• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archaic, Kasumi to wed: Bulbagarden admins planning for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! I'm so happy that things are working out for you two!

Woo! Congratulations, you two. Where's the honeymoon gonna be? Kanto?

Wow, this is rather surprising! Congratulations you guys!

Are you going to tell your children you met on a Pokemon forum? :D LOL.

:) Congrats.

Congratulations!! and I agree, wedding cake shaped as a Bulbasaur!

But that would be like eating a Bulbasaur, and in turn eating the site. Better option: Have the cake come out of a Bulbasaur's plant.

Congrats to both of you. So, when will the invitations be given out?

Am I the only pessimist in the crowd? I don't mean to sound like a douchebag or anything, but come on! For whatever reason, I just don't see this working out. A husband and wife who both control of a website...it just doesn't seem like a very stable situation to me. I don't know what the relationship is based on or how two you came together, but if it's what I think it is (basically, love for Pokemon), it might not last. Put that between other potential sources of drama and it just seems like the kind of marriage that could explode at one point.

But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe it is just sheer pessimism. Maybe everything will work out and the previous paragraph will turn out to be untrue. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation or the history behind this relationship. Maybe I just felt like it was my duty to be a voice of reason. Maybe no one will hear me. Maybe they will hear me and tell me that I'm being crazy. Maybe I'm just rambling on for the sake of rambling on. Who really knows at this point?

Know this much, though: in the case that I did mean it, anything I said is not what I want to happen. I'm just calling it as I see it. :p

Regardless, though, I wish you the best in your marriage, and hope that it works out for the better, rather than the worse. Hopefully, you won't have to go through divorce or anything. Seriously, things like that can ruin lives, and they're not fun to go through (although I am just basing it on what others have said). Congratulations, and have a good one. :)

EDIT: Oh yes, and I agree with the Bulbasaur-shape wedding cake. Put those little figurine-things that always seem to be at weddings in the bulb. Just cause.

Congratulations!! This news deeply touched me. I mean, that Pokemon can really really bring two people together.

Wish this could happen to me (and the girl I secretly love, who also deeply loves Pokemon) one day.

I'm glad to say that love for Pokemon is simply how we met, not the basis for our relationship. You've got nothing to worry about there.

Ah, cool. That's good to know, and makes things better, I guess. And I have seen couples who have had long-lasting relationships who met through one point. Any of my worries now are truly just sheer pessimism.

The worst-case scenario is still not a pretty thought, though. That is, the board becoming divided over the marital troubles and ultimately being broken up. I've seen it happen a couple times before (okay, they were with an admin dispute, but it could still happen here, since you're both admins and all). I've even seen a longtime community that thriving completely broken up (twice, first into two communities, and one of those broke into two itself, leaving three relatively inactive communities) because of an administrative dispute. I guess that's why I'm kind of pessimistic about this. With the divorce rate going up every day, the last thing I want to see is another good community all but die because of administrative drama. :(

Congratulations! =D I was really surprised when I read this on the Wiki-News! I wish you two best of luck in the future and a forever lasting happiness! So, what Pokemon is decided to be placed on top of the wedding cake? x)

Way to jump the gun, System Error. Don't ruin everyone's fun.

Ah, cool. That's good to know, and makes things better, I guess. And I have seen couples who have had long-lasting relationships who met through one point. Any of my worries now are truly just sheer pessimism.

The worst-case scenario is still not a pretty thought, though. That is, the board becoming divided over the marital troubles and ultimately being broken up. I've seen it happen a couple times before (okay, they were with an admin dispute, but it could still happen here, since you're both admins and all). I've even seen a longtime community that thriving completely broken up (twice, first into two communities, and one of those broke into two itself, leaving three relatively inactive communities) because of an administrative dispute. I guess that's why I'm kind of pessimistic about this. With the divorce rate going up every day, the last thing I want to see is another good community all but die because of administrative drama. :(

You know, I can speak for the admins when I say that we're responsible enough--or at least, not crazy enough--to get in the middle of relationship fights, no matter who it involves. There's work, and there's play. Liam and Alex have kept them apart for this long--I see no reason why they can't continue that trend.

The community and the site will be fine in any event--trust me, our big disputes aren't popularity contests, they're wholly philosophical. There aren't "camps" of people who clump together based on popularity or personality.

That said, I expect nothing less than lifelong happiness for both of them.

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your life after the marriage! You two must be a very sweet couple since you both have the same interest! I can imagine your enjoyable life!

-does a spit-take-

K-KASUMI'S GETTING MARRIED?!

Eeeee! <33333

This is wonderful! I'm so happy for you both!

Way to jump the gun, System Error. Don't ruin everyone's fun.

but I liek to jumpy teh gun. :(

Really though, relax. It's no big deal. I voiced my concerns, voiced why I have them, that's it. Better to voice my worrywart concerns before the marriage than after, at the very least, even if I have no pull in the decision. *shrug*

You know, I can speak for the admins when I say that we're responsible enough--or at least, not crazy enough--to get in the middle of relationship fights, no matter who it involves. There's work, and there's play. Liam and Alex have kept them apart for this long--I see no reason why they can't continue that trend.

I'd mention here that you'd actually be quite surprised at how commitment can change a relationship that was fine before, but eh, I just don't feel like it. :p Let's just forget I said anything, okay? That "worst case" thing was more of an exaggeration, as I do know this site handles things a lot better than certain other ones that need not be mentioned :) (although the story about the one site WAS true).

But really though, to anyone reading, don't let my playing Devil's Advocate bother you. I'm not meaning to ruin anyone's fun or anything. I'll stop now, because I've said what I wanted to say, even if it isn't what I'm hoping for. I do want to see them be happy together, and I do want them to be together, 'til death to them part (I don't want that to happen prematurely either, in case anyone got the wrong idea >_>). And really, how can I stay this way at a time like a wedding announcement at Christmas? This is a time for celebration! So let's celebrate with...more congratulatory messages and scolding me for being a pessimist I guess!

Yeah, fuck you System Error; they're a great couple, and I hope they share much more love together than you'll ever have in your lifetime you insensitive asshole. :mad:

<_<

Repeating myself from earlier private congrats, but congrats again both of you.

I still like to think that I helped make this possible, for the record :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom