• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Arcanine vs Ninetales

Magnagarde

Certified Renard fanboy
Reaction score
059Arcanine.png
vs
038Ninetales.png

Arcanine, the more physical attacker of the two. Ironically has lower base speed than Ninetales, despite being known for its legendary speed.

Arcanines Bulbapedia page

Ninetales, unfortunately has a lower base stat total than its counterpart. This does not lower its usefulness on the battlefield, however.

Ninetales bulbapedia page

So which do you think would win? Personally my vote is with Arcanine. On design, and usefulness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcanine may have better stats, but Ninetales is more epic. That, and I don't like dogs. >.>

Ninetales FTW.

Yes, they both have a special place in my heart.

But Arcanine claimed a spot first. Ninetales is an awesome poke, and I like it a lot, I just like Arcanine more.

Arcanine for having Extemespeed, it is an awesome move. Its shiny form is sweet too.

See, I just know that everyone's gonna pck Arcanine here, but I just can't. As much as I like him (fourth favorite Fire type. Actually, after him, I don't really like any other Fire types this game has ever produced), I have to go with Ninetales here. Access to Energy Ball so that she can take out all of her weaknessess? Yes please. Nasty Plot that doubles her Sp. Atk stat (something Arcanine doesn't have access to)? Yes please. HP Rock to take out Fire types? Hell yes! Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp and a large array of support options? Hell to the Yeah!!!

Sure, Arcanine is technically the better Pokemon with his better Stats, better offensive movepool with his access to Thunder Fang, Extremespeed and Iron Head, but I just prefer Ninetales for the sheer utility she has over him. Also, I prefer Specail attacks over physical ones and Ninetales definitely has the better Sp. movepool.

I also like her Pokedex flavor text a lot more. It makes her interesting. Arcanine is just there to be "I look mighty! Worship me!" It's just so...underwhelming. Besides, who doesn't like nine tailed kitsunes? C'mon, you gotta know that's cool.

Only problem I have with Ninetales is that she clearly should have been Fire/Ghost.

Ninetales; because it has access to one of my favorite moves, Energy Ball, and it has a superior design.

Ninetales. I really love those myths about Ninetales, how it will curse the one who touchs its tails or mistreats them etc. And kitsunes are one of the most interesting creatures of Japanese mythology imo. Ninetales is really beautiful too and still can use some nasty tricks like Will-O-Wisp or Grudge. Some love for Ninetales! Plus I like it also, because it's usually overshadowed by Arcanine, which hasn't anything special in it like Ninetales :(.

Design-wise, Nintales blows Aranine out of the water. It's so elegant, and the color fits perfectly, not only is it the winner out of these two, but it's one of the best designed pokemon so far.
In Battle, they're both valuable team members, but I prefer Arcanine because of his great Attack/Speed combo. Flare Blitz says hi.
Overall I like Arcanine better. Growlithe is one of my favorite pokemon and Arcanine is a f****** giant dog. I <3 dogs, especially legendary fire dogs.

Arcanine. One of my favorite Pokemon.

It has better stats, a better design, and a better move pool.

That and I really love dogs! <3

Arcanine. Why? IT'S A DOGGIE. And it has a cool appearence.

Arcanine because its attacks pack a lot more punch than Ninetales' do. I also like its design.

I have always been in love with Growlithe and Arcanine, so it's a very easy choice. Got to love the original "Legendary" Pokemon.

Arcanine is quite fluffy and looks to be the more huggable one, and it even packs a punch, which is useful with the moves it could learn (Flare Blitz, Fangs and Extremespeed). For me, the only thing that Ninetails has over Arcanine is the fact that she had nine tails.

Arcanine is my favorite pokemon so yeah... but I really do like his 'Sister' to but Arcanine si awesome

Ninetales. It's more elegant. And one of my favourite fire types.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom