• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Aqua/Magma's history with Jirachi

The Outrage

Reaction score
So I've gotten to Team Aqua's base and wandered in (I assume) Shelly's room, and found a picture with the following text:

There's a picture of a boy with a shaved head, a girl with black hair, and a Pokémon with three notes attached to its head.

"The 7th day of the --th month, --002.
With Arc--e and --rachi"

The letters at the edge of the picture are faded and hard to read

I assume there is similar text in Omega Ruby in Tabitha's room.(apparently there isn't)

"Arc--e" is obviously Archie, the black-haired girl is Shelley, and --rachi is Jirachi, the Pokemon with "three notes" on its head. "--002" is probably a reference to the year 2002, when RS first came out.

I'm not really sure what to make of any of this, after all, why mention Jirachi at all? They included Deoxys as an in-game capture, and people are speculating on DLC. What if the DLC packs for future Pokemon games come in the form of "episodes" you play through, much like the Delta Episode and unlocks features associated with the DLC (e.g., after the Jirachi episode, we unlock the Battle Frontier).

It seems like a really weird reference to be making either way, especially since there isn't a Magma equivalent, making this a very strange disparity between games.

Last edited:
They taunt us. At least they could have given us the dex entry, like with Manaphy in Platinum. ><

It could've been added in as an additional reason for Archie's goal. Maybe him, Shelly and Jirachi were close when they were younger and the former two felt that the world they were going to create would be one where Jirachi was happy. It's also possible that it was just an additional piece to add to the characters' past like that of Charon and Rotom in Platinum.

Either way though, I don't think anything will happen with it, especially if it does turn out to be like the latter case.

Yeah, this supports my ideas very well. I said it from the reveal, delta episode, much like Episode looker, is their way of introducing and allowing us to digest the idea of DLC after episodes. I think Jirachi on its own however would be weird, but I can see it being used as a subplot counrerpart to Hoopa. You have on one hand the traditional wish granting stereotype genie in Hoopa(which actually isn't such, but is am actual havoc wrecking Djinn) and then you have the wish granter of the franchise, Jirachi itself. I maintain the idea that hoopa is behind lookers memory loss, so perhap in the end the wish is to regain his memory.

Jirachi is only awake for seven days every 1000 years, so the fact that it was awake 12 years ago (or so) doesn't imply a future event. It doesn't help that Jirachi has already been distributed in Japan twice this year, or that this tidbit is exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.

It might just be a reference to Pokémon Adventures.

Ruby doesn't have any kind of equivalent at all, where Courtney's (Tabitha's?) room is?

My guess is that Archie and Shelly are childhood friends, and Jirachi chose Archie to be its friend when it woke up. Before Jirachi fell asleep, Archie wished that he'd be able to make a world where Pokemon would be happy. That happened... just not the way Archie thought it would. That's why Shelly betrayed him, she saw throughout the years as he grew farther and farther from that childhood wish.

My guess is that Archie and Shelly are childhood friends, and Jirachi chose Archie to be its friend when it woke up. Before Jirachi fell asleep, Archie wished that he'd be able to make a world where Pokemon would be happy. That happened... just not the way Archie thought it would. That's why Shelly betrayed him, she saw throughout the years as he grew farther and farther from that childhood wish.
If he did wish that, then his wishes were granted--just not how he thought it would be. The energy released from the Cave of Origins made Hoenn more hospitable to other Pokemon, resulting in an increase in wildlife diversity.

Incredibly convoluted, but perhaps unlike the anime where Jirachi grants wishes like magic, game!Jirachi's powers instead influence events to create the outcome the person wished for.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom