• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone miss those live action commercials?

The Ruby and Sapphire ones are the only two I actually remember seeing on TV... Nostalgia.

Oh man. I only remember ever seeing the red and blue commercial haha. I feel old now :(

These live action commercials may not return due to 90s commercials being completely wacky (remember the old SSB commercial), and because the 90s are dead, which the R/S commercial seemed to fail to deliver in 2003, they have to stick with the commercials they make now to keep up with modern times.

I only remember the R/S ones (since I didn't know what Pokemon was until 2002), today, the Pokemon game commercials are pretty dorky (except the BW2 animated trailer, that was pretty cool), usually having bad CGI Pokemon doing random stuff. Meh, they're not that creative with Pokemon commercials anymore, last toy commercial I saw for Pokemon (B/W toys no less) was pretty poorly done in my opinion.

As for Japanese Pokemon commercials, I haven't seen any except one for Pokemon Bread (man, why doesn't America get Pokemon themed food products)

I can remember seeing the Gold and Silver commercial on TV but I didn't see any of the others. The Red and Blue commercial reminds me of the common Pokémon joke "How do get 150 251 386 493 649 Pokémon on a bus? You poke 'em on".

Last edited:
As for Japanese Pokemon commercials, I haven't seen any except one for Pokemon Bread (man, why doesn't America get Pokemon themed food products)
We did. Back before you knew about Pokémon. There was Pokémon macaroni & cheese, Pokémon cereal, Pokémon fruit rolls, I think Pokémon fruit snacks... probably other food items as well...

As for commercials, I actually don't remember the Ruby / Sapphire one. But I don't know how I could have missed it unless it wasn't aired all that much.
I do remember the one with the bus, the one with the Game Link Cable (my favorite), and the Gold / Silver one. I also vaguely remember a different Gold / Silver commercial where a kid walked up to the top of an ancient temple and took a game cartidge off of a pedestal.

Burger King had some interesting toy commercials. I particularly loved the Pokemon 2000 one where Ash and Lugia land on top of a Burger King and collapse a hole in the ceiling.

While not TV-related, I also remember hearing Gold and Silver commercials on Radio Disney. They really hyped the new Pokemon. (Radio Disney also used to play a few Pokemon songs from movie soundtracks in 1999-2000)

I think i saw a live action D/P commercial a little while ago on youtube, and there were hundreds upon hundreds of Poke balls falling from the sky, and all the kids were like :O ...so beautiful...XD

We did. Back before you knew about Pokémon. There was Pokémon macaroni & cheese, Pokémon cereal, Pokémon fruit rolls, I think Pokémon fruit snacks... probably other food items as well...

I read and heard about it, that was when Pokemon was still massively popular in Gen 1, boy has it dropped in popularity here in the US since then.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom