• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone interested in making a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I added an early item list to the official Haven wiki and as such the project is now open for concept art to anyone interested in trying their hand at it! Each item will eventually need a small icon and a regular pic, so either is acceptable. The project also has a user group on this forum, feel free to join if you'd like to get involved or if you'd like to watch the project grow. There is currently an official idea thread in the group discussion section, please direct all item ideas there.

Could you tell me what programing language your going to be using?

Could you tell me what programing language your going to be using?

I'll be able to better answer this question once someone with programming skill and free time gets involved, so basically the programming language to be used depends on what interested programming talent can be found. Truth be told, I don't know the first thing about programming, so I've been trying to find people who can do the codework.

I can help with music composition/recording, artwork coloring, dialogue or just one of the already several hundred art people. Whatever helps.

I'll be able to better answer this question once someone with programming skill and free time gets involved, so basically the programming language to be used depends on what interested programming talent can be found. Truth be told, I don't know the first thing about programming, so I've been trying to find people who can do the codework.
Ah I see. I know very basic coding in C++, BASIC, Python and Java, but I wouldn't be able to carry the bulk of the project, not good enough for that. =P But if you do find a coder, I'd be interested in maybe assisting them, with what limited knowledge I do have. Always willing to learn. =) I also have gotten fairly decent at using the Dragon Age Origins tool set, if that counts for anything. X)

I can help with music composition/recording, artwork coloring, dialogue or just one of the already several hundred art people. Whatever helps.

It's a little early to be talking music, but it will certainly be necessary later. As for artwork, I believe there can't be too much. If you want, and have the time, you could do concept art for the character classes (I'm going to update this page with descriptions in a few minutes), monsters (going to need an icon for each family, you could also do concept art of the monsters I have created pages for, there are currently only two but I'm updating the wiki slowly), or items. Whichever you prefer to draw is fine.

The character class list is complete, the item list is mainly complete (sans plot items, which come into play when I start to work the story out), the monster list is only partly finished but slowly coming along.

Ah I see. I know very basic coding in C++, BASIC, Python and Java, but I wouldn't be able to carry the bulk of the project, not good enough for that. =P But if you do find a coder, I'd be interested in maybe assisting them, with what limited knowledge I do have. Always willing to learn. =)

It would surely be a lot of work for any one person to do, so your role as assistant coder would be an essential one. Things are still in the fairly early stages though, I'm mostly trying to get people together at this point. I'm also trying to chip away at the writing side as quick as I can without sacrificing quality so that everyone else is free to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom