• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Apparently there's a really bad crash bug

It's has been noted to happen on Smash Bros but it's worth knowing that it seems to be more of an issue with digital copies of games which are saved on the SD card when they are saving data etc onto the console.

So if you're not using an sd card (ie system memory) then it should be safe?

From what I've read if you are using a physical copy of the game and system memory it should be fine - there were some early claims of physical game effected as well but I can't find anything substantial on that

It's definitely a Switch problem, it is known for having a multitude of errors. I've experienced a lot of them with various games and other apps.

The Youtube app on the Switch for example runs absolutely terribly and is known for often giving the "Youtube is unavailable right now" message without any reason/error message at all and my internet speed is always usually great.

It doesn't help that we only get very minor updates for the system every few months, it still has crazy untapped potential and I do hope Gamefreak don't get the blame for this as I don't think the fault lies with them.

To my understanding, it's more like Nintendo outsourced to Bethesda considering it appears this is more of a Switch problem than a SwSh one.

It's not "bootleg" ones, it's to do with the formatting. I think older/cheaper SD card are probably more likely to get it but can be sorted by putting the card into a computer and formatting it (which will wipe the card so needs backing up first)

It's has been noted to happen on Smash Bros but it's worth knowing that it seems to be more of an issue with digital copies of games which are saved on the SD card when they are saving data etc onto the console.
Funny enough, the issue actually has to do with the newer format, so you're safer using older SD cards than you are newer ones. XD

From what I’ve read, SwSh lends pretty easily to crashes, and that results into the issue. The issue isn’t exclusive to Sword and Shield, but there’s an affinity for the issue, the crashes of the game act as a trigger for the issue.

It’s just me trying to merge the various explanations in a coherent manner- further research is needed imo...

The SD card thing reminds me of what happened with a demo that came with the Official PlayStation Magazine. Apparently, if you played that demo with a memory card in slot 2, it would get formatted.

Funny enough, the issue actually has to do with the newer format, so you're safer using older SD cards than you are newer ones. XD

Sorry, I'd been skimming the info so not surprised if I got it the wrong way round!

Yeah, I experienced it as well during the cutsce
ene at Prof. Magnolia's lab... I had actually turned the auto save off as soon as I started the game and it ended up screwing me over because I forgot to save for a whole and had to do a good chunk of the beginning again :( I turned it on after and had no problem in the meantime.

Did Nintendo ever comment on this back when this happened with Smash? I'm surprised I didn't hear more about it then.

I'm really hoping Nintendo says something sooner rather than later. (Although seeing as they never commented on the Joy-Con drift until the lawsuit slapped them in the face, I'm not very confident of that happening.)

Did Nintendo ever comment on this back when this happened with Smash? I'm surprised I didn't hear more about it then.

I'm really hoping Nintendo says something sooner rather than later. (Although seeing as they never commented on the Joy-Con drift until the lawsuit slapped them in the face, I'm not very confident of that happening.)
they finally commented on the drift issue?

they finally commented on the drift issue?
Barely. They just publicly said to send faulty Joy-Cons in for repair. Their usual response, and only because they've been threatened with a lawsuit. They have made no indication (or effort) of actually developing a long-term fix. That we know of anyway.

It is hugely disappointing. Nintendo products are normally better quality than this.

Barely. They just publicly said to send faulty Joy-Cons in for repair. Their usual response, and only because they've been threatened with a lawsuit. They have made no indication (or effort) of actually developing a long-term fix. That we know of anyway.

It is hugely disappointing. Nintendo products are normally better quality than this.
ugh... I knew about that already, and that's not s fix. Give a couple months and the issue returns

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom