• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Arceus, the One Called God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A special episode of the anime will exclusively air on Amazon Prime in Japan on January 21 and 28, with Parts 1 & 2 airing on the 21st and Parts 3 & 4 airing on the 28th. This episode features Ash, Goh, and Dawn, as well as Arceus, and coincides with the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?ie=UTF8&node=10349762051

So the episode synopsis mentions "Dawn and other nostalgic friends", so we should be getting more than just one other returning character if that is to be accurate. (Unless, of course, those nostalgic friends turn out to be just the lake guardians...)

Anyways, so we're getting 4 extra episodes! I guess all those frequent breaks over the last year isn't for nothing after all. Just don't give us 1.2.3. again as the opening for these special episodes...

With it being exclusive to Amazon Prime and unless it becomes part of the episode count which these don't seem to have been yet, my guess is the Arceus special will be a one off that won't have any effect on the series itself.

I wonder if we'll see it get dubbed too. Then again if it has Ash in it, it's guaranteed to (well unless it's one of those planetarium features anyway).

An Amazon Prime exclusive? That doesn’t even seem to be part of the normal episode count? This is what I was worried would be the case for the “Winter Special”

Hooray, another Sinnoh 2-parter! You know what that means, right? Don't get your hopes u- No, wait, a 4-parter? Hopefully that means it won't be as rushed as the previous Sinnoh 2-parters. Still not getting my hopes up, though.

Honestly, I dont see much happening here that effects the main Anime . Maybe they wont keep their captures?

Honestly, I dont see much happening here that effects the main Anime . Maybe they wont keep their captures?

I mean, the only one who catches Pokemon regularly is Goh and we hardly get to see Goh's new captures anyways, so what difference does it make amirite?

/s

Back to the episode at hand, I hope we get to see some new Pokemon or new Hisuian Forms make their first official appearance here, kind of like the way Dusk Form Lycanroc made an appearance on the anime literally the same day it was officially revealed.

Do we know if this is full length 22 minute episodes? From the sounds of things this might be short 10 minute length segments split up among multiple days. Considering it's Amazon exclusive and won't even air on TV it'd probably not going to be like a normal episode.

Also get the feeling dub fans will never get this since it's an amazon.jp exclusive. They never dubbed the Bonnie/Clemont special or the Dawn and Brock ones from the end of Dp or the Iris and Cilan ones.

Also get the feeling dub fans will never get this since it's an amazon.jp exclusive. They never dubbed the Bonnie/Clemont special or the Dawn and Brock ones from the end of Dp or the Iris and Cilan ones.
But they did dub the mega evolution specials, which promoted the games like this one will promote Legends Arceus. Meanwhile, the companions return episodes didn't promote anything.

Peronally, I wish they'd made it an Ash-free AU to give them more story freedom and make things interesting. I'm especially not happy at seeing Goh here, who I just KNOW will catch some Hisua Pokemon...

But they did dub the mega evolution specials, which promoted the games like this one will promote Legends Arceus. Meanwhile, the companions return episodes didn't promote anything.
Yeah. They mainly dub specials with promotional value.

Heck, I think TPCI once said they thought about dubbing the Iris and Clemont Meets Cilan specials, but didn't because they didn't promote Gen 7.
So these episodes have a chance of being dubbed. The real question is if TPCI will count them as part of the regular series, like they did with the Cosplay Pikachu special :unsure:

Last edited:
The Mega Evolution specials are required viewing though. They're actually plot-relevant.

I find it funny Brock hasn't been included in any of the DP promotion episodes. Especially here since the lake trio are involved like Uxie. I guess Brock is doomed to Kanto nostalgia with Misty forever as if his role in the DP saga was non-existent.

I find it funny Brock hasn't been included in any of the DP promotion episodes. Especially here since the lake trio are involved like Uxie. I guess Brock is doomed to Kanto nostalgia with Misty forever as if his role in the DP saga was non-existent.
SADLY YES.

I wouldn't say his role in DP was non-existent. He played a key role with Dawn gaining Mamoswine's trust and he was chosen among the Lake Trio, so it isn't like he could have been easily removed in DP. Plus, they did reference Brock during Dawn's first two parter, so they haven't forgotten that he was in DP. They would just be much more interested in tying Dawn with fourth generation promotion given that she and Piplup are quite marketable fourth generation characters.

Anyway, a Legends Arceus special is pretty cool and I wasn't expecting it. I don't know why people keep assuming that it will be non-canon. It's possible, but we don't really know anything about it yet and nearly all of the specials have been canon to the anime in the past too. I'm still hoping that the dub will get this eventually and not make it difficult to find like they did for the Mega Evolution specials. I actually like the idea of Goh catching some Hisuian forms and I definitely want Dawn to get to do something too. I like the idea of characters catching ancient Pokemon forms and bringing them back to the present. I'd be pretty happy if her Quilava finally got to evolve into Typhlosion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom