• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Anywhere and Else *Me (Thestarjar) and That Guy*

"But if there really is something, maybe that means something is in the direction of the walls?" Theida suggested. "We could walk around from the outside and head out from where a wall is... but that wouldn't really make any more sense than having a wall anywhere, would it. I just don't see why you'd only have them in some places. I mean, are they only just now being built, and still incomplete...?"

"I don't know. It doesn't do to ask questions about this sort of thing-- they might get the wrong idea about why I'd want to know." He reconsidered his choice of words. "Or...well, the right idea, not that I'd admit to it..? You know what I mean."

"Maybe they think the wrong way about the right things," Theida said. After a moment, she added, "No, that... doesn't make sense."

Hother shrugged, amused.
"We've reached an understanding, I think." Once again, he looked around, not quite paranoid, but not losing his pace at all, as the general vicinity began to, as he had said, open out and calm down topographically. "We're...we're as good as out. Not much further, and we'll be out of our territory."

"Good!" Theida said. But as everything more or less flattened out, she realized that this was even less like home- nothing raising out of the ground at all. "...Man, this is already so weird. I didn't know it was a thing for there to be... not mountains... you know?"

"It does feel...unfinished," Hother agreed, a neurotic frown emerging on his face for a brief moment. A morbid laugh followed. "It'd be kind of funny if this really is all there is. We could just keep walking, and never be heard from again..."

"Ha, yeah, I guess we could. Whatever, though," Theida added with the sound of conviction that she may not have really had. "What could even happen? Us dropping off the edge of the..." she hesitated. "Huh. What if there's a point where everything just ends?"

"I don't know! Maybe there's an edge that drops off into nothing. Or a barrier, or... or maybe it just goes on for infinity, like you said." The latter idea was almost scarier than the thought of dropping into some void.

A modest, nervous whine escaped Hother, completely unbidden, at the mere thought. He contemplated the prospect for a moment, then a new thought crossed him.
"...Why don't we know? How long have we and our people lived where we have? How can we just not know these things?"

"I don't know! Maybe 'cause nobody ever goes anywhere!" Her expression became resolute. "But we're gonna find those answers."

"Right!--"
Hother's intonation interrupted itself mid-exclamation as his ears twitched to an unusual configuration. His hackles rose somewhat; something was wrong, all of a sudden.
"...Uh...We are sure nobody's ever tried leaving before, right..?"

"Uh, yes? There couldn't have been. Someone would have noticed," Theida asserted. "...Why? What's wrong?"

His ears adjusted, settling at some bizarre angles.
"I don't think we're alone out here anymore..." He cast paranoid looks this way and that, but ultimately settled on the mid-distance ahead of them. "...Just one, I think. But that's still one more than I'm comfortable with..."

"Then maybe they came from somewhere else," Theida suggested, wondering how anyone could sense someone that far away. It seemed completely quiet to her. "If there's even anyone here. We should check if it'll calm you down!"

"Should we?" He seemed increasingly ill-at-ease with each passing moment. "...Maybe I'm not cut out for this kind of adventure, after all. Should we confront them, or run away..? And--!" His ears darted upright again. "--If I can sense them from all the way over here, maybe they already know that we're here. Are they going to want to hurt us, or imprison us, or..?"

Somewhere in his anxious ramblings, he had found the wherewithal to sit down and stare at the ground beneath them, in an evidently-failing effort to distract him from his concerns. He whined, then cut himself off with a growl, and as good as jumped back to his feet.
"Oh, stop being so useless, Hother!" he told himself, and jutted his nose towards the point in the distance he had indicated before. "Let's just go and investigate, and to hell with the consequences!"

Theida shifted her weight around, trying to come up with adequate reassurance as he rambled, but she didn't know what to say. He was starting to make her doubt her conviction. Did they even want to go find what it was, after all?

She was relieved when he jumped up, helping reaffirm her own confidence with his determination. "Yeah! I bet it's just some feral, anyway."

"Right! R-right..." He took a step in the direction he had been looking. "It's...nothing I can't handle. I just don't know what it is, yet."
He readjusted his posture as he walked, trying to look more confident.
"By the way...I don't remember if I already asked-- with all this excitement, the past day feels more like it lasted half a year, or something like that..." He looked aside, stifling an awkward chuckle. "...Did I already ask what you...like...do, where you come from? As a job, I mean?"

"Uh." He hadn't asked, unless memory was failing two people on this adventurous day. She didn't like her job. It was boring and dumb and a good portion of the reason she'd left. "Feeding the animals... and stuff. Most people my size work on farms. And it's boring and I'm glad I left!"

"Farms, huh..? So we have that in common...at least, sort of." He nodded. "For what it's worth, I had more of a guard-kind of position. It's not easy to explain to an outsider, come to think of it."

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom