• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Arceus, the One Called God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynthia's back, too.

Saw someone say that on twitter, but I doubt it's him.
Cynthia's (alongside Dawn) getting a lot of appearances this series, damn. I mean, it's to be expected because of BDSP but wow. Her inevitable battle with Ash is gonna be amazing. Been waiting 10+ years for their clash.

YES CROAGUNK!!!!!!!
What time does this special air?
He's back boys and girls, cue the poison jabs! I just want to know how us american fans can watch it.
Cynthia's back, too.

Saw someone say that on twitter, but I doubt it's him.
I guess it's also a good thing Cynthia's getting all these appearances (and it's not like I mind seeing her, she's the best Champion after all, a true queen) because it'll make her battle more meaningful.

Huh. So much for Hisui elements.

Granted, we only got 45 seconds out of close to 100 minutes, but thus far it looks more like it's more about DP remakes than Legends. Shoot, they're even using the Heatran plot from Platinum.

Still, seeing old villains come back is a treat I never thought I'd get to see, so I'm content. :)
(the only thing that would make it perfect was if Hunter J was here. Though I KNOW that ain't happening, so I'll take what I can get)

And it looks like Arceus is gonna smite some bitches!

So far this seems just like a Heatran arc, other than the scenes of thw Hisui outfits it doesn't seem like any aspect of the actual game is being covered.

Not a fan of the Heatran plot, I'd prefer the Hisui stuff instead, but at least it seems it will have great animation.

Good to see Brock here, with the villain being a lava monster he could use Marshtomp but I'm not getting my hopes up...

This special looks uninteresting and a copy and paste of the Arceus movie and Galactic Arc. Only watching for Brock and Croagunk.
That seems like a bit of a harsh assumption from just a trailer, especially when we still don't know much of the context behind the special.

From the trailer then i don't think that chole will appear in this episode. Even if she had a great bond with dawn

Okay, so this is speculation, but... hear me out y'all:

Looking at this trailer, legit every single shot, as far as I can tell, appears to be animated by Iwane and Good Lord I think he actually might have animated all four.

My reasoning:
1) He's 100% capable of doing it (check: end of DP streak, other similar close episode batches)
2) This would also explain the increased gap between his recent JN episodes, with the last batch in particular being 9 episodes apart compared to his usual 5 or 6... if he's been working on this entire special, then uhhhhmm yeah that makes total sense

Now, assuming each part is standard episode length, and he is indeed animating all of it... this would literally rival his output from the aformentioned end of DP streak where he animated half of DP184, solo'd DP187+DP188, half of DP189, and then solo'd DP191 on top of that... what an absolute legend (pun completely intended)

of course, I could be wrong (especially if they just didn't show clips from parts he didn't touch) but I'm just throwing this out here because I nerd out about this stuff. Shoot, even if the parts are 15 min each, then that's almost like an homage to DP187 and 188 alone ¯\(ツ)

Okay, so this is speculation, but... hear me out y'all:

Looking at this trailer, legit every single shot, as far as I can tell, appears to be animated by Iwane and Good Lord I think he actually might have animated all four.

My reasoning:
1) He's 100% capable of doing it (check: end of DP streak, other similar close episode batches)
2) This would also explain the increased gap between his recent JN episodes, with the last batch in particular being 9 episodes apart compared to his usual 5 or 6... if he's been working on this entire special, then uhhhhmm yeah that makes total sense

Now, assuming each part is standard episode length, and he is indeed animating all of it... this would literally rival his output from the aformentioned end of DP streak where he animated half of DP184, solo'd DP187+DP188, half of DP189, and then solo'd DP191 on top of that... what an absolute legend (pun completely intended)

of course, I could be wrong (especially if they just didn't show clips from parts he didn't touch) but I'm just throwing this out here because I nerd out about this stuff. Shoot, even if the parts are 15 min each, then that's almost like an homage to DP187 and 188 alone ¯\(ツ)
This is bugging me
What time does this air

Apparently the first two eps are coming out today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom