• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April CoroCoro begins to surface: Boxart for Black 2, White 2 revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
April CoroCoro begins to surface: Boxart for Black 2, White 2 revealed

The April issue of CoroCoro magazine has begun to leak. The scans include the boxart for Pokémon Black and White 2, featuring Kyurem's newly revealed formes, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. The magazine also promises that these two games will be an all-new adventure.

Read more on Bulbanews

The new boxarts are awesome! Better than all the boxarts combined(the Rayquaza one will be my 2nd fav :-D)!

Woahhhhh, epic box art. Even though I like Black Reshi more, the art for White 2 is just... wow.

Why hello there, electricity and fire prominently featured on the boxart. Do I sense some implications about the Kyurems' types? Anyway, glad it's confirmed to be a sequel.

Also, this line:

"Keldeo itself can be downloaded from June 23rd 2012 to August 31st 2012. This event can be downloaded by players with Black, White, Black 2 or White 2. It is also said to unlock something in Black 2 & White 2."

I KNEW IT. All of the unreleased Mythical Pokemon are being distributed after BW2 comes out, and will have new events in them.

...Where's Meloetta's Sugimori artwork, though? I really thought they would show that in this issue. Is the poor thing going to be stuck with shoddy anime artwork forever?

...Where's Meloetta's Sugimori artwork, though? I really thought they would show that in this issue. Is the poor thing going to be stuck with shoddy anime artwork forever?

There are some rumours going around that there might be another CoroCoro page with Meloetta details on it.

Edit: I have added the links to the "actual" source at the end, from where every single fansite got the news.

Last edited:
I KNEW IT. All of the unreleased Mythical Pokemon are being distributed after BW2 comes out, and will have new events in them.
That part hasn't been confirmed. I'm worried about the screenshot with the Musketeer trio in the player's party, as it seems to foreshadow the familiar Secret Sword event.

That part hasn't been confirmed. I'm worried about the screenshot with the Musketeer trio in the player's party, as it seems to foreshadow the familiar Secret Sword event.

Hmmm, didn't notice the Musketeers in the player's party. Hopefully it's just a reference to Keldeo's relationship with them, and/or the BW1 event.

If the event hasn't been changed in some way, it strikes me as odd that CoroCoro would point out that BW2 in particular has something unlocked by Keldeo.

The screenshot is from black/white. What I really wanna know is what the hell is Kyurem doing there....
Edit:Shouldn't we update that Kyurem knows at least Hydro Pump?

If the event hasn't been changed in some way, it strikes me as odd that CoroCoro would point out that BW2 in particular has something unlocked by Keldeo.
I agree, but the pessimist in me wonders if the Keldeo downloaded to Black and White will intentionally lack a fateful encounter flag, in which case the Moor of Iciruss event will forcibly be made exclusive to B2W2. After all, Darkrai and Shaymin's events were never unlocked in Diamond and Pearl. I wouldn't even think of this possibility if CoroCoro also referred to an in-game event in Black and White (preferably confirming that the two events are separate).

Mitchman said:
The screenshot is from black/white. What I really wanna know is what the hell is Kyurem doing there....
How do you know that the screenshot is from Black and White? And how can you tell which moves Kyurem has?

I agree, but the pessimist in me wonders if the Keldeo downloaded to Black and White will intentionally lack a fateful encounter flag, in which case the Moor of Iciruss event will forcibly be made exclusive to B2W2. After all, Darkrai and Shaymin's events were never unlocked in Diamond and Pearl. I wouldn't even think of this possibility if CoroCoro also referred to an in-game event in Black and White (preferably confirming that the two events are separate).

But then couldn't you just trade your Keldeo downloaded to BW2, back to BW1 and unlock the event in BW1 like that?

The Keldeo is fighting an Emboar. :3c

Look how cute Zekyurem looks on the box art. D'awww.

So pretty much every picture of the formes shows them spitting out Fire/Electricity? I have a feeling they actuall will be Ice/Fire Ice/ Electric or have an ability that gets them STAB for Fire/Electric moves...

So pretty much every picture of the formes shows them spitting out Fire/Electricity? I have a feeling they actuall will be Ice/Fire Ice/ Electric or have an ability that gets them STAB for Fire/Electric moves...

Um no, they didn't even show their official dual types. They could still be Dragon/Ice with Fire/Electric moves in their respective movepools.

Mitchman said:
How do you know that the screenshot is from Black and White? And how can you tell which moves Kyurem has?
The screenshot of the party is most definitely from BW simply from the fact that if we got BW2 screens, it wouldn't be for Keldeo's event, and if mentioning BW2 was for that particular screen, it would have been pointed out by, oh, EVERYONE. As for Kyurem, I meant Keldeo, its the only attack animation that lines up with what we got in the screen.

I hope they change up Black and White 2's battle scene myself, even if it's minor alterations like improved background/new status bars, like Platinum did. Just to make it feel fresher.

Um...cool boxart.

Um no, they didn't even show their official dual types. They could still be Dragon/Ice with Fire/Electric moves in their respective movepools.

Hence the I have a feeling... it was a guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom