• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Arceus, the One Called God

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mega Evolution specials are required viewing though. They're actually plot-relevant.
Except even though they were dubbed they also weren't included in any dub season so they were sent to the shadow realm together with the Pikachu shorts, Chronicles and Mewtwo Returns. But hopefully this special will get the Lights! Camera! Pika! and The Legend of X, Y, and Z! treatment insetad.

At 4 episodes they obviously won't be able to cover all the game content or new characters so they'll probably do a self contained story. I imagine most of those new game characters revealed today and in the last few months probably won't appear but a few of them.

So we're going to see an entire game squeezed into 4 episodes. We might not even see all the new Hisui pokemon either.

1215_09_p04.jpg

I mean....

Attachments

• download (3).jpeg
    download (3).jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 64
https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?ie=UTF8&node=10349762051

So the episode synopsis mentions "Dawn and other nostalgic friends", so we should be getting more than just one other returning character if that is to be accurate. (Unless, of course, those nostalgic friends turn out to be just the lake guardians...)

Anyways, so we're getting 4 extra episodes! I guess all those frequent breaks over the last year isn't for nothing after all. Just don't give us 1.2.3. again as the opening for these special episodes...
BARRY PLEASE

Irida and Serena (and also May) share similar artstyles. I wonder if they were all designed by the same person.

By the way, these special episodes look interesting. I kinda hope they were separate from the main anime, though. Like Chronicles? Like how the Mega Evolution specials featured other protagonists? It would have been neat if this could have not included Ash for a change.

I'm curious if this is a time travel story. Dawn meeting her ancestor right after AU Dawn might be too repetitive.

I'm curious if this is a time travel story. Dawn meeting her ancestor right after AU Dawn might be too repetitive.
Even if is a time travel story, Dawn probably won't meet Akari.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get other time travel gags like Ash and Dawn mistaking Arezu for Mars though

This is pretty cool, and a nice way to incorporate Legends into the anime. I'm really hoping they'll get dubbed, though I'm not holding my breath. I know Netflix has nothing to do with the dubbing itself, but the fact that we're still waiting for episodes that have already aired in other parts of the world have me very down/pessimistic on the dub as a whole at the moment.

Also, as nice as its been to see Dawn, I'm actually starting to get a little tired of her. I understand why she's been appearing so much thanks to BDSP and now Legends, but I'd really like to start seeing some other former companions as well in the new year.

This is pretty cool, and a nice way to incorporate Legends into the anime. I'm really hoping they'll get dubbed, though I'm not holding my breath. I know Netflix has nothing to do with the dubbing itself, but the fact that we're still waiting for episodes that have already aired in other parts of the world have me very down/pessimistic on the dub as a whole at the moment.

Also, as nice as its been to see Dawn, I'm actually starting to get a little tired of her. I understand why she's been appearing so much thanks to BDSP and now Legends, but I'd really like to start seeing some other former companions as well in the new year.
Yeah, but this will probably be Dawn's final appearance this series. After the DP marketing dies down they won't have a reason to use her again so this is probably it. Her first two returns reintroduced her to new kids and advertised the first DP remakes and this for the Arceus game.

I think we'll see more old characters returns soon and the interview basically confirmed it anyway. Iris might come back again, Lillie will probably get an arc when they want to cover Ultra beasts this series, and Misty/Brock might show up for the 25th anniversary. I can also see Bonnie/Clemont being visited at Lumiose city at some point.

Other than May/Max and probably Tracey, we might see everyone come back at least once.

I'm both happy and relieved that this special exists, after the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra received the middle finger. Four episodes seem like enough time to showcase a few Hisuian forms and have some sort of story, even if there's a chance of them screwing Dawn again. Worst case scenario is that they are just 5-minute joke shorts with Amaze All Amazon subliminal messages lol.

I think the old characters could be Paul and Barry since both are liked by the fandom, but Looker, Rowan and Cynthia are options too.

I did not expected the Japanese version of the series having some streaming exclusivity in 2022 (maybe in 2020...), I hope it airs on Netflix or Pokemon TV in the rest of the world.

I'm both happy and relieved that this special exists, after the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra received the middle finger. Four episodes seem like enough time to showcase a few Hisuian forms and have some sort of story, even if there's a chance of them screwing Dawn again. Worst case scenario is that they are just 5-minute joke shorts with Amaze All Amazon subliminal messages lol.

I think the old characters could be Paul and Barry since both are liked by the fandom, but Looker, Rowan and Cynthia are options too.

I did not expected the Japanese version of the series having some streaming exclusivity in 2022 (maybe in 2020...), I hope it airs on Netflix or Pokemon TV in the rest of the world.
Barry makes the most sense.

Now, after the firsr appearance of arcues then i think that only pokemons that didn't appear at all are victini kyurem, the four family kleodeo and it family.

Genesect appeared as face only and had movie but didn't appear in anime episodes. Porigon 2 and z also and a lot of galar season pokemons also didn't appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom