• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone else hoping for rematches with other trainers and Gym Leaders?

Kelphy

Reaction score
One thing that made me like Heart Gold more than any of the
other games was the fact that you could re-battle every gym leader
and many trainers!
It gave you something to do at the end of the game after you
had completed it and it was a good way to train your Pokemon too!
That was the main thing that disappointed me about Black and
White, but that was pretty much all that disappointed me!

Would you like this reintroduced in X and Y, to be able to rebattle gym
leaders and certain trainers, or is this something
that doesn't really bother you?

Possibly, the thing is they have to save some of the things that should be in X/Y for Pokemon Z or whatever, so you never know.

Like RS, DP, and BW(and to an extant B2W2), odds are X and Y won't have re-matchable Gym leaders, hopefully Game Freak utilize DLC to make up for the lack of post-E4 events.

One thing that made me like Heart Gold more than any of the
other games was the fact that you could re-battle every gym leader

You can rebattle Gym leaders in Emerald and Platinum as well.

If audino is in the wild again, I don't have to worry about grinding with trainers like I did in previous games that didn't allow fighting trainers again and again, so I hope it's either audino, or rematches.

I would love for Gym Leader Rematches to be in X and Y, but they'll probably save it for the likely third version. It was fun in general to stomp Gym Leaders over and over again in Platinum and it's good for the Pokemon training.

As for normal trainers, I don't see why they'd save that for Z or whatever since it was in DP, so I'm hoping at least that will be in the game. And with higher-leveled Pokemon, please.

I just want more ways to train than running to the E4 over and over again. Periodically is fine, but it gets repetitive when that's the only place you can go to besides rivals (BW) and I'd like a nice bit of variety.

That was a feature of gen 3 & platinum that I always wished would stay. Hope it's on this one to. Especially on special battles like air battles.

That was a feature of gen 3 & platinum that I always wished would stay. Hope it's on this one to. Especially on special battles like air battles.

I agree, I never really played Emerald, but I heard 'amazing' things about it! I heard you could make your own secret base, battle gym leaders,
and all that kind of stuff. I hope they learn from that game, more so than Black and White!
What does worry me slightly is the graphics is a HUGE overhaul, will it be a game where the graphics will look spectacular but they'll leave out the
small but important gameplay features? I hope that isn't the case!

I agree, I never really played Emerald, but I heard 'amazing' things about it! I heard you could make your own secret base, battle gym leaders,
and all that kind of stuff. I hope they learn from that game, more so than Black and White!
What does worry me slightly is the graphics is a HUGE overhaul, will it be a game where the graphics will look spectacular but they'll leave out the
small but important gameplay features? I hope that isn't the case!

Oh, i do hope that game freak is not that stupid....(gamefreak: :boom:) If anything this is a chance for them to add some new things.
(and yes, RSE gen 3 was a great game and i wish i had never sold it...;-; if you get a chance, play it and check it out):thumbup:

Couldn't you rematch Gym Leaders in B2W2 in the World Tournament?

Yes but that is a tournament styled battle, meaning you don't get experience points out of it, and the rulings are set.

Me, I would like to have rematches in XY, even if it's just with ordinary trainers. Rematches are one of the best ways to train Pokemon, and I felt it was quite limited in BW and BW2, which made training at some points harder and more tedious. FRLG and DPP certainly had the best way of managing rematches.

I love White Treehollow and Black Tower for level grinding. They're the highest level trainers in the game and you can rebattle constantly, no need to wait 24 hours like you had to for the gym leaders in platinum.

I would however love if they brought back something like the vs seeker so that you can rebattle normal trainers, and something less convoluted than the HGSS gym rebattle system would be lovely. On another note I also wish they'd put the TM's in your bag in numerical order, not the order you find them in. It takes me forever to find any of the ones I want.

At least BW had the sports stadiums where you could level grind and the opponents changed daily.

On another note I also wish they'd put the TM's in your bag in numerical order, not the order you find them in. It takes me forever to find any of the ones I want.

Well, in Gen V, you can sort TMs and HMs by either name (whole pocket alphabetically with TMs and HMs mixed) or number (TMs then HMs). I've currently got that pocket sorted by name.

On another note I also wish they'd put the TM's in your bag in numerical order, not the order you find them in. It takes me forever to find any of the ones I want.

Well, in Gen V, you can sort TMs and HMs by either name (whole pocket alphabetically with TMs and HMs mixed) or number (TMs then HMs). I've currently got that pocket sorted by name.

YOU CAN?!? What the hell have I been doing... grrrr

YOU CAN?!? What the hell have I been doing... grrrr

Just tap the green square to do so. That's the sort button.

Re-matches with Gym Leaders would be awesome, but probably unlikely for X/Y. They'll most likely save it for the third version or sequel game, depending on which route they're going for. I think that we could get something like the VS Seeker to battle against regular trainers though. That seems a bit more likely. Although, I'd really prefer something like the Black Tower/White Treehallow. In my opinion, those were the best way to level grind. You got to battle tough trainers multiple times without having to wait a certain amount of time. If there is something like those locations in X/Y, I'll be seriously happy.

I liked the trainer club in Platinum where you can battle random gym leaders daily as well as the stat trainers. The phone system in HGSS was okay but the time restrictions made it difficult to battle some of them.

I'd like the trainer club back in XY

Yes, please! I'd love rematches with trainers and GLs. Especially trainers in the main game. Helps to train against stronger trainer pokemon unless Audino are around.

Rematches with gym leaders would be an exciting element to add to the game. Maybe, the leaders would change their Pokemon, while still remaining a "type" trainer. Also, if they switched up the moves and increased the levels by certain increments (i.e. level 50, level 60, etc.)

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom