• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Apparently there's a really bad crash bug

Thanks for posting this, I've been passing these crash reports along to friends to hopefully help them protect their Switches. =(
At this point I’m not even sure what ensures that a Switch console is completely protected, since I’ve read about issues with every combination of Physical/Digital, Autosave/Not Autosave.
I’m just hoping either there’s some official statement or the dataminers figure out the stuff which could be explained in easy language.

I’m tired of people believing that the information's being passed around just to hate on Sword and Shield because I've seen a decent amount of posts on the internet with that, though.

I'll repeat, it's not a specific Pokémon issue - people reported it with Smash but it's getting a lot more attention with Pokémon because the amount of people looking for reasons to hate the game.

This is on Nintendo to fix the issue with the Switch, not Gamefreak to somehow change the programming of their game to include a work around for a hardware issue.

I'll repeat, it's not a specific Pokémon issue - people reported it with Smash but it's getting a lot more attention with Pokémon because the amount of people looking for reasons to hate the game.

This is on Nintendo to fix the issue with the Switch, not Gamefreak to somehow change the programming of their game to include a work around for a hardware issue.
The one I posted about was a different one around 3 posts back, which people are connecting with SwSh due to it possibly using NAND...
I’m gonna go and try to research on it soon since I hate having incomplete info.

Sorry, the comment before the links threw me as the reddit one already has an edit saying its most likely BS and the explanation of why makes perfect sense.

The explanation makes sense, glad that the games cannot do that damage to a Switch. I just hope people don’t deliberately promote and claim issues to be specific to SwSh when they aren’t... it just makes things difficult for people who are trying to use objective arguments and discredits them as a whole, giving traction to the “all complainers are whiners and trolls” argument

At this point I’m not even sure what ensures that a Switch console is completely protected, since I’ve read about issues with every combination of Physical/Digital, Autosave/Not Autosave.
I’m just hoping either there’s some official statement or the dataminers figure out the stuff which could be explained in easy language.

I’m tired of people believing that the information's being passed around just to hate on Sword and Shield because I've seen a decent amount of posts on the internet with that, though.
Pffffth- as much as I love to hate on Sword and Shield (I have a list of reasons), if it's causing major system errors, then I just want to warn the people enjoying it to take whatever steps they can to limit their risk. I think more people should take that approach rather than try to discredit it as hate because the rule of thumb usually is better safe than sorry.

Especially this soon after launch. Give it a month or two and the game should be patched to be safe enough to play in whatever mode. This is a good time period to exercise caution.

Somehow, I feel now that not having money to get a Switch right now might be working on my benefit now. Kinda like getting X slightly late saved me from the Lumiose glitch.

This is precisely the reason why I decided not to get Sword yet, I prefer to wait until the bug gets fixed so my Switch doesn't get its memory wiped.

All I can say is I've played over 50 hours on Shield and the closest thing to a bug I've found is a freeze lag after a raid ended, but after about 5 seconds the game was fine.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom