• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Arbok VS Seviper

Zwampert

Loch Ness Monster
Reaction score
arbok.png

VS
seviper.png

Who do you think is better in:

Looks

Battles

Moveset

And Usefullness?

Seviper for all 3 questions (it has a sword tail and has a good movepool and offensive stats; I don't care about his low Speed).

Seviper, only because Arbok evolves into it. Really because I just like it a little better. It also has a rival.

Justin beiber, poor guy got hit by a water bottle in his last concert Seviper!!! It iz kewl

Looks: Seviper
Battles: Arbok, I have a good strategy with it involving Intimidate and its decent speed. While Seviper's inferior Speed and Defenses make things quite difficult for it, and its typing and offensive stats are not enough as to compensate them.
Moveset: Seviper
Usefullness: They're both useful and not so useful in different situations.

So it's 2,5 for Seviper and 1,5 for Arbok.

Seems I am clueless when it comes to competitive battling, I will just say I like the design of Seviper better.

My gut tells me to choose Seviper. I also think that Seviper might hold a better chance as an attacker too.

@Seviper, both Pokemon have the same typing, you know.

Seviper is minutely better, due to it's design.

I've always liked Arbok more, but Seviper is cool too, especially when it's shiny! We need more snake pokémon!

as much as i love Arbok, i just got a Seviper egg in SS and am itching to hatch it. it beats Arbok in both Attack and Special attack, plus Shed Skin is an awesome ability.

Arbok... No, Seviper... No, Arbok... No, Seviper! I'll just choose one randomly! *chooses one randomly* Okay! Seviper!

Since Arbok evolves into Seviper, Seviper is far superior being the evolved form.

But in all seriousness, Seviper. I really like Arbok's design but Seviper takes the cake in everything.

Looks Seviper is just far cooler. Way better colours.

Battles Competitively I'll go with Arbok. They both suck but whilst Seviper has amazing mixed attacking stats with a great special move pool but completely lacks speed, Arbok can effectively abuse the incredible move Coil to greater effect because of its superior speed and bulk in the NU tier.

Moveset Seviper. No more needs to be said.

And Usefullness
In game definately Seviper because of that amazing movepool. It can hit a lot of common stuff for super effective damage.

Seviper will take this though I love them both.

Seviper looks fabulous and sick.

I am just waiting for the day it will become useful <3

Seviper has a pretty cool design, so it gets my vote. Arbok, however, has more potential with Coil, Shed Skin, and Gunk Shot, imo. Seviper can't use Gunk Shot, so it can't really take advantage of Coil.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom