• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Arbok, the playable fighter Pokémon included with the DLC Battle Pack for Pokkén Tournament DX?

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Do you think that Arbok, a Poison-type Pokémon based on a cobra, will be included as a playable fighter Pokémon with the DLC Battle Pack for Pokkén Tournament DX? Why? This is because it is known for its Burst Attack used to Wrap around opponents to trap them, and then spit out a splash of acid over it to KO them. Do you think?

(you do manage to come up with the most oddly specific questions....)

The Pokken DX Battle Packs (1 and 2) are already confirmed to include only one playable Pokemon each -- Aegislash (by now available) and Blastoise. (Aside: with Blastoise and Decidueye, we now have two playable representatives of each starter element.) The Battle Packs also include one Support Set each - Mimikyu and Mega Rayquaza, Mew and Celebi.

Granted, we do not know if there will be even more new fighters added later. And let's face it, everybody wants their personal favorites in the game (give us Hawlucha!) .

Though, personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Arbok in a fighter. Not my favorite serpent in the Pokedex (snakes aren't really my thing) but we need more non-humanoid, non-bipedal body types just in general. We currently have Suicune, Chandelure, and ... aaaaaaand . . . welp, that's actually about it, really.

Last edited:
The chances of this happening are pretty much 0. They usually pick Pokemon that are popular, well known, or relevant to recent games. Arbok is none of those things. The only time it was remotely well known was in the OG anime when Jessie had one, other than that it's never really been prominent in the series.

I agree on having less humanoid and non-bipedal pokemon. I actually was hoping for a serpentine character being very interesting in a fighting game, and seeing that Suicune I thought it'd make sense to include not Arbok but yes something popular like Serperior or Dragonair.

Or even a playable Zygarde which would've been really cool if it changed forms during the match, but that would've been a bit too much.

I agree on having less humanoid and non-bipedal pokemon.
I hoped for all pokemon in some kind of stadium/coloseum style in this fighter game, maybe in future.
One good thing that they actually can move.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom