• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Arbok vs. Weezing

Weezing, because of its Defense stat and overall being one of my personal favorite Poison-types.

Arbok. She's a cobra, so she's automatically cool. =) She's also not too shabby in battle.

Weezing... what is he supposed to be anyways? I'm not saying he isn't useful, because he is quite good in the right hands, but he's not the most appealing to the eyes. ^^;

I like Arbok a lot, but my vote goes to Weezing.

Levitate means it has one weakness (under normal circumstances). Its concept is of a virus or some other artificial airborne toxin. Koffing & Weezing both represent ill health and death (note the skull&crossbones pattern). Belongs to the amorphous egg group. Also fits nicely with the Gastly line as both represent poison gas. If all else fails, it can self-destruct.

Who could say 'no' to a face like this?
Spr_1y_110.png

Last edited:
Arbok for me. I generally prefer animal Pokemon to object 'mons.

Neither of these Pokemon are particularly appealing to me, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go with Arbok on the basis that it looks cooler.

Both are two of my favourite Pkmn, namely due to them being used by Team Rocket but if I had to choose, then it would be Weezing because it was James' Pkmn, it expels gases, it has a skull and bones which is cool and it's Koofing's evo, which despite being a Poison and sometimes toxic Pkmn can be cute just due to that careless expression on its face. :sneaky:

Weezing, by far. It's got better distributed stats, access to Levitate (thereby giving the Kantoian version only one weakness), a solid movepool that's designed to spread burns, poison and pain all over, is far more competitively viable (it was a household name in Gen 3 and the face of UU in Gen 4), and has a fun regional form with a cool (if oxymoronic) typing. Arbok is okay, as it does have access to Glare and the elemental fangs, but it's just a purple cobra, which isn't very creative, and its stat spread is rather lacking. In a 1-on-1 fight, Weezing's more diverse movepool and sturdy Defense could easily handle Arbok, crippling it with Will-o-Wisp or using Pain Split to keep it going. Plus, I like James better. So, my vote goes to Weezing.

Weezing has a look that is more interesting than Arbok's so I like Weezing more. It's a gross kind of Pokemon but that's the best part about it.

My first ever Pokemon plush was a Koffing, one of the little reversible ones that turns into a Poke Ball. I was very fond of both Koffing and Weezing as a child; I found them fascinating for some reason. I tended to be drawn towards the Pokemon with weird or quirky designs. I even pretended to be a Koffing in the school playground once, and when I "evolved", I remember holding up a clenched fist to represent Weezing's second head.

I started to overlook Koffing and Weezing as the years went by and more Pokemon were introduced. The introduction of Galarian Weezing revived my appreciation for the Pokemon, and I used one in-game for the first time in my initial Sword playthrough. I had a lot of fun with it; Strange Steam is a really cool move with a great animation. (What's more, I can now have a Weezing on my team guilt-free, knowing that I'm helping to purify the air rather than pollute it!)

I like Arbok too, but it's never really stood out to me enough for me to want to train one. I think Arbok and Weezing suited Team Rocket perfectly in the anime and I'm still sad to this day that they were released into the wild.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom