• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone who has an apostrophe in their username, please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

A username glitch has recently been discovered. Anyone who has an apostrophe in their user name and likes a post/blog comment creates an error that may end up hiding the post/blog comment they liked. Because of this, we ask that anyone with an apostrophe in their name please change their name to something else. If you are unable to change your name, please contact any admin and we will happily do it for you.

You'll have two weeks to change your name before apostrophes are blacklisted. If you haven't changed your name by then, we're unsure what'll happen to it.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about this.

Musashi

Yes it would. Just let me know what you want it changed to and I'll take care of it.

Do you suppose it's possible to bring back the liked post or un-hide it or something?

They come back on their own after people change their names.

Is my username affected as well? I've had it since 2010 when the trauma of Gliscor leaving Ash's roster was too great to bear.

I'm not sure what to change it to.

Is my username affected as well? I've had it since 2010 when the trauma of Gliscor leaving Ash's roster was too great to bear.

I'm not sure what to change it to.

It does effect your name.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the coding, but on Zelda Wiki, we have the <nowiki> tag to cancel out coding. Can't we just implement something like that?

I mean, it's probably something more complex than just imputing HTML coding, but I think it still should run along the same lines. Naturally, I'm probably so clueless about everything ever, but what's preventing us from adding something that disables the forum from recognizing it and causing potential problems?

While this particular bug is recent, we have reason to suspect that they're related to a plethora of other possible bugs. We're going to save ourselves some trouble on that front.

They're not coming back.

periods, however, are not affected, I take it? I hope it doesn't spread to periods, for I find great joy in being an executable file.

I see no way how it might possibly be related, but it's conceivable: I'm unable to return my username to 'Misheard Whisper'. When I try, it gives me this message:

That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are Misheard Whisper and you have forgotten your password, click here.
Any relation, mayhaps? (I've checked, and as far as I can tell the username wasn't taken while I wasn't wearing it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom