• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Arceus vs Silvally

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Two Pokémon with the ability to change their Type based on their held item. One is the very God of the Pokémon world, the other is a manmade chimera with features of different animals, that evolves via friendship by breaking its restraints.

So, which do you guys like more? Arceus or Silvally?

Silvally. I'm not quite as hostile toward Arceus as I used to be, but Silvally has a much more developed story to it. All that we really know about Arceus from the games is that ancient Sinnohan people believe that it created the universe and maybe that's true, that there's a hiking philosopher who further theorizes that it could be the "physical form of the original spirit within people," and that it enjoys the occasional orgy with the Unown. Although I don't exactly want Diamond and Pearl remakes, I hope that if they do happen, they delve a bit more into the details about Arceus and its ilk. Silvally, on the other hand, has a good narrative reason to exist in-universe (as it was designed to combat the UBs, for a reason that makes a fair amount of sense - a Pokémon that can change to any type would be a nice all-purpose tool to have against extradimensional creatures with unknown capabilities), serves to underscore the darker side of Aether Paradise, and is the centerpiece for Gladion's character arc, and it reflects that through its actual evolution mechanic.

In general, I also tend to prefer regular Pokémon over Legendary/Mythical Pokémon, because the former are more fun for me to use. That being said, I like Arceus's design more than Silvally's. I think Arceus's design certainly does manage to capture a certain striking, ineffable feeling, and without being unsubtle about it. Whereas Silvally is cool, but I actually think Type: Null looks cooler with the helmet.

In general, I also tend to prefer regular Pokémon over Legendary/Mythical Pokémon, because the former are more fun for me to use. That being said, I like Arceus's design more than Silvally's. I think Arceus's design certainly does manage to capture a certain striking, ineffable feeling, and without being unsubtle about it. Whereas Silvally is cool, but I actually think Type: Null looks cooler with the helmet.
Ooh, I love Type: Null’s look, too. In fact, I’ve obtained two through the GTS in Ultra Sun to keep unevolved because I like it so much; I ensured one of them is Italian because I like its Italian name, Tipo Zero.

Oh yeah, also, didja know that Type: Null and Silvally are confirmed to be officially classified as Legendary Pokémon, now?

Ooh, I love Type: Null’s look, too. In fact, I’ve obtained two through the GTS in Ultra Sun to keep unevolved because I like it so much; I ensured one of them is Italian because I like its Italian name, Tipo Zero.

Ah, that is a cool name. Might have to look for that myself sometime.

Oh yeah, also, didja know that Type: Null and Silvally are confirmed to be officially classified as Legendary Pokémon, now?

True, that did slip my mind. Although exactly what makes a Legendary Pokémon "legendary" other than Game Freak and TPC's say-so is very unclear, and I think what I'm really meaning to get at is simply that I don't like using brutally overpowered Pokémon. Type: Null and Silvally are not anywhere near as powerful as Arceus in practical terms, so I'm a lot more open to trying them out.

Guess I'm on the minority here, but it doesn't bother me. I picked Arceus because I think it was depicted well in the movies, as well as the whole competitive scene as well. Personally am a huge fan of it since I am biased towards Gen 4, but how can I not love the trio master too?

I just wished it had a role to play in the games doe. Geez, even with the whole Hall of Origin thing, it would be great if it played a role in DPP Remakes.

Arceus is much more impressive overall. The fact that it can be a llama god and not look absolutely ridiculous is a testiment to it. Silvally-Steel may have a niche in certain lower tiers, but Arceus, which competes with P-don himself for being on the most teams, is on a whole nother level.

Silvally, it looks cooler and I like that it only evolves from Type: Null at max friendship, since it makes sense considering its backstory. I wish the Memories boosted the attacks of corresponding types, similiarly to Plates, though.

I used Silvally quite a bit and I gotta say that I'm a fan of just how flexible you can make its moveset! Because of this, I've been having a lot of fun with it in USUM. So, Silvally gets my vote. n.n

Arceus I feel too indifferent about, although its movie is certainly cool!

Silvally easily wins it for me
so much better in every way
Silvally cuter and much better looking too

as I prefer Giratina too, so won't support the rival Arceus in any way
Arceus Bad - Giratina Good

Sivally 100%. I mean, it’s a cyborg chimera inspired by a godlike being designed to fight aliens from other dimensions. What’s not to love besides the fact that memories don’t provide a type boost? I prefer Silvally’s somewhat cybernetic and chimeric appearance to Arceus’s more mythical design. Silvally also has a better backstory too, in my opinion.

Got to be arceus from me. Partly its simple nostalgia for gen 4, but I also prefer its design honestly. Looks like a cool, elegant elk to me, where silvally looks a bit too much like a mishmash. I know it's meant to be a mishmash (chimera) but personally I don't think it was all too well executed - each part looks too disjointed from the rest for my liking.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom