• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any traditions?

You do know you can get a Ponyta over Dream World? And Darmanitan's quite good. It's like Infernape except it doesn't suck.

I said I hate gen 5 fire types. And when I played through the main story, the Dream World wasn't available yet. Also, I hate Darmanitan. It's freaking hideous. And Infernape doesn't suck. He's actually the best starter statistically and I'd MUCH rather use him than a stupid ugly Darmanitan. Also, from what I know, Infernape is also statistically better than Darmanitan. Darmanitan only has really good attack. Infernape has really good attack, sp. attack, and speed.

I said I hate gen 5 fire types. And when I played through the main story, the Dream World wasn't available yet. Also, I hate Darmanitan. It's freaking hideous. And Infernape doesn't suck. He's actually the best starter statistically and I'd MUCH rather use him than a stupid ugly Darmanitan. Also, from what I know, Infernape is also statistically better than Darmanitan. Darmanitan only has really good attack. Infernape has really good attack, sp. attack, and speed.

Gotta admit Darmanitan's ugly as hell,but don't get all mad because of Infernape. It's just my personal opinion about it since it's part Fighting and there's another tradition I've got:I've never used a Fighting type.

Huh? No, I wasn't angry or anything. I just didn't like seeing someone tell me one of my favorite Pokemon sucks is all.

Oh, and speaking of types I don't use, I never use psychic types. I generally don't like them.

For me I always have to have a water type and I will hold down L+R and the A and B buttons when I'm catching a pokemon. With legendary pokemon I always try to encounter them from the side, that is if they are stationary ones, I always save beside them and then click A on them from the side. I guess this can also be considered a tradition, but I always refuse to use the standard first couple route pokemon, especially the bird.

My trainer card has to end with a 0 and not have repeated numbers.

For example;

52310: <3 <3 <3
56680 <3 <3
23333 >:l

I literally reset until I can get one I like the look of. Crazy huh?

since I first started playing pokemon (Diamond) I always use timer balls for my main party becuase i was realy into dinosaurs when I started so as a kid I thought "time." I also save in the pokemon center as close to the button on the pokeball as possible. I also never use masterballs unless I realy need to. And I start out with the region fire starter(they are my 2nd favourite type ).

Two things stand out:
Every time I catch an Onix or Steelix, I name it 'Rocky'. I do this to take out some of the anger I have against the idiot who trades you the Onix with that name in Gen II.
Sometimes, when I'm trying to catch a Pokémon, I tilt my head in the direction that the ball shakes. This usually works, if I remember to do it (which isn't often).

I always save on the outside of the door of a house or Pokecenter. I'm also pretty save-happy. I try not to use the master ball on the legendary if I can help it.

When I threw a Poké Ball, I used to turn off the volume and look away from the screen. I stopped doing that recently.

I always must mash the A or B buttons as fast as I can while catching a Pokemon.

Also I always like to save inside Pokemon Centers for no reason.

Whenever I get to a gym leader, I always position my character exactly two spaces in front of them, facing them, and then save. Same holds true for Legendaries.

I've always started out with grass starters. And I always limit myself from using items and I have this obsession of not nicknaming pokemon or getting a certain gender for a certain pokemon.

I look away when I throw a pokeball

You know what? I did that in Pokemon Colosseum. Actually I was rather young back then, and always had a difficult time catching Raikou, and I actually leave the room every time I threw a Pokeball and came back to check to see if it was caught. Yeah, it was rather odd...

Back on topic, I realized another habit of mine. I seem to have a habit of naming my male Pokemon with the prefixes of "Taro", and for females "Ko". I think I was inspired by how Gold named his Pokemon in the Japanese Pokemon Adventures...

Whenever I get to a gym leader, I always position my character exactly two spaces in front of them, facing them, and then save. Same holds true for Legendaries.

I always hold the B button when throwing a pokeball to catch a pokemon. Been doing it since R/B days.

3. Always save in front of a Pokemon Center. (In front of my house, in hometowns).

4. Always have a pseudo-legendary and starter in my team.

I'll always choose the Grass-type Starter, regardless of if it's weaker to the First Gym or not.

I always nickname nearly every Pokemon I capture :) That, and I enjoy naming my Growlithe Pancakes.

Well I never have the sound on, I save repeatedly because I always think I might turn off the DS by accident, and I always smash the A and L buttons when catching Pokes and so my L doesn't work anymore <.<

I always keep pressing the A button when I throw a Poke Ball, and I normally use my Master Ball on the mascot legendary (and really regret it afterwards!)

I used to skip any trainers I could since I considered them a waste of time... but in Gen IV, I made a habit to check on EVERY SINGLE TRAINER on the road... just for the pokedex. I still skip trainers if I can, with the help of guides on the net LOL

mainly saving in the poke centre so i knew my character was safe and for some reason i cannot stand having any other pokemon apart from my starter in the first slot no idea why but i dont even do this for my lucarios . . . . "crys"

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom