• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Anyone Else Hoping for DexNav/Sneaking’s Return?

Will Dexnav return?

• Total voters

MrMeowPuss

Reaction score
In LGPE I really loved how Pokemon actually appeared and walked around, I seen this a big step forward. Considering this has now been removed, it would make sense to put DexNav back in.

What are the chances of this happening and who else expects to see it return?

EDIT: After doing proper research, I see there will be both random encounters as well as roaming Pokemon.

Last edited:
I kept reading "sneaking" in the title as like, a pun on Seaking, and I was wondering when the heck we got a device called that to find Pokemon...

Given how much it was tied to the lower screen, I don't really expect it, but I could maybe see a similar equivalent for the information. I honestly think the sneaking is just for aesthetics, though.

In LGPE I really loved how Pokemon actually appeared and walked around, I seen this a big step forward. Considering this has now been removed

It hasn't, though...

What are the chances of this happening and who else expects to see it return?

For DexNav specifically, not very high, since it was tied to the dual-screen system and was designed as a way to make encounters in ORAS more interesting since Hoenn doesn't have a very large regional Dex. That probably won't be an issue in SwoShi, although in the games since ORAS they have retained some sort of mechanic that allows you to sift through chains of Pokémon in the hopes of one with optimal stats |(SOS calls, Catch Combos). So they'll probably have something like that here.

Max Raid Battles sound like they might have something like that, since only certain specimens within a certain Pokémon species will be able to Gigantamax, so you'll probably have to go through a few, say, Corviknight raids before you find one that can G-Max.

sneaking is back in (though what purpose it serves i guess is tbd). the DexNav won't be. they've outright said in interviews that they only made that feature because Hoenn's route diversity is trash (coming off of Kalos) so if you're gonna catch the same four pokemon over and over, at least add some variety.

there'll still be some chaining mechanic though.

sneaking is back in (though what purpose it serves i guess is tbd). the DexNav won't be. they've outright said in interviews that they only made that feature because Hoenn's route diversity is trash (coming off of Kalos) so if you're gonna catch the same four pokemon over and over, at least add some variety.

there'll still be some chaining mechanic though.

Oh I never seen/read that interview so interesting to hear! I think they could still make something work. Like you ‘enable’ a device and when those exclamation marks show up in the grass, a small symbol shows up in the HUD with stars to show how good to Pokemon is and if you’re encountered it before.

sneaking is back in (though what purpose it serves i guess is tbd).

If I'm remembering the E3 playthrough right, it's basically what allows you to have "traditional" grass encounters. For the LGPE-style encounters, you just walk up to the Pokémon or call it to you, but then sometimes you'll see a generic rustling in the grass with an exclamation mark and you can sneak up on it so that what you find is a surprise like in the rest of the core games.

Last edited:
If I'm remembering the E3 playthrough right, it's basically what allows you to have "traditional" grass encounters. For the LGPE-style encounters, you just walk up to the Pokémon or call it to you, but then sometimes you'll see a generic rustling in the grass and you can sneak up on it so that what you find is a surprise like in the rest of the core games.

yeah I gave it a watch last night and it’s pretty much that. Apparently some Pokémon react differently when you whistle. Some will get scared and run away or run at you to attack like the Machoke in the demo.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom