• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone planning your team yet? What are your picks so far?

I've definitely been thinking out a team with my boyfriend (we absolutely love teambuilding and discussions on Pokemon) so, as far as the Pokemon we know of I'm going to have:

Rowlet - Obviously this cute little owl flew into my heart! I've been studying birds for the last while and have been into both drawing them and using them in Pokemon battles. While Litten is a rather cute kitty, I chose prey over predator.

Pikipek - This pokemon is wonderful for so many reasons. It's quite obviously based off of the Imperial Woodpecker, which is a critically endangered species that hasn't been seen alive in a looong time (from the news I've received anyway) so I'm hopeful this pokemon might raise awareness for the beautiful bird that loggers are destroying their habitats!

Grubbin - I looove bug types and wish they were a little more useful but a bug/electric type? Sign me up! Electric is my favorite type, second being bug and I am ecstatic so have seen his final form's wonderfully sleek design! I really hope he's competitively viable.

Wimpod - There's a monster in the game, Fossil Fighters, that looks very similar to this little guy and thus it has inspired me to use him! He'll be such a pain to train though, judging from his ability...

Rockruff, Salandit and Mimikyu are all possible, but that depends on the other pokemon that are released. I'd love to use Bounsweet with eviolite, too! But not during a playthrough.

I always cover at least 2/3 Grass/Fire/Water and always include the pseudo legends and never use actual legends, also, I like my in-game teams to eventually be competitive online, or at least portions of it, so I tend to use what's best, so far I've got two sets I'm looking into:

Set 1:

-Popplio
-Salandit
-Vikavolt
-Bewear
-Pseudo-Legendary

Set 2:

-Litten
-A Water-type we haven't seen yet
-Vikavolt
-Bewear
-Pseudo-Legendary

Obviously the only difference is the starter and the second type. My choice will be heavily based on which starter is better competitively, or if neither are (like many generations are), it'll be based on how Salandit is, and it looks like Salandit will be good and I almost always get the water starter, so Popplio is the easiest choice, but I have a soft spot for cats and since one is a starter a part of me really wants to go Litten too, so if Salandit isn't as great as we hope it'll be, I may go with set 2.

Grubbin - I looove bug types and wish they were a little more useful but a bug/electric type? Sign me up! Electric is my favorite type, second being bug and I am ecstatic so have seen his final form's wonderfully sleek design! I really hope he's competitively viable.

Vikavolt is the final evolution of Grubbin, as shown here: Pokémon Sun & Moon - New Pokémon

Litten and Grubbin are pretty much locked in for the journey. Rockruff and/or Mimkyu will probably join them if they're introduced early enough.

I have decided to use all three starters for one of my games when I get them. A way of celebrating the 20th anniversary of pokemon. Not sure about my last three but probably have pokemon that are not Grass, Flying, Fire, Water and any secondary type the evolutions of Litten and Popplio might have.

I've thought of doing this too but I also want to use Salandit so Salandit and Litten on the same team might be weird, however I've done this before with Fire-types (Talonflame & Charizard on Y), so maybe it can work.

Alrighty! Now that new Pokemon have been revealed, my Moon team is officially made! Their nicknames, too!

Popplio (Nettuno)
Rockruff (Caillou)
Bounsweet (Berry)
Comfey (Posey)
Togedemaru (Riccio)
Pikipek (Picchio)

(Wow. First team in which I don't have a fire type. That might change if Game Freak and Nintendo show new fire Pokemon.)

My Sun team is still under construction, but here's a potential maybe team:
Rowlet (Volantes)
Komala (Koala)
Salandit (Toxica)
Mimikyu (Wisp) or Cutiefly (Aurelie)
Tapu Koko (Rooster)

Now that we know what the starter evolutions look like I really don't know which I'm gonna pick. I'll wait to see them in-game before choosing I guess. It will probably not be Litten though since I feel about its evo the same way I feel about Emboar. So after all the new reveals my tentative team is:

Vikavolt
Salandit
Mudsdale
Mimikyu
Alolan Vulpix
Eevee (the Eeveelution will depend on the rest of my team)

Last edited:
The latest reveal hasn't really changed much for my team since I'm picking Rowlet and there were a lot of grass, flying and ice (which always appear late) types revealed.

