• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone thinking HGSS is hinting to no 3rd gen remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering. HGSS have the lock/rock capsule thingy. It seems nothing opens it in the game. I wonder if the remakes would be this gen instead of next gen. I say this because lets face it gen 5 games are coming either in 2012 or 2013. If 2012 then well HGSS can do fine for 3 years. But if in 2013 something will have to show up in 2011 for the gap. I believe these exact games would be it.
There's nothing stopping Gen5 being on the DS, Gen2 was compatible with Gameboy.

Ruby is my favourite Pokemon game, but I can wait a while yet. The GBA games aren't that outdated yet, so let's just wait untill then, that way we get a hoenn which really blows us away. All the Pokemon are now obtainable in Generation 4 alone - it's too soon for R/S

There's nothing stopping Gen5 being on the DS, Gen2 was compatible with Gameboy.

Ruby is my favourite Pokemon game, but I can wait a while yet. The GBA games aren't that outdated yet, so let's just wait untill then, that way we get a hoenn which really blows us away. All the Pokemon are now obtainable in Generation 4 alone - it's too soon for R/S
[/size]

However, every Pokemon game has been marketed for the latest console. You can't play the DS games on the GBA, and you can't play the GBA games on the GBC. Systems weren't even that advanced in the first and second generation, so that doesn't really apply. I can't see them keeping the fifth generation on the DS.

However, every Pokemon game has been marketed for the latest console. You can't play the DS games on the GBA, and you can't play the GBA games on the GBC. Systems weren't even that advanced in the first and second generation, so that doesn't really apply. I can't see them keeping the fifth generation on the DS.

DSi might work.

Doubt it'll be 2010 since that's the year the rest of the world gets HGSS.

However Japan HeartGold and Soulsilver was released, so they are only one who had them in 2009. They tend to be one step ahead of other countries. They could begin showing 5th generation pokemon, while we just got HG/SS.

I definitely see an RSE remake, there will always be one set of games unavailable to new players, so remakes are now a standard part of a generation.
Not to mention they can prolong a generation for at least a year if not more.

Just about to bring this up, if the next generation isn't for DSi, then it's quite a ways off, since main series Pokemon RPGs are never launch titles for a Nintendo handheld, and are released at lest a year into the systems life.

GS.
While you're correct, if the newest games were to be DSi exclusive, then they'd be unplayable on DS systems.
Still, I would hope that we just have another 4th Generation RPG as opposed to Gen5 on the DSi since as far as I know, the DSi doesn't posses any extra processing, graphics power, or ability besides the Camera and micro-SD slot.

DSi might work.
Yeah, DS->DSi = GB->GBC

However Japan HeartGold and SoulSilver was released, so they are only one who had them in 2009. They tend to be one step ahead of other countries. They could begin showing 5th generation Pokemon, while we just got HG/SS.

Yeah, the Japanese releases will always be ahead of the rest of the world, so I don't see why the next generation wouldn't start to "preview" next year.

It'll be made because now GameFreak can release two sets of Pokemon games each generation instead of just one.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone who thinks an R/S remake won't be made is fooling themselves. Not to mention GBA compatibility will be totally gone by the next handheld.

We all thought there would be no G/S remake because Sevii Islands = Johto.

Lol.

GS.
While you're correct, if the newest games were to be DSi exclusive, then they'd be unplayable on DS systems.
Still, I would hope that we just have another 4th Generation RPG as opposed to Gen5 on the DSi since as far as I know, the DSi doesn't posses any extra processing, graphics power, or ability besides the Camera and micro-SD slot.

I believe the DSi has 4 times the RAM and and the CPU is twice as good, or something along those lines.

I believe the DSi has 4 times the RAM and and the CPU is twice as good, or something along those lines.

That could make for some awesome gameplay. If that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me to have a two regoins in the Gen V game - perhaps Hoenn revisited after League along the lines of GSC/HGSS

Yeah, DS->DSi = GB->GBC

Not really. The GBC actually had games that weren't playable on the GB. The DSi doesn't have any exclusive games (which it'll probably never have), with the exception of some DSi ware like wario snapped.

Just Compare the DSi to the gameboy micro, did any new game/ generation ever come out for that? No it did not.

Not really. The GBC actually had games that weren't playable on the GB. The DSi doesn't have any exclusive games (which it'll probably never have), with the exception of some DSi ware like wario snapped.

Just Compare the DSi to the gameboy micro, did any new game/ generation ever come out for that? No it did not.
Actually the DSi is getting special carts for it. The normal DS carts will be the standard grey while the DSi carts are white. Lets face it the DSi is the next handheld we just can't see it.

Actually the DSi is getting special carts for it. The normal DS carts will be the standard grey while the DSi carts are white. Lets face it the DSi is the next handheld we just can't see it.

Though I agree with you (DSi has more powerful capabilities, therfore it's a new handheld), I have a complaint towards Nintendo marlketing it as "not a new handheld, but a redesign". They want to top PS2 sales so badly...

They made that mistake unfortunately as you said. I really want it to be labelled as the new iteration cause it deserves so much more respect then its getting.

They also said that the DS wasn't supposed to replace the GBA. Go fig...

They also said that the DS wasn't supposed to replace the GBA. Go fig...

Yep, but that'¡s a very diferent thing than markiting it as the same console. The DS wasn't advertised as a GBA new model like the DSi towards DS/Lite, was it?

Exactly why I am betting the DSi will hold the RS remakes this gen not next gen. Yes I know HGSS has the legends but who gives a fuck hgss shares legends with DPt a whole lot.

Exactly why I am betting the DSi will hold the RS remakes this gen not next gen. Yes I know HGSS has the legends but who gives a fuck hgss shares legends with DPt a whole lot.

So... with HGSS giving us Kanto and Hoenn starters would you think RSE remakes will give us Sinnoh starters and close the circle? That would make 3 of the 4 main games in one single generation. Odd, but interesting...

Now I'm wondering if this thread is gonna last 3 years until the actual remakes are released, like the now closed GSDS thread...

Oh it will and it shall give us a closed circle. Not only that but also believe Sinnoh would be in to have it updated to HGSS/?R?S standards. I am a nutjob only dreaming I think...
And if gen 5 where to be a grand reboot then bet your ass 3/4 main games would pop up.

If indeed the RSE-makes take place during this generation, I doubt they'll feature Sinnoh again. Though HGSS feature better graphics than DPPt, they're not so fara way, so I think it will be a bit redundant, not to mention that I don't see what would Sinnoh do in Hoenn' story.

Anyways, with or without remakes, I'm almost sure Gen V will reboot the franchise just as RSE did 7 years ago.

While true wouldn't you kind a want it to see the Sinnoh of 3 years before? I guess not. And Hoenn being in this gen would just make sense in a way. Get every single region into a generation where its still possible and not in say the 7th when its practically going to be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom