• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Anywhere and Else *Me (Thestarjar) and That Guy*

"I don't know. Somewhere else. I'm not going back home. I'll get in trouble, and it's boring." Maybe she'd just skirt around to the other side of the mountains. Or maybe she'd find the courage to actually go off somewhere else. Who knew. "If you don't like it either, why are you staying here?"

Once again, he raised a paw, ready to defend his rationale, but found almost immediately that he agreed.
"Until a little while ago, I didn't know there were any other options. If that's the case...when are you going to set off?"

Well, this conversation was going unexpectedly smoothly. "Uh... Tomorrow morning. Maybe I can learn a little about this place. And get some sleep. Because I am not ready to go that far twice in one day."

"You could stay at my place, if you need somewhere to rest," he found himself offering before really thinking it through. "...And I could...I don't know...get some supplies, or something, in the meantime? It wouldn't be too clever to just leave here without guaranteed food, and stuff. ...Uh, assuming griffins eat, that is."

Theida gave him an incredulous look and spoke with deadpan sarcasm. "No, we just absorb energy from the trees. Of course we eat. And, uh, thanks, that sounds good. Where is your place? I assume you don't sleep outside on the ground, or something."

"Do griffins not have houses, then?" Hother wasn't entirely sure if he was riposting with some sarcasm of his own or not. "I was just heading back before I met you, actually. So...just this way. A bit off-the-beaten-path, but at last that means you'll definitely be safe...I think."

"We do. They're built into the sides of mountains instead of sprouting from the ground, though," Theida said, electing to give a serious reply. She walked up to him, prepared to follow. "Good enough."

He cast one final look around, not out of particular paranoia, this time, but just to take in the death-throes of the afternoon one last time before setting off, and allowing the day to give way to early evening.
"There's probably a better way I could phrase this," he said as he went, keeping a pace he thought suitable for Theida, not trying to outpace her, and barely even trying to stay ahead enough to lead, "but...is the weather much different where you're from?"

Theida nearly unfolded her wings, but thought better of it. It wouldn't be good to fly when she was trying to keep a low profile among a group that couldn't fly. Instead, she walking, her legs moving quickly, but not uncomfortably so, so match his pace.
She glanced up at the sky when Hother asked his question. "Um... not that I can tell. Our towns are far apart, but the sky's really... big, you know? And the clouds look the same. Back there, it rains sometimes, but rarely."

"We get rain sometimes, too," he replied idly, nodding somewhat, not entirely sure where he had intended this line of enquiry to go. "So...we've got that in common."

"...Huh," Theida replied awkwardly. "Oh, and I guess another thing we thought was pretty much exclusive to sapient beings is magic- uh, do you...?"

Theida gave him an incredulous look. "Um, no. How does waving a stick around make things happen? We use runes."

"No, no, it's symbols. You put down symbols, usually in circles, and you can do different things depending on how they're arranged. No movements required... except the drawing."

"Weird. It must be a you-thing." He pondered the idea in quiet reverie. "Dumb question, but what kind of thing does it do? Maybe your magic works completely differently from ours."

She thought about it for a moment. "A lot of stuff. You can fix things if you put all the pieces on a circle. Or use one to fall asleep more easily, or start a fire. What does your magic do?"

"That sounds more or less like what ours does. And moving stuff, too, but that's harder." He almost considered a modest demonstration, but something else caught his attention: what one could presume to be his home. "Oh, uh...we're here."

Theida looked up at it, impressed despite herself. "Whoa... Back home, our houses are built into mountainside caves."

"Completely? That sounds...uncomfortable," he remarked as he produced a key from somewhere about his person, and introduced it to the door of his house.
By Hother's standards, it was nothing to write home about; on the outside, just the standard affair of brick, mortar, and only the occasional area where the structure merged with the hills that made up the region's landscape; and on the inside, simple, functional, and with a modest amount of cosiness to it, taking up just the right amount of space to accommodate a resident or two, without seeming too grandiose, or too cramped.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom