• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April CoroCoro begins to surface: Boxart for Black 2, White 2 revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The April issue of CoroCoro magazine has begun to leak. The scans include the boxart for Pokémon Black and White 2, featuring Kyurem's newly revealed formes, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. The magazine also promises that these two games will be an all-new adventure.

I'm pretty sure that CoroCoro said that about Platinum back in 2008, and it just ended up being the same game as Diamond and Pearl, just with added features, still, if it actually IS a new adventure and not just copied and pasted from B/W, then I would like to see some screenshots showing proof of it, as only box art is rather vague...

Pokejungle said:
The leaks for this months CoroCoro have begun, and with it a juicy piece of information that answers what many have been hoping for…

“You thought it was just a different colour?
This time it is ’2′, an utterly different story full of impact and new features are waiting for you!”

An all new story. An all new game. Defying Pokémon history for all the right reasons.
...Or maybe not, we will have to see if CoroCoro is telling the truth or is lying so we will all just get the same game as B/W just with extra features...

Last edited:
If there is a page missing, then why hasn't anyone taken a pic of it? Why would they skip it and go to the next page? Though, I'll assume that it could likely be Meloetta, and we won't get any real info on BW2 until April/May.

Keldeo and Meloetta distributions! Awesome! I wasn't expecting them to distribute Meloetta so soon!

And the box art is awesome as well! It really looks like Black Kyurem has at least something to do with electricity and White Kyurem has something to do with fire!

But I noticed something in the leak: Next to the picture of Black Kyurem, Zekrom is also pictured. Same with White Kyurem. Reshiram is there as well!
Is there something telling about how Kyurem changes into these forms?

I'm pretty sure that CoroCoro said that about Platinum back in 2008, and it just ended up being the same game as Diamond and Pearl, just with added features, still, if it actually IS a new adventure and not just copied and pasted from B/W, then I would like to see some screenshots showing proof of it, as only box art is rather vague...

Look at the scan of the boxart and revamped Kyurem form art. Now look at the black and white logos with a yellow two next to them. See that text under these logos?

Wasn't it going to be a different color!? Instead it's part two! An intriguing new story and brand new features completely different from the prequel!

That is what someone else on a different board translated the text as.

If there is a page missing, then why hasn't anyone taken a pic of it? Why would they skip it and go to the next page? Though, I'll assume that it could likely be Meloetta, and we won't get any real info on BW2 until April/May.

It was skipped for the same reason covers are leaked days before someone actually opens it up and takes pictures: Trolling. If it's not that, then I don't know what's the reason.

Also if you look to the right of page 99, you can see what appears to be Kyurem-W's tail on the edge of the next page.

Look at the scan of the boxart and revamped Kyurem form art. Now look at the black and white logos with a yellow two next to them. See that text under these logos?

Wasn't it going to be a different color!? Instead it's part two! An intriguing new story and brand new features completely different from the prequel!

That is what someone else on a different board translated the text as.

Yes, but there is a chance that it is mistranslated, we still have no screenshots yet to show us proof that it's a sequel or not...

It was skipped for the same reason covers are leaked days before someone actually opens it up and takes pictures: Trolling. If it's not that, then I don't know what's the reason.

Also if you look to the right of page 99, you can see what appears to be Kyurem-W's tail on the edge of the next page.

Well, CoroCoro hasn't leaked entirely yet, so I personally think whoever scanned the pic is trolling us...

Well, CoroCoro hasn't leaked entirely yet, so I personally think whoever scanned the pic is trolling us...

These aren't scans mind you, they're photos. It's called a leak for a reason, the photographer isn't supposed to be taking a picture of what they're taking a picture of. Therefore I don't think it's so much trolling as it is time limitations. It's very likely they snapped photos of what they deemed to be the most important pages and left the rest so they weren't caught by their employer or whoever. Japan tends to really look down upon this sort of behavior.

I like the box art being more than just slapping on a mascot's Sugi-artwork as per usual. Black and White covers just looked so lazy.
Well technically these are also Sugimori arts, but I do get your point--I'm glad it's Sugimori art specifically made for the boxes! They look awesome!

I really love how they have wire-like things coming out of their tails! I hope both mascots will be available in both games (similar to GS/HGSS) and more info surfaces soon!

I meant the stock art as opposed to his art in general. :V

I love the box art for Black 2... Black Kyurem looks awesome in its new pose. <3

The user (papico028; Twitter) has confirmed that there is "no" other page left, related to BW2 in the latest CoroCoro issue.
Also, Keldeo knows Aqua Jet, Close Combat, Hydro Pump and Sacred Sword.

What about player characters? D8 That's the one thing I really want to see. Haha, all this waiting, making me a bit edgy!
Yessss player characters are one of the things I'm most excited to learn about. They can be just outfit swaps or entirely new protagonists because of being sequels. Either way, I just want to see them! D:

*whistles* Regardless of the actual information to come, I can say this much for the time being: That's some impressive box art.

The user (papico028; Twitter) has confirmed that there is "no" other page left, related to BW2 in the latest CoroCoro issue.

Then why is there a gap in the page numbers? It really looks like they left a page out.

I like how there's no coverage about Nobunaga's Ambition on fan sites.

Part of me is more excited about the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover... Does that make me weird?

Nonetheless, the box-art of both games look really nice. Purdy.

Awesome looking box-art, and this just confirms they are indeed sequel, can't wait to see what's in store.

I like how there's no coverage about Nobunaga's Ambition on fan sites.
I'm more surprised by the lack of coverage about that game in CoroCoro. The only reason I could see for the B2W2 coverage being so minimal is that Nobunaga's Ambition has yet to be released and arguably needs more coverage right now, but it turns out that it only got half a page. I don't remember CoroCoro ever being so stingy on game information.

I hope this means that the Pokémon Company is starting to prioritize other media over CoroCoro. Come to think of it, a fair amount of Nobunaga's Ambition information was revealed via various game trailers broadcast online and on television.

Last edited:
Then why is there a gap in the page numbers? It really looks like they left a page out.

According to PokéJungle, the missing page was about Nobunaga's Ambition and the TCG.

Crap, now I have to wait an entire month for the first screenshots (this is going to be a LONG month, I can feel it), thanks for the trolling CoroCoro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom