• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April CoroCoro begins to surface: Boxart for Black 2, White 2 revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSC is Gen II. Red was from Gen I. So no, I wouldn't expect Red to be the protagonist again in GSC.

However, these sequels are still set in Gen V. It doesn't make sense to bring in new protagonists while we're still in the same generation. Especially if the sequels are set only a few years after B/W.

That's true, but again, we have no idea when these games are set. They are gen 5, but what if they're set 3 years after BW? The fact that we're getting sequels and not a third version already shows that GF is willing to mix things up. These games don't necessarily have to start up 5 seconds after N jumps out of the castle.

I did say a few years. Meaning about 3-4 years later.

GSC is Gen II. Red was from Gen I. So no, I wouldn't expect Red to be the protagonist again in GSC.

However, these sequels are still set in Gen V. It doesn't make sense to bring in new protagonists while we're still in the same generation. Especially if the sequels are set only a few years after B/W.

That's true, but again, we have no idea when these games are set. They are gen 5, but what if they're set 3 years after BW? The fact that we're getting sequels and not a third version already shows that GF is willing to mix things up. These games don't necessarily have to start up 5 seconds after N jumps out of the castle.

I did say a few years. Meaning about 3-4 years later.

And gen 2 is set 3 years after gen 1. What's not to stop 2(BW) from having new protagonists if that's the case? I'd think that the time separation would be a bigger factor in who the protagonists are rather than the actual gen number.

And gen 2 is set 3 years after gen 1. What's not to stop 2(BW) from having new protagonists if that's the case? I'd think that the time separation would be a bigger factor in who the protagonists are rather than the actual gen number.

Regardless of the time separation, Hilda and Hilbert are more heavily involved in the plot of B/W than Red was in RBY. Red was not recognized or chosen by any of the Kanto legendaries, nor did Team Rocket's plans involve any of said Kanto legendaries. And Team Rocket's remnants weren't enough of a threat to require Red's involvement.

The plot of Gen V is a lot more complex than Gen I's plot. Red's role being reduced to a cameo in GSC was understandable. However, Gen V's plot cannot afford to swap out Hilda/Hilbert for new protagonists. As said before, Hilda/Hilbert are absolutely central to Gen V's plot, just as N and Ghetsis are.

Regardless of the time separation, Hilda and Hilbert are more heavily involved in the plot of B/W than Red was in RBY. Red was not recognized or chosen by any of the Kanto legendaries, nor did Team Rocket's plans involve any of said Kanto legendaries. And Team Rocket's remnants weren't enough of a threat to require Red's involvement.

The plot of Gen V is a lot more complex than Gen I's plot. Red's role being reduced to a cameo in GSC was understandable. However, Gen V's plot cannot afford to swap out Hilda/Hilbert for new protagonists. As said before, Hilda/Hilbert are absolutely central to Gen V's plot, just as N and Ghetsis are.

Again, all I'm saying is, we don't know what 2(BW)'s plot will be. Hilbert/Hilda were essential to BW's plot. We don't know what's going to happen in 2(BW). Now that the whole ordeal with Reshiram and Zekrom is over, there may not be a need for a "chosen hero" protagonist any more. Until we know what the plot of 2(BW) is, we can't be making any judgments as to which player characters are needed. Just because BW's plot was one way doesn't mean 2(BW) will be exactly the same.

Awesome boxart! Great to see the overdrive Black Kyurem & White Kyurem on the boxart!

So... I guess that the next Pokemon Smash episode or something is supposed to announce something "completely new and Pokemon-related". Don't know if it's related to the B/W 2 or if it's supposed to be something seperate.

It's been confirmed that Pokemon Smash will be revealing much more information on Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2! On their show that will air April 8th 2012! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom