one minds, could someone give me a hand with the Poké Wars Series trope page?

I could help. I've read all of them so far. What needs to be done?

EDIT: And do you know how to make it so that Speargun shows its title instead of [1]?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone doing Character Sheets for their fics?

I've noticed that we already cover the Fanfic namespace, as well as the Fanverse for some reason (was it truly necessary, guys?), but which fics have a Character Sheet and which don't?

I only know Bulbagarden! has one.

...and I wish I had one myself.

Alrighty then. I'll look around for tropes.

And Kayi Rowling, could you fix the name for Speargun? I can't figure it out.

I'll probably make a character sheet in the future, but I'm not far along enough yet.

as well as the Fanverse for some reason (was it truly necessary, guys?)

I don't know about the others, but personally I do consider the Archiverse to be an AU with a number of stories taking place in it and an established canonical timeline, so... yes, I believe it a fanverse.

I have a timeline for the Travelsverse, not to mention several stories, so I consider it an Fanverse as well. Plus, all the characters manage to interact at one point or another, so they're all in the same 'verse =P

Question (since it wasn't answered in my blog): how do you create a Troper Works page? Because I'm lost. Though not for a fanfic, it's for an RP, and I do need to know once I start the shot series I've got floating around in my head.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom