• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone read any good books lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Thousand Sons, from the Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy.

It was amazing! 10/10. I cried at parts and it was a really well done story of the downfall of the Thousand Sons chapter.

Finished up Guild Wars: Ghosts of Ascalon. Bit of a disappointment. Fairly standard fantasy book. Hits all the normal beats and you can see the end coming a mile away. As a fan of the games, though, it was nice getting some lore and seeing what happens between the current series and the next.

Now I'm on Wild Cards Volume III - Joker's Wild. Very good, as the series usually is.

Just finished reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.

A very good book, I must say.
It's basically about werewolves and a young girl. But it's none of that Twilight crap.

I finished the Martian Chronicles.

I also read Epic, where the world's infrastructure has to with a computer MMO

Right now I'm reading The Dante Club by Matthw Pearl and its slow but enjoyable and quite graphic.

Recently though I've finished the latest book of the Sigma Series (which is awesome) by James Rollins.

Which Rollins book is that? I've read a couple, but out of order (Map of Bones is one).

The Brass Verdict, by Michael Connelly
I'll Mature When I'm Dead, by Dave Barry
Deep Water Death, by Glyn Marsh Alam
Third Degree, by Greg Iles
Even the Wicked, by Lawrence Block
Wonder Woman: Mission's End, by Greg Rucka
Wonder Woman: Beauty & the Beasts, by George Perez
JSA: The Bad Seed

Recently, I've been reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's a lot more interesting than I thought it would be and I've found myself becoming quite attached to the characters.

Thanks for recommending it to me, Danish. :3

^ Yes, listen to him. The Book Thief is amazing. It may not sound all that great at first, but read it anyway. I didn't think it sounded very interesting when I first got it, but the story just swept me away and, like Miller, I became very attached to the characters. It's not a book you'll regret reading.

I've being reading The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende.
This story is just fantastic. You can't stop reading to make sure if the story is actually never ending, and it's really worth it.
It's one the few fantasy books I've enjoyed in a long time.

Which Rollins book is that? I've read a couple, but out of order (Map of Bones is one).

It was The Doomsday Key and the order goes

Sandstorm(prequel)
Map of Bones (#1)
Black Order (#2)
The Judas Strain (#3)
The Last Oracle (#4)
The Doomsday Key (#5)

Next year The Devil Colony is coming out and I'm stoked for that one.

Id recomend any of John Grisham's books, he writes alot of books about Lawyers/Legal stuff

Ive been reading alot of Jodi Picoult. She's ok, and many of her books deal with somewhat controversial subjects, usually with a twist at the end.

Also if your in to fantasy: try Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire Mysteries( this is what True Blood is based looesly off of) i might not read it if you have a prblem with language/sex, but the book series has alot less than the show, and can be handled alot better than the show

I also recommend to anyone to read one of my personal favorite Trilogies, Dan Brown's Robert Langdon trilogy: Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol. The book series is much more in depth than the moveis and it deals with alot of Symbolism, Hystory, and adventure, it really is a great series

I read "Flowers For Algernon" by Daniel Keyes. It was an excellent book.

Well, I'd recommend the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, or The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

Finished Moby Dick last week, I'm now reading a novelisation of the TV miniseries 'V'.

Heh, just hittin up the good ol' comic books.

I'm reading an encylcopedia on robotics and such.

It was The Doomsday Key and the order goes

Sandstorm(prequel)
Map of Bones (#1)
Black Order (#2)
The Judas Strain (#3)
The Last Oracle (#4)
The Doomsday Key (#5)

Next year The Devil Colony is coming out and I'm stoked for that one.

Okay, thanks. Haven't read Sandstorm yet, but I have read Map of Bones and Black Order. Just finished The Bone Thief by Jefferson Bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom