• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

April Fools 2021

indigohex3

Reaction score
Well, in many parts of the world, it has since passed midday in many parts of the world, it is time to look back at April Fools Day 2021. There has been many pranks today, some more memorable than others, so we are bringing you the best from around the world.

Today, Team Rainbow Rocket took control of Bulbagarden in what has to be a great prank (especially Giovanni talking about Let's Go: Rattata and Let's Go: Zubat). Saw the video for it.

Today, TV Tonight (in its annual prank) announced in an "exclusive" that Sydney will be hosting this year's Eurovision Song Contest (Eurovision 2021 in Sydney, as Rotterdam abandoned. | TV Tonight), and here in Australia, Firbank Junior Grammar School, a private school near Sandringham in Melbourne's south announced a robot STEM teacher called "Tubby". If you look, it is just a costume.

In Sydney, Madame Tussauds announced it would immortalise "Karen" (a descriptor for middle-aged white woman with an entitled, condescending and often racist attitude made infamous during the lockdowns last year) in wax. Remember Karen from Bunnings anyone (The quick-witted and the bread: April Fools' Day gags | The New Daily). In the same story, South Australia police has announced a new dog operation team known as the "small area urban search and guided evacuation" or SAUSAGE. Sadly, they will not be hitting the streets of Adelaide any time soon.

View: https://twitter.com/SAPoliceNews/status/1377374585964822528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1377374585964822528%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthenewdaily.com.au%2Fnews%2Fgood-news%2F2021%2F04%2F01%2Fapril-fools-day-gags%2F

Also, Domino's has announced garlic-free garlic bread.

So how did April Fools's go in your country. What pranks did the media and others play in your part of the world.

I hate April Fools Day myself, so I don't participate in it at all. The only good thing about April 1st, to me, is that two years ago I started my current job, and as of today, it's been two years and counting.

High-Capacity-Metro-Train-3-car-tiny-train-768x512.jpg

For those who are in Melbourne, Australia, you probably have seen (or even been on) a High Capacity Metro Train. Well, Marcus Wong (Wongm on Wikipedia) had pictures of various-length HCMT, including a three-carriage Low Capacity Metro Train that looks like its at Sunshine Station, which is on the Sunbury line (Extended and shortened High Capacity Metro Trains hit the tracks - Waking up in Geelong). For those who are interested, the HCMT only run on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines and (when the Metro Tunnel opens) Sunbury line. As a Sunbury line commuter, I will eventually see them on my line. Its a joke people (well except for the extended 10-carriage train, which will be the eventual length when the tunnel opens in 2025).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom