• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

just laying it out there that today is a very big fatigue day for me so it'll take me a little to reply and stuff :bulbaLove:

@HumanDawn About my town reads for Space and Caps, my reasoning for Space is pretty meta and I'll admit that. I've played games with her when she's town, and she acts akin to this. Plus, I don't really see what she's done that's particularly scummy. I know that the sheeping claim has been made, but I don't think Space has necessarily sheeped and plus she has more insight than other players here such as Deku (who is probably town, but still) and Fatima whose posts are lacking in content. Caps has been actively trying to create discussion and I appreciate that. It makes him look town to me, definitely not on my radar.

ExLight said:
i don't really like fatima saying they answer stuff, posting, and disappearing but they did vote pikochu and i think they softed so they kinda ok but idfk
Could've been bussing. I'll bet someone on the Piko wagon is maf.

Town
^
l HumanDawn
l Rainbow Cloud
l FinalArcadia
l ExLight
l Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
l Feenie
l Pika_pika42
l Midorikawa
l Jinjo
l ZinnLav
l TheCapsFan
l DekuNut
l Space
v
Mafia

I took Tood out because of his Independent claim, but he'd probably be somewhere in the middle, probably between Midorikawa and Jinjo. Sorry if some of these reads are off the field, but hopefully my posts throughout the game sharing the reads explain them! Fatima, I town read not just because of tying the votes, but because Pikochu shaded Fatima strong enough to put doubt on him that it made him get 3 votes on Fatima on Day 1.

Pikochu (5): Rainbow Cloud, HumanDawn, FinalArcadia, Fatima Shadow Frost Witch, ExLight
Is this in order? If it is, then I'll bet that the first three are probably town. The last two are the iffy ones. They could've come in and voted Piko because they knew it was a lost cause case, and thereby it'd make them look town if they voted Piko.

Is this in order? If it is, then I'll bet that the first three are probably town. The last two are the iffy ones. They could've come in and voted Piko because they knew it was a lost cause case, and thereby it'd make them look town if they voted Piko.

What do you make of Fatima tying the votes and ExLight breaking the tie? I'm not sure who I would lean on being a scum busser if it was out of the two. Fatima isn't known to bus yet, and I don't see him as a player who as scum player would tie the votes just to potentially get another vote on the Pika_Pika42 wagon and then ExLight broke the tie. Could go either way if one of them is Mafia...

Wow you flipped on deku real quick.

The thought just hit me - It's funny how in my championship game, I criticized Town players for changing their reads so fast, and I'm being criticized for seemingly doing the same thing.

I'm feeling a bit more confident because DekuNut said he would catch up Day 2, then he didn't, aaaand he's still not here. Day Phases are 72 hours now, even longer than what he's used to.

Day 3: Royal Removal
Day 3: Royal Removal

In the city below, at the other drop point, Sonic was, quite predictably, styling all over the Egg Swats and handily obliterating a great number of them. He charged towards another cluster, only to be forced to slam on the brakes to avoid being engulfed by a blast of fire that consumed the robots. Glanding in the direction the blast had come from, he saw Naugus, chuckling to himself.

“Dammit Naugus!” He called, speeding over to get up in Naugus’ face. “You almost blasted me!”

“But Sonic,” Naugus sneered, “I’m simply doing my kingly duties in defending my city. If you can’t accept that then, well, you’re always free to leave.” Sonic glared daggers at Naugus for a moment before speeding off to smash more robots. Watching this exchange from his hiding place in an alleyway, Elias growled as he tightened his grip tightened on his crossbow.

“Why did I have to come to this zone?” He muttered. “I could’ve taken the other one and never had to look at his smug face.” Leeta placed a hand over his.

“This is exactly why.” She said with a reassuring smile on her face. “To keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn’t try anything funny.”

“You’re right. Thanks.” Elias said as he took aim and fired a bolt into a robot coming up behind Tails. Moments later, another drop pod impacted the ground. Rather than a platoon of Egg Swats however, a green blur erupted from the pod and slammed into Sonic, sending him flying backwards. Sonic gritted his teeth as a green hedgehog had him pinned down, dragging him across the ground at high speeds.

“Hey Blue, ya miss me?” Scourge jeered in his face. Rolling backwards, Sonic kicked Scourge over his head as he flipped over. Both hedgehogs righted themselves on their landing and shot off at lightning speeds, clashing and crisscrossing the battlefield at various points.

“Teaming up with Eggman now are we Scourge? What, not hog enough to take me by yourself?”

“Eggman?” Scourge laughed. “That’s adorable! You have no idea what’s actually going on. Doesn’t matter though. Long as I get to beat you to a pulp it doesn’t matter what you think.”

“Dream on, Faker.”

“SHUT UP!” Scourge screamed as he charged Sonic once more.

***​

Back at the drop pod Scourge arrived in, a new person emerged. A tall human woman with long green hair strode confidently out and gazed around the area. Regina Ferrum placed her staff on the ground, the end crackling with electricity. After that, nothing. She raised her staff back off of the ground.

“Still nothing then.” She sighed. Glancing over at the battlefield, she noticed a platoon of Egg Swats trying, and utterly failing, to attack Monkey Khan, who gracefully evaded and retaliated against every shot. Regina rolled her eyes. “Really, if you can’t program reasonable tactics into your robots then why even bother?” Pointing her once more crackling staff, the robots briefly halted their actions before resuming their attacks in a much more co-ordinated manner. They fired multiple blasts at once, forcing Khan to evade in a specific direction, before attacking him in midair, forcing him to block their attacks with his staff. Turning her staff across the battlefield, she made similar adjustments to the other Egg Swats. From their hiding place, Elias and the wolf twins saw the robots’ efficiency suddenly skyrocket.

“Do these robots suddenly feel… Smarter to you two?” Elias asked, placing a few crossbow bolts in some stragglers.

“Oh, thank goodness you’re seeing it too.” Leeta answered, grabbing and smashing a robot that had strayed too close to their alley. “I was worried I was going crazy.”

“Something must have-” Elias started, before noticing a trio of Egg Swats lining up a shot on one of the combatants. “No… That’s not happening!” He shouted, charging from the alley and diving between Antoine and the Egg Swats. He cried out in pain as the blasts impacted before falling to the ground.

“Sacre bleu!” Antoine shouted as he saw Elias collapse.

“Elias!” Leeta and Lyco cried as they dashed out after their leader, smashing the Egg Swats.

“Elias… But why?” Antoine said as he knelt next to his king who was already resting on a floating platform.

“I wasn’t going to let you get hurt for my kingdom…” Elias said weakly. “Not again.”

“Well, well, decided not to stay away after all, Elias?” Naugus sneered. “Got some plans, do we?” Elias growled as the platform zoomed away.

FinalArcadia was killed. They were Elias Acorn, a Tracker/Watcher combo aligned with the Freedom Fighters
Hi there FinalArcadia, you are Elias Acorn.

Elder brother of Sally Acorn, and therefore rightful heir to the Kingdom of Acorn, you went missing at a young age when an aircraft that you were riding with your mother was attacked and shot down over Angel Island, where you lived for the vast majority of your life. Eventually, your father’s secret service found you and you returned home to the Kingdom of Acorn, and after a very rough start in which you thought yourself unworthy and left the kingdom in shame, you eventually seized your birthright and became king. However, Ixis Naugus wound up stealing the crown from you in a moment of weakness, using your emotional turmoil at Sally’s roboticization to strip you of the people’s faith, usurping the throne. Once this happened, you decided to go underground, leading your own team of Secret Freedom Fighters as Agent King, working to undermine Naugus.

As leader of the Secret Freedom Fighters, you have command over the other members, including wolf twins Leeta and Lyco. Due to this, you are a Tracker/Watcher combo. During any and all night phases, you can send either Leeta or Lyco to perform their individual unique skills on your target. Leeta will Track the target, learning who they visited, but not what action they performed, while Lyco will Watch the target, learning who visited them, but not what action they performed. Track a target by typing “Send Leeta to track <target>”, and Watch a target by typing “Send Lyco to watch <target>” into your role PM. You cannot command both twins in a single night.

You are aligned with the Freedom Fighters and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

“…Leeta?” Tails asked as he took in the wolf who’d swooped in after Elias. “Just what’s going on with you? First you were sneaking off with Elias, now you’re here with him and Lyco, and those uniforms.” Tails continued to press Leeta with questions, her umming and ahhing the entire time, before Lyco came to her rescue.

“Oh no! Robots!” She shouted, pointing to the still-present horde of Egg Swats fighting others. This at least seemed to get everyone’s attention away from them as the far more pressing concern, even if Tails hesitated for a moment, staring at them, before flying off. Once everyone had left, she grabbed her sister’s arm and brought her close. “Leeta, what are we going to do?” She hissed.

“Well…” Leeta mused. “Everyone knows we’re here already, so why don’t we smash some robots and just make sure to get out of here before anyone’s able to really press us about anything?” Lyco grinned.

“Yeah, that could work.” She said. “That uhh… Is ok with you, right Who?”

“I suppose you have thoroughly compromised any chance to remain hidden.” The voice of Director Who came over their earpieces. “So, provided you leave before any further questions can be raised, I suppose that is acceptable.”

“Excellent.” Lyco said, running off with her sister to go punch some robots in the face.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end in 72 hours.
Countdown timer

Last edited:
omg what's with Town investigative roles dying every night!!

at this rate something like a spy will die n3...

VOTE: Space

What has this slot really done for the game again?

@HumanDawn About my town reads for Space and Caps, my reasoning for Space is pretty meta and I'll admit that. I've played games with her when she's town, and she acts akin to this. Plus, I don't really see what she's done that's particularly scummy. I know that the sheeping claim has been made, but I don't think Space has necessarily sheeped and plus she has more insight than other players here such as Deku (who is probably town, but still) and Fatima whose posts are lacking in content.

Her recent game this year, Seraph at the End Mafia, I suspected her for going against my case on a player that eventually flipped scum, and she was Town in it, so I can see where the meta stuff on her would come from, but at the same time, I think she put in more effort with what posts she had in trying to game solve. Town can still sheep, but if we ignore that and try to look for other reasons to Town read her, I don't think there's much value brought to the game overall. I think TheCapsFan praised her and called her posts solid at one point, but I didn't think they were that good to warrant town read her or it.

Why are you putting Deku as probably Town?

Caps has been actively trying to create discussion and I appreciate that. It makes him look town to me, definitely not on my radar.

Okay, that sounds good that you think he is justified in not being under your radar, but for example, FinalArcadia has done the same thing, so why not top town read her?

Could've been bussing. I'll bet someone on the Piko wagon is maf.

Who do you place your bet on then?

You have:

a) Space

b) TheCapsFan

c) Midorikawa (unvoted)

d) Tood (unvoted)

e) ZinnLav (unvoted)

f) yourself

I would like to talk more about ZinnLav and DekuNut. ZinnLav made his catchup post saying he read up to page 24 and then he votes Pika. Why would ZinnLav even bother on voting Pika when he hasn't finished reading everything? This looks like scum who tried to get Pika lynched instead of Pikochu. Next is DekuNut and the fact that Pikochu has been voting DekuNut makes DekuNut look even more worse and this looks like big time distancing to me. If Pikochu didn't vote DekuNut so much then that would have made DekuNut look better.
I've been reading the new posts since I subbed in, even if I'm still catching up. It's not like I'm completely ignoring the thread while I try catching up, I'm not that naive.

Pika_Pika42, was pretty open about their role from the start, I'd say they ended up with an Anti-Town role that's aligned with Town, why tell the Cop not to check them otherwise, if he's Mafia, the Cop would die anyway.
Since nobody else died that night either, I can only assume Mafia got lucky, since there were no other deaths. The role Pika claimed seems too unusual to be made up on the spot instead of an actual role in a Bastard game.
That said, what do players think of Pika_Pika for outing that targetting him has a chance of potentially killing the player?
Mafia has no reason to claim something like that when the visit could kill someone and nobody would know how they died.
By virtue of being the first claimed bastard element in the game, we have more reason to believe him than not! My role doesn't have bastard elements (YMMV is definitely not applicable) and the other two flipped Town roles are definitely not bastard worthy. As the game goes on and we learn more, then we can be warier, but as it is, we know more about Pika_Pika42 than everyone else.
This is exactly my sort of thinking.

Maybe the “...” was to imply he made a mistake?
Don't like the meta read on a post by a player right after they die.

The more I read, the more scummy Jinjo comes across to me.
As others have said RC didn't have to tell me about the tie at all which gives Towny cred.

Sorry I'm not that good at reads, especially with these giant wall of text posts, it's why I kept putting this off...

Caps & HD are posting a lot, but my mind just kinda turns to mush when I look at their big posts and I zone out.

You're avoiding acknowledging the game's bastard set-up and the virtue of his bastard claim. Not acknowledging stuff like this can lead to mislynches and is not a pro-Town mindset.
I'd be interested if anyone else is aware of bastard elements in their role, while still not disclosing their role, HD mentioned he doesn't have anything bastard (that he knows of) and neither did the dead players, I too have nothing bastard about my role.

Alright here are my thoughts:

In re PP42: I did find it weird that PP42 claimed "don't cop check me" and then it implies that Aussie visited PP42 and therefore, PP42 is scum. If that theory were to hold true, then it would have to imply that mafia targeted someone and that target was doc protected. I'm not sure if Aussie and PP42 being connected last night is a thing. It is more likely that PP42 is trying to hide something with the "don't investigate me" post.

In re Jinjo: Her posts read off more frustrated than anything, in particular to HD. As to whether I think it's alignment indicative, that's another story. The fighting between HD and Jinjo seems genuine .

Caps seem to be wanting to take stances but doesn't want to take on the responsibility for taking those stances.

I do like the interactions between HD and Mido. I can for sure bet that there's at least one town in the pair.

As for me wanting to vote for Dekunut, I would happy to vote for him again this phase. I haven't seen much from him and his Day 1 posts are quite concerning to me. In fact, Vote: Dekunut
I wonder if Mafia did hit a protected player, though you'd usually be informed of that right?
Is Piko trying to make a scum out of HD & Mido look towny?
Voted for Deku, means Deku is more likely to be Town.

In a 17 player game, are we expecting just one independent or more? Survivor is an easy thing to claim imo and also it's kind of convenient for Tood to cliam that now (out of the blue, at that) when the cop is gone and thereby couldn't have had opportunity to verify the alignment.
I would expect at least two, maybe three, especially because it's Bastard and having more Independents makes stuff more bastard

Tood claimed Independent Survivor Day 2, thoughts?
Just plain survivor.
I kinda doubt this, unless Lone is trolling, I know hosts do things differently from each other, but that sounds so boring, especially when you consider what other roles have shown up. I don't disagree with Survivor, just the plain Survivor with no bells and whistles.

It seemed more like lurking than inactivity since DW just jumped on a major wagon at the end of the day, indicating they were somewhat keeping up with the thread. But yea, that was the main reason for them being scumleaned by me.
You were keeping the vote despite the fact Dawning had to sub out because they couldn't keep playing? I don't really agree with that.

I was more active day 2 and claimed my role, thoughts?
You definitely come across as a Towny read, especially with your actions regarding the tied vote.
What are your thoughts on Pika's claim, you mentioned someone made a good point about how anti town his role was, why do you think he may be independent?
I believe it, too strange to make up, especially when it could be easily proven if someone died to it or had their role fail. I forgot about how Lone said it was Bastard, didn't come up more until Day 2. But even so, such a role seems more Towny or Independent than Mafia.
....I don’t like this. I remember he exists a little more than Piko, but I don’t think he has done anything.p, except let us know he’s busy and might post.
Yeah he seemed a bit more active D1, but yeah by this point, it's more scummy, he's just too inactive now.

I like how ZinnLav tied the votes and then removed them when she was told that it would make a tie.
Agreed. But I will say her read on deku makes me null on her.

I can see te unvote as a “oh crap thing the votes looks bad”. But she didn’t jump on the Piko wagon, which could be her avoiding voting a scum if but I do think that it’s more likely she didnt really feel for the case either. But then the deku read just drives me insane. I don’t see how he’s townread at all. So I’mnull on her for now.
I will point out if I had realised how close the votes were and was Mafia, wouldn't it look even better on me if I bussed a partner?

Sorry for not being active and the big post, I thought the night was 48 hours since the days are 72.
I was cleaning again today, house inspection this week, been a bit preoccupied, along with trying to get back into the swing of how active you need to be for Mafia.

He could still be a dangerous Independent, but I think we're I wouldn't be too mad on a lynch on him as long as it's not the main focus of the day.
As long as the day phase is spent on everyone else, I wouldn’t mind lynch8g Tood at the end either.
How is Piko a lost cause by that point?
at this rate something like a spy will die n3...
Why do you think there’s a spy?
VOTE: Space

What has this slot really done for the game again?
....A lot more than half the game.
Okay, that sounds good that you think he is justified in not being under your radar, but for example, FinalArcadia has done the same thing, so why not top town read her?
FinalArcadia was killed.
Who do you place your bet on then?

You have:

a) Space

b) TheCapsFan

c) Midorikawa (unvoted)

d) Tood (unvoted)

e) ZinnLav (unvoted)

f) yourself
The post you quoted is feenie talking about the piko wagon, yet you’re referencing the pika wagon.

Oh damn another good role gone but it comes as no surprise as FA was the universal town read.

I would like to talk more about ZinnLav and DekuNut. ZinnLav made his catchup post saying he read up to page 24 and then he votes Pika. Why would ZinnLav even bother on voting Pika when he hasn't finished reading everything? This looks like scum who tried to get Pika lynched instead of Pikochu. Next is DekuNut and the fact that Pikochu has been voting DekuNut makes DekuNut look even more worse and this looks like big time distancing to me.
Agreed, I have my suspicions on those two too.

This got me thinking...If Zinn is, in fact, mafia, is it possible that all three? mafia are inactives/lowposters? Maybe Snowy DID target Pikapika and then there was just no nightkill?
Maybe, it's one of the possibilities.

Feels like this one may be casting shade on me a bit here with the line about the mafia wanting a mislynch anyway given my recent post directed at Zinn about a tie not giving us any information. Also seems a tie may be Pika's preferred outcome at this point.
This comes late after the update but sees another u-turn from Pika after being challenged by Mido as to whether he would prefer a tie, now changing his vote to Piko. Could be a bus.
I already said this but I had no idea that the phase had ended by the time I made that post. Also, I already replied to Mido that I did not prefer a tie, as it would have given us no information. I felt Pikochu was Town as their wagon built up without any defence for them. I was not casting shade on you, I was thinking Pikochu could be Town and hence, any of our lynches would have been a mislynch.
I know this sounds contradictory but I still didn't prefer a tie at that time. I just waited for Pikochu to show up and say something in his defence.

Most likely scum in my eyes as of now:

TheCapsFan / Space / DekuNut / ZinnLav
Exact same. Space and TheCapsFan are scum reads for me, with DekuNut and ZinnLav falling between null to scum lean.

went from "mafia bait" to "warning"
Warning the cop was my priority, baiting the mafia by not disclosing my entire role was an added effect I hoped for, which seems stupid now that I think about it.

I wonder if starting a bandwagon on Pika Pika42 is worth it?
This is strange. Why are you thinking of starting a bandwagon on me now? Also, what do you mean by whether it's worth it?

Vote: Space
Continuing from my previous day's vote, I still don't see Space contributing anything much. In fact, after Pikochu's lynch, my suspicion on them has grown because of POE.

My reasoning for thinking Space is town also includes her wariness. She's been blatantly suspect of Pika for a while, and I think that's a lot more understandable than someone coming in and instantly trusting Pika when his claim was strange - especially after the cop died the night he said "cop don't check me". His posts were vague, as well. Don't take this the wrong way and think that I'm scumreading Pika, because I'm not. I'm actually believing he's likely town, now. However, it makes sense for Space to not instantly trust him. After all, town has more reason to be suspect of others rather than scum. Scum knows who is what (aside from independent), so when an individual instantly takes a player at their face-value, it looks weird.

All of this just seems like tunneling lol and I feel like we've got bigger fish to fry rather than go at Space whose posts aren't even that bad. Each time there's been a wagon, someone comes in and says "I don't like this wagon quickly forming on [insert player name]", and I'll be the guy to say that here.

Anyway, being that I said I think scum was on the Piko wagon, I'll vote

VOTE: Fatima the Shadow Frost Witch.

HD you're mentioning something about tying the votes, but I'm not even sure that was Fatima's intention? From his post here, he just
You want me to vote we'll alright then VOTE:pikochu Let's see how this goes
decided to hop onto the wagon and see where it went. Which is strange, considering all his other posts have been overly cautious.

Tood said:
Also, in the hypothetical situation where I was scum fakeclaiming, don't you think the other mafia members would help come up with a more plausible and less ridiculous fakeclaim than just "survivor"?
Not sure why it'd be a ridiculous fakeclaim. It's impossible to prove, unless you get lynched.

Ok this is weird. Am I misunderstanding something or are you actually contemplating starting a bandwagon on someone you think is more Townie than Mafia?
Is this a scum slip or what? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom