• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Anywhere and Else *Me (Thestarjar) and That Guy*

thestarjar

it's
Reaction score
"He--no, that can't be right." Spindle used his free hand to idly sort out the contents of his dish, moving the dawnspite bits off to the edge, though he still didn't dare put anything in his mouth. "I-I mean, if he's s-so upset about the book as to want these two punished, he's--th-they've already confessed, technically. Wh-Why go to the measure of--why kill over it? A-And us, as well, not to mention!"

"So now do you guys still think we should stay put?" Theida asked, then considered for a moment. "I mean, whoever it was might come to check on us if we wait around, but... then we'd be in a room with them, sooo...?"

That Guy

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
"If they come back, they'd expect us all to be dead, right..?" Hother turned his wand over in his paws again and again, anxiety setting in once more. "So there'll be trouble no matter what..."

Bristlecone shrugged.
"There's one of them, and four of us, and you've got your magic stick, and who knows what else that we don't know you can do. I fancy our chances."

"How do we know there'd be only one of them? And... and besides, Theida and I 'confessed', apparently, so isn't the entire village going to be against us, anyway..? Whoever has it in for us must be really skilled at manipulating..."

thestarjar

it's
Reaction score
"So we either escape, which makes us look suspicious, or we stay here, which makes us vulnerable, or... we die?" Theida said, and then quickly added, "Like--pretend to die. So they won't get a mob going against us, or whatever you mean."

"E-Even if that was at all a reasonable thing to do, I hardly--I d-don't think we can stop, uh, having pulses, at will." Spindle sorted his salad contents faster. "Or breathing."

That Guy

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
A whine wrestled its way from Hother's nose before he could restrain it.
"...So is there really nothing we can do?" He found himself pouting at the complexity and utter improbability of the situation. "Four wildly different creatures, with three different types of magic between us, and we're still just stuck like this? No options other than die, or die fighting... That's so unfair!"

He found himself punctuating that bark of frustration with a frustrated kick at the floor beneath him. The imprisonment they faced hadn't bothered him quite this much until now-- now that it was twinned with this mental, this spiritual, this complete, total, all-encompassing imprisonment.

thestarjar

it's
Reaction score
"I don't even do fighty magic," Theida said, catching the despair like a virus and lying flat on the ground. Her front leg was stretched forward, idly drawing a circle in the ground. She left an inch-wide gap in the shape and started carving inside it with whatever symbols her claw came out with by default. "I do water-the-plants magic that takes an entire minute."

Feeling partly responsible for the mess of a mood, Spindle tried, "W-Well, I doubt our would-be killer was v-very adept at 'fighty' magic, either, or fighting in general, g-given their method of choice was, um, poison. A-And if it is La--someone from around here, w-which it should be, then, well... Potions are also n-not ideal for..." he squints into nothingness. "I mean... I-I suppose one could make something dangerous if they really--if they tried, but that's, um, it's," he shakes his head, "u-unlikely? I hope? I'm sorry, I-I've lost my train of encouraging thought."

That Guy

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
A gentle, reptilian hand made its presence known on Spindle's head, offering an affirming stroke.
"Naw, that makes total sense. We can figure a way out of this." With his other hand, Bristlecone idly shifted his glasses forth, and back again. "Sure, things're bad for us right now, but... they could be so much worse. We'll make it through."