• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

RP Everyone Anywhere and Else *Me (Thestarjar) and That Guy*

Larch nodded slowly, adding more onto the book entry. When he finished, he appeared to think this was enough, having filled nearly an entire page with Hother's information. He turned to Theida, moving his pen to a new page. "And what about your kind?"

"Um, I'm a griffin..." Theida searched for words, trying to figure out what in her home was equivalent to what Hother had talked about. "We don't write like you at all. Our runes are in circles with symbols, and we use them for magic, too. Oh, and I'm the smallest type of griffin, so I help with growing crops. Bigger ones do stuff like making new runes, cooking, studying... And the biggest type of griffins are royalty. They do the..." she hesitated. "...'Management-y stuff.'"

Hother inclined his head, one ear twitching patiently, passively absorbing this for himself.
What was I expecting? he found himself wondering. ...Something more different, maybe. ...Or less different? The same in a different way?
...No; he had managed to lose himself, which earned him a quiet, involuntary whine, which he did his best to stifle and dismiss.

When Larch finished writing, he gave them a slow nod- more of a bow, actually- and closed the book. "Thank you for your contributions," he said, and without waiting for a response, he was out the door.

After a quiet minute or so of thought, Theida said, "That was kind of--" and was interrupted by the door opening once more.
It was Spindle, breathing like he'd just sprinted some distance to get there. "Hey! Thank you guys again for contributing to the book! We-- uh, Bristlecone and I, thought you might like to... well, not get questioned by a bunch of other people, right after you've traveled here and already had Larch write about you...? Um, my point is, you can have dinner at our place. And stay overnight. If you'd like!"

"Yeah," Theida said automatically. Wasn't Bristlecone that alligator? Did they live in the same house? "That sounds... good."

"Great! It's this way," Spindle said, and he led them down the path, past several houses. A few strangers gave them curious looks- and a few friendly smiles- but nobody confronted them, seeming to understand from Spindle's purposeful gait that he meant to take them somewhere without being interrupted. Before long, he stopped at a house and opened the door. "Come right in," he said to them, and then called into the house, "I'm- we're here! They're staying over!"

"Glad to hear it." Bristlecone stood from elsewhere in the house, going from near-camouflaged to profoundly visible in a single, flowing gesture, despite his stature. "So Larch is passing us the torch to show them how we do hospitality, huh."
He flashed an innocent smirk, revealing just a few too many teeth for Hother's comfort.
"...Challenge accepted."

Spindle laughed as the three of them walked in. Theida watched at Bristlecone nervously. "So... did the magic thing work on Palex?" She glanced at Hother and added more quietly, "That... that was the name, right?"

"Uh..?"
Before Hother could complete a thought of any degree of reassurance, Bristlecone appeared to have deciphered the question.
"Palex Liatris, you mean? Or just Liatris, if you don't have much time. ...We don't know yet. The potion didn't seem like it had any immediate effects, but it might be a slow burner. And who knows what's going on under the surface, anyway? It might've cleaned out any blight-or-whatever on the inside. Maybe, by tomorrow, something will've happened."

"Oh," Theida said in a tone of voice that indicated understanding, while understanding very little of what Bristlecone had said.
Spindle took the lull in conversation as an opportunity to lead them towards a table, which was already visible from the door. "Feel free to sit down! We'll make dinner for everyone!" And he disappeared around a corner, which was just out of sight from the table.

The table itself was small, round, and set with four alternating chairs- two that were larger and lower, and two whose seats were higher up, appearing to accommodate the local species respectively. A few more chairs were lined up against the wall, as though ready to cram even more people around a table that looked like it was at its limit with four.

Bristlecone inclined his head towards the table in some vaguely hospitable way, and followed Spindle out of sight. With some unsteadiness, Hother allowed himself to interpret that as an indication that he should, indeed, let himself be at ease, and, as advised, took his place at one of the larger seats. It seemed just a little off-- naturally; those alligator-creatures seemed huge, even from his point of view-- but still afforded him an adequate place at the table.

He contemplated making some polite remark, just to fill the air, as he took in the sensory overload of all of this-- to be sat, ready to dine with three vastly different creatures, the likes of which he hadn't known existed just a few days ago, in what might as well be an entirely different world, and yet for it all to be so concrete, so real, so here...
Naturally, no such remark came to mind.

Theida watched both of them leave the room with similar unease. She wanted to ask something, figure something out about this, but they were gone before a full thought could form. Tail twitching, she instead followed Hother to the table and took a seat in one of the higher chairs next to him, and she gave him a look of cautious optimism.

For the moment he had to himself, Hother aimed to return the look as best he could, but a twitch in one ear distracted him.
"So...what's the plan?" Bristlecone, apparently, and talking in a hushed tone. Did he think he was being quiet..? "Something more exciting than usual, keep 'em entertained while we have the chance?"

"Oh, certainly! How could we not give our best to such interesting visitors? They might even want to stick around a little longer," Spindle replied at the same apparently-low volume. There was the sound of some shuffling, then he added, "I- hmm, I just realized we don't know much about their, uh, systems? Do you think this could be poisonous to them?"

Unlike Hother, Theida just barely heard an indistinct whispering sound coming from the other room, and didn't pay it much mind. She instead was staring at the wall and trying to make shapes out of meaningless patterns in the wood.

A few more shufflings.
"I think...this should be fine, no matter what."

Hother gave a restrained, involuntary whine.
"Are you hearing this?" He aimed to emulate their volume, but quieter still. He didn't want to cause a fuss, but he couldn't overlook what this sounded like...

"Oh, that's good. Always a safe bet."

"Uh," Theida whispered, and tried for a few moments to listen. She couldn't hear anything distinctly worrying in the house, and of course not knowing put her even more on edge. "Hearing what?"

"What?!" she hissed, eyes wide and neck feathers bristling up. "About-- poisoning us? Should we.. say something?" But it felt like a bad idea the moment it left her mouth.

For want of anything more efficacious, he offered a helpless smile.
"What could we do, though? At best, we might offend them, and at worst...well, I don't think we'd stand much of a chance at overpowering them. And it's not like they'll give us a straight answer if we ask--"
"Hey!" It was all Hother could do not to launch himself out of the seat at Bristlecone's interjection from his place, leaning around the corner from the other room, and brandishing a suspect green stalk. "...Do y'all have asparagus where you're from?"

"Yeah," Theida said. She farmed the stuff back home. "Uh-- it's-- it makes us ill, though," she added clumsily. It was a complete lie, but if they didn't think she was faking to avoid vegetables like a young child would, they might use it instead of something actually poisonous.

"Uhh...y-yeah." Hother picked up her plan after half a moment's consideration. "And, uh, it's easy for us to choke on if it's not cooked right."
Bristlecone inclined his head pensively, then offered an open grin, not actively attempting to showcase his vast collection of teeth.
"Alrighty!" He vanished around the corner again, following this up with a much quieter, "Guess we'll have to try something else, then. Something a bit more definite."

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom