• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone else feeling sad that XY has ended?

Keshav

Reaction score
I watched the remaining dubbed episodes that came after the team flare yesterday. I knew most of the content because I read reviews here but actually watching them was a different feel. Even greninja's release didn't bother me much after watching the episode while before I was very salty about it. Then came the finale....it was a brilliant finale and unlike many people here said, the flashbacks were actually good and remembering all those events, while the credits were rolling, I felt very sad about it.
I was hoping SM would be a continuation to XY. But unfortunately, that is not the case. I came back to watching this anime because because I had heard XY was actually making changes to the show. The mature Ash was like a dream come true after the heart breaking BW Ash. The series felt like they have shifted their demographic to teenagers. After watching the first couple episodes of SM, I felt that they were too childish. I don't like the overreacting Ash too.
The artwork doesn't help too...sure the animation is smooth but visuals matter more sometimes.
I'm very hyped for 'I choose you'. For me the main series has ended here. I'm surprised that they didn't connect XY with SM and the way they made the ending, one wold think the show has ended. Flashbacks rolling with credits and no to be continued or next time a new journey can make any person think this is the end.
Is there anyone else that feels the same about it? I'm just hoping we get a special with Serena soon and maybe in the future we might get a future Ash special with Serena as his wife (As already hinted in the interview with the director and producer of the series)

Yep. The XY&Z part may have spoiled things a little with all those Mega Evolutions everywhere, a letdown of a league, and that silly alternate form of Greninja, but I have enjoyed XY as a whole. Not as much as DP though.

Yeah, I really enjoyed XY. SM is alright but I'm finding it slow so far.

I certainly miss this series. I found it one of the better series for sure, almost on par with DP and on a similar level with AG. There are many things that could have been handled better, but overall I actually found the saga good enough and was always eager to know more about the new episodes.

It's a pity that SM is downright unwatchable to me and that I have literally zero interest in it. *shrugs* Oh, well… you win some, you lose some.

Nah. I enjoyed XY, but XY&Z for the most part was a dud so I'm happy that it's over.

I'm really enjoying SM, but I have to admit that from time to time, when I remember Citron, Serena & Eureka I do feel a little sad knowing that we're highly unlikely to see them again. Although I did have some major complaints with the series as a whole, I looked forward to Thursdays and got a lot of fun out of the majority of episodes.

Not really. Granted, I still primarily follow the dub and there are a few episodes that haven't aired in the U.S. yet, so I may feel differently later. But right now, I'm not that sad about it. I can understand why people would be missing a series that they really enjoyed. That happens with me and a lot of shows that I love. I just found XY a tad overrated. Although, perhaps a more accurate and longer way of putting it would be "I liked XY and it was good, but the many problems I have with it prevents me from embracing it as much as other fans of the anime have."

I am kind of glad that it was a three year long series mainly because I think it's the best paced three year series/journey we've had thus far. I can understand why people would have wanted it to last for four years, but I feel like that wouldn't have worked out that well. Another Battle Frontier like arc would have felt rushed and there was no way to stretch out Kalos for another year at that point. It still has some pacing problem, but compared to BW and even to the Hoenn journey in AG, I feel like XY had overall pretty good pacing that worked fairly well under a three year format.

No, not at all. I basically stopped watching XY mid-series because it just bored me a lot and at one point just didn't feel like watching it anymore (although I did keep up with any major events). That said however I did watch the League and Flare arc and got some enjoyment out of these arcs. But overall I wasn't too happy with XY(Z)

Now SM is a breathe of fresh air. It's too early to say if it will keep my attention but I have enjoyed all episodes so far and actually do feel like watching each week.

I'm very sad about it ending. I think I am even more sad because towards the end I thought Bonnie and Clemont's character development improved , which made me like their characters more than I did for the bulk of the series. In fact, I was thinking especially it was the case for Bonnie, and in some ways it was somewhat subtle, anyway recently Bonnie became a lot more endeared to me than I expected, because at first I thought she was a tad annoying. That made me even more sad about it ending because I really enjoyed the whole group and of course then wanted to see more from all of them. But to be perfectly honest, I was very sad at the end of all series. Even BW, which was my least favorite (of course I still liked it some or I wouldn't have watched it), the end still made me sad, because you never know what is coming next. Also the design of the final episodes is intended to make you feel sad, which doesn't help. I am not as sad as when May left, but of course I really liked DP, so you never know, it could be good, so I will try to have a more positive attitude about it.

XY was good, XYZ was was okay but I'm glad it's over and I'm not sad. I'll miss Bonnie, Miette, Clemont and a couple others but as a whole I'm glad XY(Z) is over. Sun and Moon has been a very nice change and I'm loving it so far. :):D:cool:

It was a very good series (DP is next), but I haven't watched much of SM.
I also fear that we would never see Serena and Grenina ever again. The writers seem to only care about new fans after all.

I suspect that Serena will at least get a special. I wouldn't be too surprised if she shows up in SM due to how she seemed to be pretty well received and I could believe that she'd go out of her way to see Ash again. But a special sounds pretty likely, so I imagine we'll get that at some point during SM's run.

All things come to an end eventually, so I'm leaning more toward no. And even though I'm still not quite sure what to think of the SM series so far, XY/XYZ was, while it definitely had some good stuff going for it, a mixed bag for me overall, anyway.

I miss being more heavily invested in the characters and story rather then watching a SM episode, go "that was fun" and then forget about it, so far the opening episodes, lillie's episode and litten's ep have been the only real stand outs. Not much else to sink your teeth into right now.

Then again XY's started out kinda rough then got better every year (no idea why XYZ is seen as some BW season 2 esque failure but meh). but at least in its first episodes characters outside Ash were more prominent and had more things going on I guess? So I suppose I do kinda miss that, not THAT much that im shunning SM or anything, but its there

I'd say no. XYZ was definitely a mixed bag for me. They did some things right, but they also got a lot wrong as well. I also don't feel all that bad about XY(Z) ending because I like what I've seen from Sun/Moon so far.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom