• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Any wrestling fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadKuma

No More Monsters
Reaction score
Just wanting to see if we have any wrestling fans on here. Can be WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG, Chikara, anything.

I'm a wrestling fan. A very jaded wrestling fan who barely keeps up with the current product, but a wrestling fan nonetheless!

What caused the jaded-ness. I mainly ask because there's been so much to be jaded about lately.

I became jaded with wrestling in 2009 when they started having celebrity guest hosts every week on raw. I hated their shitty time consuming segments and the way they'd always beat up or humiliate a wrestler. It wasn't funny it was just cringe worthy and annoying. The product overall is too kid friendly these days, I almost feel embarrassed watching it because of how corny it can be most of the time.

Perhaps you should start up a fan-club in the social groups section? I made one but it tanked haha.

Oh okay, I wasn't sure where It'd fit in.

Yeah I completely feel you on that one. It took alot of doing to live through the guest host era. You should check it out now if you get a chance, they're trying to step away from the PG a little more and its getting really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be big into pro wrestling until about high school. Smackdown was my jam as a kid, though I also went to local indies with family. I've even seen Rikishi and the Sandman in the ring.
Never checked out any foreign circuits. Shame, 'cause I hear there's a Japanese circuit that plays up the more fun side of it all to the nth degree.

I was a big WWF fan growing up. Me and my brothers used to watch Friday night Raw and Smackdown every week. I wasn't really a fan of the actual matches, it was the silly, tongue in cheek humour and rivalries that made it worth watching. Wrestlers like The Rock and Steve Austin made the show really funny. I remember having a big crush on Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho growing up xD

I haven't watched it in years though. I expect it has all new faces in nowadays. I watched WWE on and off but I always found it to be a poor version of WWF.

I watch Raw and Smackdown sometimes with my brother, the last I saw though was Vickie Guerrero's fight with Stephanie McMahon and her ultimately getting fired, though that was awhile back. I always do love watching though when I can catch it with my brother. And while I do like the matches, the "drama" makes it worth a watch for me.

Hai, just giving another body to the peeps who like wrestling.

I have watched WWF and WCW growing up with my dad and my uncle and currently still watch WWE and used to watch TNA until it went very downhill.
I check out random matches on youtube since my friend is an indie wrestler and I check out his stuff.
Also, would Botchamania count? lmao

I started watching WWE sometime when I finally got cable.
I missed the attitude era entirely. :'(
I gave TNA a chance a few years ago. They were great, they were fresh...
Then Hulk Hogan and Bishoff came in and tried to resurrect WCW.
IT seems like TNA has been going downhill ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom