• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone here who actually hopes the upcomming games are going to be easy?

PageEmperor

Reaction score
I don’t know how alone I am in this and realistically I’d probably want a more middle ground but leaning on the easy side. And I do know that practically every first game in a generation that isn’t BW1 were greatly easy so it’s near guaranteed this one would be too, but I actually am hoping for a really easy game this time. What do you all think? Do you guys even believe we could see difficulty options, unlikely as it is as the last time we had it was only one game a decade ago?

Back in the day I played FireRed, but the Elite Four was just too challenging for me, so I would drop out of the game once I reach the Indigo League. That was the ultimate goal for me, just reaching there. As I grew older and started making teams more "strategically", I challenged the Elite Four and the Champion. I felt truly rewarded for finally beating the game, after years and years of dropping out. That was a very special achievement for me.

And then there is XY's Elite Four, that you can basically OHKO every single Pokémon...

So my vote is obvious on this one. That being said, several options for difficulty would please everyone, I guess.

I don't want an easy game. In BDSP I was having fun in the early game because I wasn't one shotting eveything. then the affection bonuses and the shared EXP kicked in and it became very dull. SwSh were super boring for me, but I did a run where I didn't catch any pokemon and I didn't do any raids (so no exp candy) and it was so fun! So please GF just do difficulty options and we're all happy!

The difficulty settings would compliment the open world freedom the game has very well, but Gamefreak being Gamefreak makes me keep my hopes low. I would expect the game to be a stroll in the park at the beginning to encourage exploration, and slightly more difficult later.

I'm sure the exp candies and the friendship bonuses aren't going anywhere, though, and I'm also positive we'll get an equivalent to raids too.

I feel like I’m alone in liking the affection bonuses. Friendship is a major theme of the games, so it makes sense that you’re rewarded for it.
I recall they were very popular when XY was new, but I think opinion has soured because they make the already easy games even easier.

Even though I don't consider mainline Pokemon games hard, I can empathize with people that want it to be easier, so I think difficulty setting is the best thing that would please most people if GF would ever consider that.

It would be better if they can make the difficulty changeable in the middle of the game. Also they could make Exp Share and affection bonus toggleable while they're at it.

Even though I don't consider mainline Pokemon games hard, I can empathize with people that want it to be easier, so I think difficulty setting is the best thing that would please most people if GF would ever consider that.

It would be better if they can make the difficulty changeable in the middle of the game. Also they could make Exp Share and affection bonus toggleable while they're at it.
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how games like Sw/Sh can be made even easier without turning it into an instant I-win-button.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how games like Sw/Sh can be made even easier without turning it into an instant I-win-button.

Well, some people actually do like to push the I-win-button for various reasons. I usually choose the easiest difficulty if possible on RPGs with stories that I like, so that I can get into the story faster. Also sometimes it feels cathartic to trample on the foes easily.

Well, some people actually do like to push the I-win-button for various reasons. I usually choose the easiest difficulty if possible on RPGs with stories that I like, so that I can get into the story faster. Also sometimes it feels cathartic to trample on the foes easily.
Well, to each their own, but personally I relish a challenge. Makes it more interesting. Beating enemies over and over with no challenge......gets utterly dull to me pretty quickly. I mean, c'mon. Where's the fun in fighting a weak opponent? It's just boring is what it is.

Well, to each their own, but personally I relish a challenge. Makes it more interesting. Beating enemies over and over with no challenge......gets utterly dull to me pretty quickly. I mean, c'mon. Where's the fun in fighting a weak opponent? It's just boring is what it is.

Sure, but what you think is boring might isn't be the case for others, so that's why I think difficulty setting is always the right choice for single player games (Pokemon being mainly single player game). That way people can just choose the difficulty level that they prefer.

Sure, but what you think is boring might isn't be the case for others, so that's why I think difficulty setting is always the right choice for single player games (Pokemon being mainly single player game). That way people can just choose the difficulty level that they prefer.
Kinda why I said, "to each their own." I understand your opinion, and respect it. That said, Pokemon hasn't implemented difficulty settings in 10 years, so the games having them again seems......unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Kinda why I said, "to each their own." I understand your opinion, and respect it. That said, Pokemon hasn't implemented difficulty settings in 10 years, so the games having them again seems......unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely.

I do agree it's unlikely, but a girl can hope. In the meantime self-imposed challenge is always an option. I remember battling Rose with only Fairy-type team was quite a blast.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom