• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Anywhere and Else *Me (Thestarjar) and That Guy*

That made sense. She couldn't imagine anything other than farms being used to get food. Everyone knew it was too dangerous to actually leave for external supplies... then again, 'everyone knew' no other civilizations existed, and look where they were now.
She looked up at him curiously. "Well, what were you guarding?"

"Wow, do they even need guards? Are they gonna escape since you left?" She grinned. "That'd be great!" But if most people never left the town, then they'd probably have nowhere to go when they escaped... it would be more trouble than it was worth.

He shook his head, his ears and tail sagging somewhat.
"No, they'll just have someone take my place. And the best an unsupervised sheep could do is...not-work, I guess. Not-hyphen-work. Is there a word for that?"

"I dunno," Theida replied, not quite getting what he meant. "They can't work? Are there any unsupervised sheep normally?"

"That's so ridiculous," Theida said. "We've got our own hierarchy, but at least nobody's dumb enough to think I need supervision when I'm not even doing anything!"

"Call it what you will-- dumb, paranoid, hypocritical, whatever-- but the silver lining is, at least I got a little free combat-training out of it. Not that I've ever needed the power to subdue someone my own body-weight, but hey..." He perked his ears up, listening hard for just a moment. "...You never know, we might need it."

"Fighting, huh? That makes one of us." She looked ahead again when his ears perked up. "Oh yeah, almost forgot we're following something! Can you still hear it?"

Hother straightened up, his ears twitching, almost surprising himself with the juxtaposition of his diligence now and that of three seconds prior.
"I..." He inclined his head one way, then the other, and back, looking more curious than anything else. "I...don't think so..? It's not where it just was, anyway. But...I guess that's not all that surprising, huh."

"Yeah, we made a bunch of noise following it. I bet it was some small thing that got scared off!" Though she didn't have any real estimation on its size, not having heard it herself. "We're still going away from the city, right? Maybe we'll catch on to it again."

"Yeah, maybe..." Hother trailed off, frowning and glancing at the ground ahead. "Uh...what's this about?"
The earth beneath them was, as they continued, steadily giving way to softer, less solid ground, and steadily denser vegetation. Though not entirely unpleasant in its consistency, the coolness and clinginess of the mud bothered Hother more than it ought to. It just felt...inherently unclean.

"Ew," Theida said, her legs sinking deeper and deeper into the increasingly wet ground. "Feels like the ground's trying to eat me!" She dislodged her feet from the mud and perched on a branch instead, waiting for Hother to catch up before hopping onto the next one.
Now that she was higher up, she could see something ahead of them- hills? No, too unnatural. "Hey, do you see those things? Kinda like big bumps in the ground, but I don't know what they're made of..."

Hother took a few not-quite-running paces to get a better look. He surveyed them, still approaching, slower now, and inclined his head.
"Maybe that's what passes for living-quarters around here?"

"That's silly, who would live in those?" Theida scoffed. But as she hopped a few trees closer to the scene, the features of the structures became clearer. "Oh, wait, yeah, those are doors. But it doesn't look like they're locked with runes or your weird locks. Why the heck wouldn't houses be locked?"

"I guess we're past the point where we'd be amazed that people live out here at all," Hother shrugged, edging closer, but not too close, just in case. "...And in answer to both, it's apparently a big world out here. The possibilities are endless-- villages of people who use symbols to make magic, people who haven't heard of locks...It really must take all sorts."

"Those things are literally both the same sort," Theida pointed out. "But yeah, if I haven't been dreaming the entire last day up, anything's possible!" She leaned forward on her branch, but dared not go any farther than Hother. "...Uh, I don't see anyone around the houses, though."

He adopted a pensive frown.
"So...does that mean we should investigate while there's no-one to stop us, or literally the exact opposite because trespassing? ...Then again, we might be trespassing already and not even know it."

"We don't know that they even care about trespassing," Theida countered with a tiny grin. "Their doors aren't locked!" She gathered her courage and went to the next branch in front of Hother, then looked back and waited for him.

He permitted a modest whine, but persevered forwards anyway, evidently looking for some kind of rationalisation to motivate him.
"I mean...we're not going to steal anything. We're just looking...right?"

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom