• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

any beyblade enjoyers? (all gens)

Reaction score
exactly what it sounds like. it's been a year and i'm STILL hyperfixating on the original series/plastic gen anime/bakuten shoot beyblade/whatever you wanna call it. we've also got gen x coming out (the first chapter already dropped and we have chapter 2 coming up soon actually) so, yeah. tbh i feel like overall it doesn't get talked about much beyond "yeah it sure did exist" unfortunately </3 granted considering how bad the dubs for the first two series are (plus burst generally just being.. Okay) i guess that checks out.

I've watched like 3/4 episodes on TV. I've recently seen a full review of the first series and I still wonder how Ginga's dad is still alive

oh, metal fight isn't the first series! as i mentioned, the original series is bakuten shoot beyblade, and it's a completely different canon from metal fight beyblade. i've actually been meaning to finish metal fusion though, since from what i've heard metal masters seems like something i'd enjoy

I remember watching the very first series, Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (just Beyblade at the time), in the early 2000's as a kid. I don't think I ever finished what was aired on TV then, but a few years later I was able to at least finish the first series then it's two sequel series V-Force and G Revolution online. From there I watched the later series, Metal Fight and it's own sequel series as well; the original and Metal series were pretty good and I liked them alright, though I didn't enjoy Zero G/Shogun Steel all that much. The Burst series is probably my favorite of the bunch though, it's the only other adaptation that I actually watched on TV and recently Netflix that I was able to complete most of before finishing the rest of it online again. I think my most favorite thing about it is the characters in Burst, their designs are just way more appealing/cute compared to the earlier series, with Wakiya, Joshua, and Silas probably being my top three favorite characters in the whole franchise. Not sure when I'll be able to get to Surge, QuadDrive, and QuadStrike but it'll hopefully be soon so I can be ready for X whenever that releases.

I didn't watch the movie of the first series, though from what I hear from a friend is that it wasn't really that good, so I probably won't seek it out. I remember there also being a few spin-off series like the two BeyWheelz shows and BeyWarriors, but they weren't exactly that popular from what I remember. I never watched them so I can't say what they were like, but they look too much like knock-offs for me to even bother seeking them out lol.

Aside from the anime, I loved the toys. I still actually have all of my Beyblade collection and two of the arenas stored away from when I was younger. Though, I didn't really have anyone to play with then as I didn't even go to public school until HS, my brother didn't like the show, and my father was just uninterested and stuck with his own anime at the time, so it was just me launching them and watching the toys spin; I think I tried to make them spin around the top edge of the arenas before, but of course that failed lol. I only found like one other kid at my church youth group that had them too, and I remember playing them with him for a day before he stopped coming to the group. So, I was back to playing with them by myself before I started getting bored of them; couldn't stand to get rid of them though so I just kept them, one of these days I might just pull them out again. I did also have a GBA game based on the first series, but I never finished it as I couldn't exactly get past the very early part of the game for some reason.

I know there is also manga on the series, but I haven't read any of them. I think I remember seeing a scan of one of them, looked like it was from the Metal series, and I didn't really like the style/designs at all.

exactly what it sounds like. it's been a year and i'm STILL hyperfixating on the original series/plastic gen anime/bakuten shoot beyblade/whatever you wanna call it. we've also got gen x coming out (the first chapter already dropped and we have chapter 2 coming up soon actually) so, yeah. tbh i feel like overall it doesn't get talked about much beyond "yeah it sure did exist" unfortunately </3 granted considering how bad the dubs for the first two series are (plus burst generally just being.. Okay) i guess that checks out.
I still enjoyed the dub in a so bad it's good way.

There's actually a YT channel Beyblade Official containing legit uploads of the first three series.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom