• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Anybody know of any good animes that are not rated MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My absolute favourite series of all time is Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Very comedic moments, but I find it's also very philosophical about the nature of what we can and can't see. Plus Erio is adorable. My second favourite series that I always recommend is D-Frag, one of the best comedies I have seen. Toradora is probably the staple for the high school romance genre if that's what you're after.

D- Frag is really funny, well recommended and Denpa Onna is the best especially the opening. I am also an alien!

From what I've seen that hasn't been reccomended, Trigun and Kobato. seem to fit your criteria fairly well.

To be honest there aren't that many anime that are overly sexual, there are a lot of overly bloody ones but even those fall in the minority, so you'd probably have an easier time finding one that isn't so than one that is. Of course this also varies on the level of sexual or violence you're referring too.

If you like mystery then I'd have to recommend Boku ga Inai Machi (I just call it Erased, much easier) as well since it's a really good Thriller and mystery anime that actually manages to handle it well. I can also recommend Psycho Pass as a thriller but that's really bloody xD;

If you want something with action that isn't too long I can also recommend series like Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic which is based on Arabian Nights in a sense and then there's Noragami which is based on Japanese mythology. There's also Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann if you want non-stop hot blooded action and Cowboy Bebop if you want a more artsy but really cool series that isn't too hard to keep up with, plus it's a classic.

Slice of Life-wise I have to throw Silver Spoon into the mix, it's an anime about your typical city boy learning to live in a rural setting and learning more about the people that live and work there, it's really sweet and really sad at the same time.

Romance wise there's this one called Snow White with the Red Hair that is really nice, there's not much conflict between the main couple but the main thing is watching them overcome the trials that come with the medieval setting.

Seirei no Moribito is a great show.

It's not my type of anime, but K-On's pretty decent and it's exactly what you're looking for. It's just a band of four (later five) quirky high school girls (Yui especially) hanging out with each other and getting into funny situations. It's pretty well animated since Kyoto Animation made it, and it's not creepy at all. Music can get pretty catchy, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom