• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Anyone interested in making a video game?

Red Mage
Reaction score
Update: I added an early item list to the official Haven wiki and as such the project is now open for concept art to anyone interested in trying their hand at it! Each item will eventually need a small icon and a regular pic, so either is acceptable. The project also has a user group on this forum, feel free to join if you'd like to get involved or if you'd like to watch the project grow. There is currently an official idea thread in the group discussion section, please direct all item ideas there.

Reaction score
Could you tell me what programing language your going to be using?

Red Mage
Reaction score
Could you tell me what programing language your going to be using?
I'll be able to better answer this question once someone with programming skill and free time gets involved, so basically the programming language to be used depends on what interested programming talent can be found. Truth be told, I don't know the first thing about programming, so I've been trying to find people who can do the codework.

F***ing Fabulous
Reaction score
I can help with music composition/recording, artwork coloring, dialogue or just one of the already several hundred art people. Whatever helps.

Reaction score
I'll be able to better answer this question once someone with programming skill and free time gets involved, so basically the programming language to be used depends on what interested programming talent can be found. Truth be told, I don't know the first thing about programming, so I've been trying to find people who can do the codework.
Ah I see. I know very basic coding in C++, BASIC, Python and Java, but I wouldn't be able to carry the bulk of the project, not good enough for that. =P But if you do find a coder, I'd be interested in maybe assisting them, with what limited knowledge I do have. Always willing to learn. =) I also have gotten fairly decent at using the Dragon Age Origins tool set, if that counts for anything. X)

Red Mage
Reaction score
I can help with music composition/recording, artwork coloring, dialogue or just one of the already several hundred art people. Whatever helps.
It's a little early to be talking music, but it will certainly be necessary later. As for artwork, I believe there can't be too much. If you want, and have the time, you could do concept art for the character classes (I'm going to update this page with descriptions in a few minutes), monsters (going to need an icon for each family, you could also do concept art of the monsters I have created pages for, there are currently only two but I'm updating the wiki slowly), or items. Whichever you prefer to draw is fine.

The character class list is complete, the item list is mainly complete (sans plot items, which come into play when I start to work the story out), the monster list is only partly finished but slowly coming along.

Ah I see. I know very basic coding in C++, BASIC, Python and Java, but I wouldn't be able to carry the bulk of the project, not good enough for that. =P But if you do find a coder, I'd be interested in maybe assisting them, with what limited knowledge I do have. Always willing to learn. =)
It would surely be a lot of work for any one person to do, so your role as assistant coder would be an essential one. Things are still in the fairly early stages though, I'm mostly trying to get people together at this point. I'm also trying to chip away at the writing side as quick as I can without sacrificing quality so that everyone else is free to work.