Mudbray is cute though, so that adds to the temptation to have Mudsdale on my team. Minior looks like it could have potential for a cool evolution too so I'm keeping an eye on it.

Well the new Ninetales is definitely something. It's gorgeous and I love it. I like the new Sandslash as well, though Ninetales may be better.

So, I'm definitely using more than 6 Pokemon. There's too many good ones. No way I could limit myself to 6. My shortlist of current favorites is...

-Rowlet/Litten
-Ninetales/Sandslash (A)
-Rockruff
-Pikipek
-Mimikyu
-Salandit (or other fire type)
-Drampa
-Mudsdale
-a Water type
-Vikavolt
-Eevee (Umbreon or Espeon)

That's pretty much everything at the moment, still a lot lol. Gonna be using a solid 10 Pokemon or so, I'm guessing lol. Just for fun, I might even have a couple Pokemon that I use purely for riding purposes. Or just use temporarily, while I have 3-4 core team members while the last couple slots alternate.

Last edited:
Alola Ninetales joins the ranks with Rowlet, Cutiefly, Bewear and Komala.

Ooh man, I really love Sensu style Oricorio, but I don't think it'll be an addition to my playthrough team simply because it seems like it's on the last island, judging from the order it was shown in the trailer.

Glad Mudsdale has a pre-evolution, he's going on my team now.

Rowlet, Salandit, Wimpod, Mudsdale, and Vikavolt are mine right now. Bewear is pending a pre-evolution.

If I end up double-dipping (hope there's a real incentive to), then Litten and Fomantis are my locks for Team #2.

Not sure if I wanna use the Alola Variants---I like to stick with "New Pokemon", but they are new I guess. And I've never used any of the three revealed today.

Time for some updates.

Locks: Rowlet/Popplio, Eeveelution, Oricorio (Sensu or Pa'u style)

Considering: Rockruff, A-Ninetales, Togedemaru, Bewear, Raichu, A-Sandslash

Sun Team: Rockruff (Rocko), Bewear (Cotton), Mimikyu (Pikaboo),
Reserves: Minior (Star Boy), Baile Oricorio (Viola), Cutiefly (Dashing or Charming), Komala (Hippo)
Possible picks for my main team: Litten (Tiger, after my cat), Lurantis (Fiona), Salandit (Karen or Shirley; it will be on the team if its evolution is better than Litten's),

Moon Team: Pyroar (Mufflerlion), Mudbray (Friendoney, won't evolve), Ambipom (Monkeyboard), Pangoro (Trumpanda)

My 100% for sure team so far is: Popplio, Pikipek, Salandit, Oricorio (Sensu Style), Alolan Sandslash.

My maybes are: Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Vikavolt.

So far I'm very much leaning towards Rowlet as my starter, though that could change depending on the final forms of the three.

Outside of that, I am most definitely liking Salandit and Drampa, also with Vikavolt as an early member replaced later on. Wimpod and Lurantis definitely have my attention as well, but they hinge on which starter I pick, as I prefer to have a very diverse team in terms of typing. Mudsdale is a maybe, while I do rather like it, I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

However, with today's reveal of the Alolan forms of classic Pokemon, that could potentially change everything for me, as I REALLY like both Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix. Future Alolan variants could easily find their way into my team, as I'm very impressed with what I have seen so far.

Sun team: Litten, Rockruff, Salandit, Mimikyu, Mudsdale, and Alolan Vulpix
Moon Team: Popplio, Bruxish, Minior, Baile Style Oricorio, Alolan Exeggutor, and Alolan Sandslash

Possible Pokemon: Rowlet, Pikipek, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Wimpod, Comfey, and Lurantis.

Of course, it'll change when more get revealed.

got a little more decided now that more has come out.

Pokemon Moon: Litten, Mimikyu, Rockruff, New Water Type Pokemon (If not, I'll probably catch an older one I haven't used, or haven't used in a while), Mudsdale, and Togedemaru (unless a cooler electric type comes out)
Pokemon Sun: Popplio, Cutiefly, Either Sensu or Baile style Ocorio, Electric type (either a new one, Togedemaru, or an older one), Lurantis, and Drampa

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom