• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

since we're at it did the fact Caps was voting Zorchic before FA even said anything change anything about how you were reading him?
Not especially, since I didn't even know who the other person voting Zorchic was before FA's vote.
Midorikawa said:
On BmG? What are your old usernames?
(pulls out a scroll listing all my previous usernames bc I'm a fool who cannot stick to one) NFiNity, Haruto Tenjou, I might've gone by Rio Kamishiro once, Momoka, and Feenie. :bulbaLove:

Not especially, since I didn't even know who the other person voting Zorchic was before FA's vote.
hmmm
you did say you didn't even know how many votes were on them

Unvote

I'll prolly still come back after you if I think this is a lie or if I don't have a better case on anyone by EoD

(pulls out a scroll listing all my previous usernames bc I'm a fool who cannot stick to one) NFiNity, Haruto Tenjou, I might've gone by Rio Kamishiro once, Momoka, and Feenie. :bulbaLove:
I thought Feenie sounded like Nfinity but I thought it was coincidence :bulbaFacepalm:

I miss the username history on here ;_;

Also you been playing since2012 then.

Out of the group that I've seen mentioned a few times of I think Pikochu, Pika_pika, Tood and RC, Tood looks fine to me, I don't really see anything wrong with their posts at all so far? Pikochu has as of now provided only very surface level comments. Like, most of this post (#210 in case I mess up the link) doesn't really say much until the very end, and I don't agree with his thoughts on Fatima and Caps there either. He said he'll be back tomorrow with more analysis which I look forward to seeing, though I don't know his time zone and if "tomorrow" is going to be too late for this day phase. Pika_pika looks bad with the ExLight vote and would be the player I'd likely hop over to voting depending on how things go the rest of the phase. Rainbow Cloud some reason I always default to scumreading early on, but even with disagreeing on some of RC's opinions so far, I at least see the thought process clearly for them.

Also, not really a fan of Snowy coming in to make a post about not getting notifications but then also not really doing much game relevant after that, here and then later here where all he does is say it felt like he was being called out (despite other inactive players getting called out before already) and asking if Luminary had played with him before. He's only popped up when the topic involves him, like when he had three votes earlier, and here with Luminary saying he hadn't done much. If I wanted to get a little conspiracy theorist, if Zorchic turned scum, I'd next look to Snowy, since what if Zorchic put a 2nd vote on someone to try to keep Snowy safe when he had 2 votes very early? Too early to say, but not out of the realm of possibility for something a player new to being mafia might do.

I agree that this is weird @Pika_pika42 , there are plenty of interactions between players that can be analyzed and I don't know how you can't have any scumreads right now, especially as the thread in general seems to be leaning towards Zorchic, Fatima, or myself as scum.
I wanted to form my own reads rather than blindly following the thread.
Out of the three mentioned, you looked most suspicious to me but your posts now are much better. Zorchic is a bit suspicious but I don't find them scummy tbh. Fatima is a null read for me.

I've posted more, are you going to vote me?

This is another under-the-radar groupthink post.
No. Your posts now feel much better.

You said in a post before this that you'd vote someone else once they were more suspicious, but I don't understand how ExLight is still worth your vote over Caps when you say yourself here that ExLight hasn't even been suspicious in this game. You want to see more from Caps, but at the same time don't vote him as any kind of pressure to incentivize him to do so and instead keep a vote on someone you don't find suspicious and aren't even questioning or anything? At that point, you could just vote ExLight the entire game out of paranoia.
“I find Zorchic and Caps suspicious but I’m not going to vote them and instead am going to vote light based on paranoia”

vote: pika pika
I agree. I should not let my paranoia get the best of me.

Unvote: ExLight

Unvoting for now, but I'll keep my eyes on you.

I see that some of the players have been talking about meta. Don't expect everyone to play the same like they do in their town or scum games since players wil always approach games differently. I have seen some players get scum read for meta for playing differently and they end up flipping town. I have been a victim for being scum read on meta for playing differently where I was town. I hated it so badly to the point when I immediately subbed out. I will not be focusing on meta reads and if I was to scum read someone in this game for meta it would be HD because he made a post that reminded me on what he did from Hollywood Mafia.

they were scum in the last game I played and were standing out quite a bit

well as mentioned before, mentioning his role was unnecessarily standing out

Going to stick with my vote on Ex till I don't find anyone to be more suspicious.

I don't think he's been suspicious in this game yet but that's the thing with him; he blends in so well as scum that he won't even look suspicious. I'm not sure of his alignment either way, just that I feel paranoid about him.

I don't really like your insistence on staying on Exlight until you were questioned on it more than once. Even when unvoting you said 'for now', which strikes me as just trying to get a lynch out of Exlight potentially later.

Unvote: DawningWinds

Vote: Pika_pika42

I also don't like how @DawningWinds came in thread once then left though, could be a sign of lurking?

I also don't like how @DawningWinds came in thread once then left though, could be a sign of lurking?
The difference I see between DawningWings inactivity and Zorchic's is that DawningWings came in like, once, to say that he didn't know if he were subbed out meanwhile Zorchic actually said a few things that weren't particularly fluff and then he disappeared. And he apparently has been looking elsewhere in the Mentor game which is kind of interesting. Basically, I feel like DawningWings is just. Inactive.

Also, not really a fan of Snowy coming in to make a post about not getting notifications but then also not really doing much game relevant after that, here and then later here where all he does is say it felt like he was being called out (despite other inactive players getting called out before already) and asking if Luminary had played with him before. He's only popped up when the topic involves him, like when he had three votes earlier, and here with Luminary saying he hadn't done much. If I wanted to get a little conspiracy theorist, if Zorchic turned scum, I'd next look to Snowy, since what if Zorchic put a 2nd vote on someone to try to keep Snowy safe when he had 2 votes very early? Too early to say, but not out of the realm of possibility for something a player new to being mafia might do.
Considering my last post in this thread was Yesterday at 11:12 PM and it is now 11:34AM... Are you really going to claim that I haven't done anything in the hours I was asleep or busy with other things?

I'm having lunch right now, then I'm going to run a dungeon in FFXIV then I'll go back to page 12 and formulate my responses.

But as for me only popping up when the topic concerns me... well, nothing has concerned me yet other than Luminary's posts, but ask Mido and HD. When I get busy, thats a bad habit of mine. I acknowledge it as a bad habit, and I apologise. I'll post more after lunch and that dungeon run.

So I went back to page 4 to start my quotes from there. Don't expect all of these to be very detailed, but I'll try.

Also, I think I ate too fast... I feel sick now :(

Fuck, I am so incredibly sorry. I could've sworn I mentioned this in the OP but I can't fine it anywhere. I'm sorry we moved into role PMs before everyone knew this but it's very important that you all know this game has bastard elements.
Again I'm super sorry it wasn't mentioned earlier.
Forgetting to mention the bastard elements in the OP... This host might be one of the mafia!

I can get behind this wagon
Vote: Snowy
Second vote on me, admits it's a wagon.

Just wanting to know if this is a pressure vote or a joke vote?
At this point in D1, I'd assume joke vote.

:bulbaWave:

Late but confirming because gosh forbid I don’t go on bmg for a day or two -_-
I know that feeling. I was gone for like... an hour, after promising to contribute later... and got grilled for it.

It's kind of a game history/internal joke I share with Ex, wherein he despite being mafia blends so well with town, I feel paranoid about him.
I can vouch for this. Exlight is extremely good as scum. I've been scum with him three times now, and each time, he's been the VIP for that team. He blends in so well. I'm impressed and very scared of him.

VOTE: Snowy

Unless we're talking about Paper Mario all of them except Sticker Star, yeah, I can't trust anyone who prefers Mario to Sonic as a whole.
Third vote on me. Not sure if following platformer joke vote train, or if finding an easy bandwagon to join.

You don't really want to be voting for me just yet cause I'm too important to lose so early on in the game
This is weird. I mean, at this point I think you only had a single joke vote on you, so why point out you're important so early on?

I'm back to being my usual self now so you don't have to worry about that
.... Huh?

I'm tempted to change my vote, but Crash is certainly better than Mario so I'll give you a pass.
If were gonna have this war, the correct answer is Spyro.
Wrong on both counts!!!

Fatima looks good so far to me, also Snowy and FA look pretty good, just gut reads off of these few opening pages.
Until this post, I've done nothing but CWAC... or fluff post. Nothing but jokes. There is no reason to have a "look pretty good" read on me, gut or not.

Can you elaborate on why FA looks good? I was actually thinking the opposite.
Why?

i'm going to pocket this

UNVOTE: Tood
VOTE: Jinjo
You're going to... pocket... this? You later clarified that pocket is similar to sheeping, so you admit to sheeping?

I'm doing both pocketing and sheeping!

Lets get more sheep on Jinjo.

May I ask why you unvoted Pika_Pika42?

I didn't ask Rainbow Cloud because he gave a reason.
Called me out for removing a joke vote. Did not follow up on my reply.

... On day 1?

I love how I post my reads, go to bed, and wake up, and suddenly because I've been sleeping, I'm "a little reluctant to elaborate on my reads."
This seems to happen a lot around here.,,

I don't either but actually the thing that I don't understand about Zorchic's actions more is why they feel the need to pressure vote you on the first page of the game. It feels so premature and unnecessary.

Actually I think I'll throw my vote that way. Zorchic has been pretty jumpy with their accusations so far this game between me and you to the point where their arguments lack any foundation.

[UNVOTE]: HumanDawn
[VOTE]: Zorchic
Zorchic has made 4 posts since the game started. How does that equate to being jumpy with their accusations?

In the past, I remember Snowy getting panicked and kinda shutting down under pressure as scum, which is why I felt like his very casual response to the votes was fine for now. It's been a while since I've actually played in a game with him with Snowy as a player, but his response was decent enough in tone that I don't feel like a vote on him is the most useful place at the moment.
If you want to go meta on me, it's more that I tend to get panicy or overly defensive on votes that feel unwarranted, or that I can't defend against (because they make no sense to me)

... This post... is pure fluff, long after the fluff phase has ended...

It is currently Day 1. Day 1 will end in 23 hours and 9 minutes.
Countdown timer
WHY IS IT STILL DAY 1?!

@Snowy is someone I'd like to see give some opinions on recent happenings in the thread, whether it be about Zorchic or Caps or whomever else that's been in the spotlight. Looking back at their posts (which isn't much) they haven't had anything to say regarding anything that's happened. Rainbow Cloud hasn't posted much, but at least what they've said is something substantial rather than Snowy whose barely opinionated anything.
Hi! Doing that now.

is Zorchic voting himself? Is this correct? @Lone_Garurumon
LG never clarified this but I don't see any self votes. He voted for Mido, and that's it.

HOWEVER, Lg did say that the game is bastard, so maybe that's it?

Zorchic (3): TheCapsFan, Zorchic, Luminary
Midorikawa (1): Zorchic
Zorchic is self-voting and voting on Mido? Strange. Either host error, or the bastard element.

Snowy has been playing games since before me, my dude. He is experienced.
Only just, AFAIK.

Genuinely did not know that was Aussie. themoreyouknow
I feel like we need some kind of "Also known as" thing for this reason.

I meant not inexperienced lol. Even if I didn't know that Snowy and AE were the aame person, the fact that he's an MoD would still say a lot. Anyways, ghe point of that was I expected hombv to not fall for obvious pitfalls this early in the game.
You don't need to be a good player to be a moderator :p

Nope, my first game was Random Messages Mafia which ran in the Spring of 2015 I think.
Mine was just before that, I think. I remember RM mafia. I remember getting frustrated and flustered and having to sub out.

The Zorchic bandwagon feels a little strange to me. He hasn't posted since tuesday, and has only 4 posts in the thread. Some of the above posts have labelled him as jumpy, but I don't see it and he doesn't have many posts to back that up with.

TheCapsFan looks suspicious to me, because he tried saying he had a good read on me after I had done nothing to earn it.

However, there is one that stands out to me.

Vote: Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
She made the claim that she's too important to lose this early. Feels like she's trying to look good for town. If genuine, she's just given mafia important information, which is why I find it hard to buy.

... and now I'm going to go run that dungeon and then pass out.

is Zorchic voting himself? Is this correct? @Lone_Garurumon
This was a mistake, the players voting were incorrect, but the numbers were correct, corrected current votals are as follows:
Zorchic (3): TheCapsFan, FinalArcadia, Luminary
Pika_pik42 (2): Midorikawa, Space
Fatima Shadow Frost Witch (2): Tood, Snowy
Midorikawa (1): Zorchic
Snowy (1): DekuNut
TheCapsFan (1): Rainbow Cloud
DawningWinds (1): HumanDawn

It is currently Day 1. Day 1 will end in 5 hours.
Countdown timer

@Snowy you said it was a joke vote - I didn’t really have anything else to say about it after that.

You’d be surprised by how many Townies end up saying stuff about their roles early on so I’m not leaning scum for it.

Time to decide on a "forever wagon" before bed then.
Just based on votals, Zorchic, Pika and Fatima are the best choices.
Pika's posts are mostly nothing, outside of their last post, but at the same time it sounds like their situation is similar to mine - just struggling to keep up on activity and trying to keep the thread from swaying them too much. I feel that. I'm not gonna join this wagon today.
Zorchic I an understnad more. Not a lot of content from there either, but even in what little there was we've seen backtracking. I don't see the vote as scummy as everyoen else deos though.
Last, but not least, is Fatima. Lots of content, lots to consider and read through. But first things first, I'd like to thank Snowy for reminding me of the "too important" post. I'd honestly forgotten about that, and honestly that post in the place where it was at doesn't sit well with me. That said, it does feel like a weird thing for him to say in general - while this is his first game in ages, he's been playing for about as long as I have overall. This seems like a noob statement no matter what side he's on... I really don't know what to think of it.
Reading through his content, while he's posted a lot, most of it is made up of one-liners. And honestly, a lot of their quotes just feel off to me, outside the baseless claim of importance.
A Mislynch would be a bad idea cause if Mido turns up as a Townie then it's bad but if Zorchic turns up as a Mafia then it's good if that happened then both sides would be worse off
I've been in enough games with FA,HD,Mido to know how they play and I've never once seen them defend anyone
Care to take a guess as to which alliance we are with?
I really want to see this as drawing a conneciton between him and Snowy and/or FA, but honestly it's more likely jsut a misunderstanding of the previous post all things considered.

Also, he turned me into a newt.
Vote: Fatima Witch

Hmm, I’m not feeling it with Fatima. “Care to take a guess as to which alignment we are with?” is a strange thing to say but I can’t exactly explain why. My mind tells me he is hiding something rare about his alignment, because that would make it more interesting to try to guess right, which would explain why he would would bother asking it, but I could really be looking too much into it and it becomes a situation where my mind sees things that aren’t there.

UNVOTE: DawningWinds
VOTE: Zorchic

Yeah, he hasn’t really come back to answer the wagon on him despite clearly being online... Others at least would say they are busy, but Zorchic has provided zilch after his first 4 posts.

Hmm, I’m not feeling it with Fatima. “Care to take a guess as to which alignment we are with?” is a strange thing to say but I can’t exactly explain why. My mind tells me he is hiding something rare about his alignment, because that would make it more interesting to try to guess right, which would explain why he would would bother asking it, but I could really be looking too much into it and it becomes a situation where my mind sees things that aren’t there.

UNVOTE: DawningWinds
VOTE: Zorchic

Yeah, he hasn’t really come back to answer the wagon on him despite clearly being online... Others at least would say they are busy, but Zorchic has provided zilch after his first 4 posts.
Maybe third party? Its the only thing that makes sense to me. Which I guess is a weirs thing to say right after voting him lol

I agree with the points against Pika_pika42, because voting ExLight out of pure paranoia when he has done nothing suspicious makes no sense. Plus backing off when called out and not voting the people he says he's suspicious of.

Vote: Pika_pika42

As for the other two, there's not a lot to go on with Zorchic, but he's left a mostly unexplained vote on Mido since the beginning of the Day, which is a bit weird, and avoided the thread completely when online. He'd be my second choice of the three. The players on his wagon seem somewhat okay. Caps and Luminary I'm mostly null reading, maybe a slight town lean for Caps. HD and FA seem somewhat towny.

As for Fatima, I haven't played with him much but it's been reiterated multiple times that this is just his playstyle. Nothing he's said really makes me suspicious, so at this point, I don't really see a reason to go after him. As for the people on his wagon, none of them have a whole lot to go on, but I'd be most likely to want to look into Tood, who is yet another person who left his joke vote in place without explaining it. I am fairly null on Snowy and Deku.

Look who finally showed up.

Back
Top Bottom