• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone here who actually hopes the upcomming games are going to be easy?

i agree with PinkIceFox that the grind is an important aspect of the game. i want games to make me work for my victory; it makes it more satisfying when i actually do beat the champion. games should not try to please those who do not wish to spend time on them. if you don't put in the work, you don't get the reward.

concerning affection, it's too powerful and too random. there's no strategy to it. you didn't beat that boss because you were actually better, you just got a random unfair boost that helped you tank a hit that should've killed you.

Pokémon games are always easy. If you want them to be easier you can just use less Pokémon, grind more or trade Pokémon for certain situations.

I actually prefer games that are on the easier side so that I can enjoy the story. If it's so hard that I am stuck for HOURS grinding just to beat a boss, it's not fun. I want a challenge, but not too hard. I play for the story. Like I said, I don't mind a challenge, but not so hard I am stuck for hours.

Another factor is cutscenes: too many in a short span of time like the Galar games (Pokémon Sword and Shield) and the Alola games (Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon). In fact, this is why I only played the Alola games twice, once in the original Sun, and once in Ultra Sun. I did attempt a Litten Solo Run, but quit due to too many cutscenes.

I do agree it's unlikely, but a girl can hope. In the meantime self-imposed challenge is always an option. I remember battling Rose with only Fairy-type team was quite a blast.
That's the thing with difficulty I'm pokemon, you can make the game harder with your choices. Play the game with a team that's purposely weak and there's your difficulty.

I’m back… and I still think these new games must be really easy. That said many people here have made good points that I hope to still see.

Pulsaro23 made a good point that I have also been thinking about for a bit. Of course if the game itself hypes up a specific boss to be a massive threat but the said boss ends up as a joke, that’ll just be stupid, not to mention bad game design too.

And that said, I don’t want the game to just be pressing a button and then winning all the time either. I just hope to see the game actually being beatable on the first try. And to be fair, yes, most of the new games in this series were easy so I know that there is a good chance this one would be too, but still.

A more difficult optional challenge, like a Battle Frontier with a slew of different battle modi would be appreciated.

I really miss the likes of the Battle Pyramid and the Castle and the like. Playing those alongside a friend would also be appreciated.

Definitely not. A huge part of my fatigue during the Gen 6 era was that it was too easy. This is precisely how Super Mystery Dungeon managed to rope me in so hard afterwards, the limp slaps of XY and ORAS had left me wanting something that punched me in the face.

I actually like the EXP Share, but it has admittedly made things way too easy in recent years.

I would like the difficulty to be increased a little, tbh.

Definitely not. A huge part of my fatigue during the Gen 6 era was that it was too easy. This is precisely how Super Mystery Dungeon managed to rope me in so hard afterwards, the limp slaps of XY and ORAS had left me wanting something that punched me in the face.
Super Mystery Dungeon was such a refreshing shakeup.
"They want me to fight a Salamence this early? It must be a nerfed one."
"Oh. It's not."

You had to use every dirty trick in the book to win some of those fights before the postgame let you supercharge stats with vitamins and I loved it. Like an old school RPG.

I actually like the EXP Share, but it has admittedly made things way too easy in recent years.

I would like the difficulty to be increased a little, tbh.
In theory I think a modernized Exp system is fine (though I think they should change how EVs work somehow as well with that) but none of the games seem to be able to remotely balance it properly.

In theory I think a modernized Exp system is fine (though I think they should change how EVs work somehow as well with that) but none of the games seem to be able to remotely balance it properly.
I'm cool with it being there, but for the love of Arceus please let me turn it off. options are good. not everyone wants to play the game the same way.

I think I'd probably be most interested in exploring the open-world region, so I imagine difficulty would be all over the place for me regardless. I've enjoyed both easy and difficult Pokémon games, so I guess it won't matter much to me overall.

I think the advantage of this, and the new EXP Share system, is that you will somewhat be able to set the pace - you can fight later gym leaders before earlier ones if you'd like a challenge.

In Gen 1 and its remakes, the middle is quite open you can do many gyms out of order. In my most recent FireRed playthrough, I made it my mission to do this and fight harder gyms first - my 7th gym fight was actually Erika, generally considered the 4th, because I had to go back and get her. I was very underlevelled for a long stretch of the game and I had a lot of fun that way! Since we've been told you can do the gyms in any order in Scarlet and Violet, too, I'm assuming you could do the same thing should you so choose, but people who want an easier time still have their own options.

It's not perfect, but it's one interesting way of doing things.

If the games are too easy, i wont really enjoy when i beat it. SW/SH is too easy , so i didnt care about the gym leaders at all.

Yeah I think I'd prefer a difficulty selector. Or maybe even a complete difficulty editor like XC2.

I like grinding in pokemon, actually. I always raise more than 6 pokemon nowadays anyway though because I like too many of them, so it'll always be somewhat harder for me.
Yeah I did that in SwSh and will likely do it in SV. I had 12 Pokemon consisting of all 18 types with Flying twice (Vespiquen and Noivern).

so i didnt care about the gym leaders at all.
This is one of the issues i have with low difficulty, how it clashes with what is setup in the story. You built Gym Leaders as these super tough, seasoned veterans, but here comes a teenager who got their pokemon a week ago and one shots your whole team.

I'm not asking for extreme difficulty, but at least one that can somewhat match what the story setups.

I’m glad the new games are getting easier. I never really liked losing. Heck the only time I lost was towards Cynthia…all because I really didn’t come up with a good strategy.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom