• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Anywhere and Else *Me (Thestarjar) and That Guy*

"We don't just sleep in a cave, doofus, we put stuff in it," Theida grumbled, though loudly enough to make out. She still looked impressed at the interior. The scale was larger than what she was used to in her own home, and the designs of the objects inside were different, probably to account for the entirely different anatomy of the species. She had already felt alienated from the structure the moment the key was placed in the door, though, if not right when she'd entered the town. "...Yeah, kind of like this," She added, following Hother inside.

"So," he said, leaving Theida to her reverie and not quite swanning around his domain-- at the very least, he seemed more at ease than he had outside, if only by virtue of being in his own territory outright, "what are our plans, and how are we doing them?"

"I dunno, I'm not an escape tactician," Theida replied, making a face. She kept looking around the house. "...Leave tomorrow, I guess? Fl- walk out when nobody's looking. That's all I did the first time."

"Sounds good, I guess. That gives us time to prepare, and..." He contemplated his paws for a moment. "...Well, by the time they work out I'm gone, we'll be too far ahead for them to catch us, let alone work out which way we even went."

"Yeah. If this place is really like my home, I doubt they'll leave for any reason. I bet they won't even come looking." She realized that might have come out wrong, but couldn't think of how to correct it. "Not to say that you... they... ugh, anyway, yeah. It'll be fine."

Hother took a seat, and reclined, the accidental connotations of Theida's words passing him by completely. After some moments of quiet, he asked,
"So...where you're from, what do they say to try and convince everyone not to try to leave?"

"Well... it's just kinda accepted that nobody can survive outside of civilization, 'cause we wouldn't have the "survival skills" or whatever. And with the way the king and queen act about it, it feels like you'd be in major trouble if you left, too. If you survived." Theida sat down next to the chair and looked away, lost in thought; perhaps she was reflecting on her own reasons for leaving, despite this. Then, she snapped out of it and turned her head to Hother. "Do they say stuff to keep you here, then?"

"Stuff like that, yeah. They say that there isn't anything past the borders; that, if you try to leave, you'll end up nowhere. They're super-vague about it, though. I don't know if they mean that literally, or if there's just land like this, but without civilisation, or..." He bowed his head and sighed. "Yet another reason I don't entirely agree with the way the elders run this land."

"The elders? What, you mean this whole place is just run by old people?" Theida's tail flicked at the air. "No wonder you're weird!"

Hother cringed, flinched, and wondered if he should take offence, all in the span of less than a second.
"Well, I mean...They've been around longer than the rest of us, so they insist they've got the most experience..." He feigned a half-smile. "To their credit, nothing ever seems to change around here, but-- nothing ever seems to change around here. Change isn't how things used to be, so it's not how it is now, under their rule." A question formed in his mind, from that wording. "...Wait, this seems strange to you? Then who's in charge where you're from?"

"The biggest griffins. The monarchs," Theida said, as though it should have been obvious. Then her tone lightened up as she decided to describe it a little better, since it was clear he wouldn't know anything about the system. "There's just a couple of people who are in charge of everything. And a few more just smaller than- um, with a little less power than them, the nobles. And our kings do a great job of keeping everything in order. And... not-leaving."
She looked up at him, pondering what he'd said. "Does nobody here ever grow up and remember that they wanted change? I guess not a lot changes at home, but nobody really pushes for it. Are you the only one here who even cares?"

"Sometimes, it really feels like I am," he sighed, then addressed nobody in particular: "I don't see how running away is going to make things any better, but...then again, if nobody else minds, what difference would it make? Like, does it still count as oppression if the oppressed don't know or care?"

"I guess not. But then, if someone does care, they should be allowed to leave. If that's how it works," Theida replied. "Anyway, I don't want to have a philosophical conversation. I want to sleep."

Hother contemplated his reply, then shook his head dismissively.
"That's fair." He began to make his way to a corner, to some low, cushioned, circular affair of a furniture-piece, then hesitated. "I, uh, don't usually have guests overnight, so..." He gestured broadly at his home, implying nothing in particular other than that she had free enough roam of the place. "...Make yourself comfortable in whatever way your kind does, I guess."

Theida looked at him, then around the room again when he gestured to it. "...Thanks," she said, walking towards the couch. She jumped up onto one side of it, circled a few times, and lay down.

He watched her with an idle curiosity for a moment, then climbed into his bed-- floor-level, albeit with short walls for most of its circumference; just off-round in shape and of a brown and cream colour-palette; and padded in the name of comfort-- to curl up as best his therianthrope form would allow, and get some rest for himself.

The early morning light shone on Theida through the window; she shifted and realized it felt like she was sinking into the bed. Panicked, she let out a short but loud screech and shot up out of it, then landed on the floor, disoriented. She started pacing up and down the room, taking several seconds to remember where she was and why.

Hother barked his surprise in response to her behaviour from the other side of the room, then calmed himself quickly, and resumed whatever menial task it was that he had apparently been in the middle of.
"Is that, uh...something I'm going to have to get used to if we're going to travel together?" he asked without fully committing to looking up from the worktop.

"What!?" Theida yelped, not having noticed him until he'd made sound. She stopped and sat down, stretching her neck upward in an attempt to retain some dignity. "No, I just, it was weird. To wake up here. You would've done the same!" She started pacing again. "Your couch tried to drown me."

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom