• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

Forgot to mention before, but also highly suspicious of how Pika voted Zinnlav merely as the "most common suspect", just going along with whatever

Forgot to mention before, but also highly suspicious of how Pika voted Zinnlav merely as the "most common suspect", just going along with whatever
I didn’t even notice that... but that’s a good point. He doesn’t explain why with Lyle me and zinn Are his scum team. And I don’t think Zinn was a super common suspect either.

I was going to point that out, but didn't want it to seem OMGUS

Since voting ends soon and I'm happy with either Ex or Pika, might as well wagon Pika.

Unvote
Vote: Pika_Pika42

Endgame: TBA
Endgame: TBA
1. @Snowy Sally Acorn: Cop. Killed N1
2. @Rainbow Cloud Larry Lynx: Jinx, Killed N3

3. @Midorikawa
4. @FinalArcadia Elias Acorn: Tracker/Watcher combo. Killed N2
5. @DekuNut @Snowy Regina Ferrum: Redirector. Lynched D4

6. @ExLight
7. @Luminary Scourge the Hedgehog: Lyncher. Lost N4
8. @DawningWinds @ZinnLav
9. @Zorchic Rotor Walrus: Suit Bearer. Lynched D1
10. @Space
11. @TheCapsFan Ken "Monkey" Khan: Bomb. Lynched D5
12. @Pika_pika42 Olgilvie "Sonic" Maurice Hedgehog: Ascetic. Killed N4.

13. @Jinjo
14. @Pikochu Snivley Robotnik: Rolecop. Lynched D2
15. @Tood Mammoth Mogul: Survivor. Lynched D3

16. @HumanDawn
17. @Fatima Shadow Frost Witch @Pika_pika42
@dawn dusk
@Tood

End-Phase votals:
Pika_pika42 (4): ExLight, Space, Midorikawa, ZinnLav
ZinnLav (1): Pika_pika42
Midorikawa (1): Jinjo

<FT to come later>

Pika_pika42 was lynched. They were Jules Hedgehog, a Bodyguard aligned with the Freedom Fighters.
Hi there Fatima Shadow Frost Witch, you are Jules Hedgehog.

latest

Sonic’s father, and the first Mobian to ever undergo the roboticisation process, back when the technology was benevolent and intended to help heal major injuries. You suffered critical injuries during The Great War, and were roboticised by your brother Charles. However, human scientist Julian Kintobor, later to be known as Ivo Robotnik, had tampered with the machine, and you were robbed of your free will. Transformed into a mindless drone, you became merely the first in his army of roboticised Mobians. Years later, you regained your free will, and reunited with your son. Unfortunately, when the Bem de-roboticised the planet, it was discovered that if you were to ever be de-roboticised, your injuries would return and kill you. As such, you are also the last remaining Robian on the planet.

You are fiercely protective of your family, going so far as to place yourself between Sonic and Scourge, who had every intention of killing your son then and there. As such, you are a Bodyguard. During any and all night phases, you may target another player and place yourself between them and any assailants, taking the hit for any kills directed at them that night. You can do this by typing “Defend <target>” into your role PM.

You are aligned with the Freedom Fighters and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

Nothing can stop the mafia from winning during the next night phase.
The Enemies of Freedom have won the game

Space has lost in the endgame. They were Bunnie D'Coolette, a Lover aligned with the Freedom Fighters.

Hi there Space, you are Bunnie D’Coolette

Previously an ordinary Mobian rabbit, you were captured by Robotnik’s forces and placed into a roboticiser. Fortunately, you were saved by Sonic before the process could be completed, though it left you in a half-roboticised state. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise however, as your robotic limbs gave you abilities of flight and super strength, and when forced to make a choice between having your robotic parts returned to organic matter, and having them modified in a way that would save your life, but leave you stuck with them, you chose to keep the limbs.

As time went on you began to fall in love with and eventually marry your fellow Freedom Fighter Antoine. You are naturally very attached to your spouse, being driven to the point of near breakdown when he sacrificed himself to stop Metal Sonic. Due to this, you are Antoine’s Lover. If Antoine dies for any reason, you will die of grief at the same time, and vice versa.

You are aligned with the Freedom Fighters and win once all hostile forces have been eliminated.

Jinjo has lost in the endgame. They were Antoine D'Coolette, a Lover aligned with the Freedom Fighters.
Hi there Jinjo, you are Antoine D’Coolette

You were initially both arrogant and cowardly, and one of the least useful Freedom Fighters in a fight. However, though various trials and hardships, you eventually grew in more ways than one, and became a capable and dedicated fighter. You also displayed great loyalty both to your friends and your king, even being willing to sacrifice yourself by throwing yourself on a self-destructing Metal Sonic in order to save Elias.

As time went on you began to fall in love with and eventually marry your fellow Freedom Fighter Bunnie. You are naturally very attached to your spouse. Due to this, you are Bunnie’s Lover. If Bunnie dies for any reason, you will die of grief at the same time, and vice versa.

ZinnLav has lost in the endgame. They were Shard the Metal Sonic, a Jack of all Trades aligned with the Freedom Fighters.
Hi there DawningWinds, you are Shard the Metal Sonic.

latest

The original Metal Sonic, you faced off against Sonic several times, only to sacrifice yourself to save him and Tails from approaching lava after gaining a conscience. Though your body was irreparable, your programming, recorded on the power gem shard that is your core, was able to survive destruction and was retrieved later, and a new body constructed for you by Sonic’s Uncle Chuck. With your conscience now present along with your new body, you became dedicated to atoning for your past actions as Agent Jack of Elias Acorn’s Secret Freedom Fighters.

Your robotic body has a number of functions, including various vision modes, as well as the cannon built into your arm. Due to this, you are a Jack of all Trades. During any night phase, you may perform one of three actions on the target of your choice. Each power may only be used once, and only one may be used per night.

• Tracker: You can engage your assorted vision modes to identify a target and keep track of them through the night, allowing you to see who they visited that night, but not what actions they performed. You can do this by typing “Keep track of <target>” in your role PM
  • Cop: You can engage your assorted vision modes to identify and follow a target. You will then use your judgment based on what you’ve witnessed to learn the alignment of your target. You can do this by typing “Investigate <target>” in your role PM.
  • Doctor: You can watch over another player, and drive off any who would do them harm, protecting them from any and all attempts on their life that night. You can do this by typing “Watch over <target>” into your role PM.

Midorikawa has won in the endgame. They were Ixis Naugus, a Godfather 1x Strongman aligned with the Enemies of Freedom.
Hi there Midorikawa, you are Ixis Naugus.

Born from the fusion of three other wizards, you are a bat/lobster/rhinoceros hybrid… Thing, and the last surviving member of The Order of Ixis besides it founder Mogul. In the past, you served the Kingdom of Acorn as court wizard. Bitter with jealously towards the work of Nate Morgan however, you personally sparked the Great War with the Overlanders, though getting yourself stuck in the Zone of Silence in the process. While there, you struck a deal with King Maximilian Acorn, also trapped within the Zone, granting him the ability to survive the environments within, in exchange for the right to rule the kingdom. After escaping from the Zone, you clashed with Sonic several times as he resisted your conquest of the Kingdom. Eventually you struck upon a plan to magically amplify the citizens’ fear of Nicole having complete control of the city, before simply walking into New Mobotropolis and declared yourself rightful king to thunderous applause, especially once you halped drive off an attack by Eggman.

You possess a wide variety of magical powers, including dominion over all four natural elements, the ability to travel through shadows, and the power to turn inanimate objects into crystal. Due to this, you are a 1x Strongman, during one night phase only, you may utilise your various magicks to baffle and overpower your foes, allowing you the team’s night kill to bypass any protections that may be on the target, provided that you are the one performing the kill. You can do this by typing “Confound <target> with Ixis Magicks” when performing the night kill.

You are also the king of New Mobotropolis, and adored by the people. As such, you are also a Godfather, any Cop checks on you will return a Freedom Fighter result.

You are aligned with the Enemies of Freedom and win once all hostile factions are defeated while at least one member of your faction is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

ExLight has won in the endgame. They were Dr. Finitevus, a Warper aligned with the Enemies of Freedom.
Hi there ExLight, you are Dr. Finitevus.

latest

An echidna scientist from the city of Albion, you volunteered to operate the Chaos Siphon suit in order to de-power Chaos Knuckles, however the process was interrupted halfway through and went wrong, filling you with a corrupted form of Chaos Energy. This event warped your mind and caused you to desire the destruction of Mobian society, followed by its recreation as you believe that it should be. To this end you sought control over the Master Emerald, using it to facilitate the recreation of the echidnan demigod Enerjak under your command, using its guardian Knuckles as a host to destroy and recreate as you saw fit.

Your most potent skill is the warp rings you keep around your wrists and ankles. Using these, you are capable of warping both yourself and others great distances, either in whole or in part. Due to this, you are a Warper. During any and all night phases, you can use your warp rings to send any player (including yourself) far away from the battle. This will prevent them from using their role that night as they take the time to return to the scene, but it will also give them the Commuting status, preventing all other actions (including your night kill) from targeting them that night. You can do this by typing “Warp <target> far away” into the Mafia chat.

You are aligned with the Enemies of Freedom and win once all hostile factions are defeated while at least one member of your faction is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Congratulations to the Enemies of Freedom, and thank you to everybody for playing!

Question time!
  1. Did you enjoy the game?
  2. What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
  3. As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
  4. What, if anything, would you change about the game?
  5. It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?
  6. Would you like me to ping you once the rest of the flavour text is finished?

Did you enjoy the game?
I did not.
What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
No clue, felt a bit off I guess?
As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
There were entire 24 hour periods where nothing happened.
What, if anything, would you change about the game?
I want to say the players, but obviously that's not about the game itself.
It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?
I didn't read it much, I tend not to read flavour for games I know nothing of the theme. Looked alright.
Would you like me to ping you once the rest of the flavour text is finished?
Nah, that's fine

LOL, good game Midorikawa and ExLight! Godfather checked N1... damn lol. ExLight played really well too, breaking the tie and having good in-thread presence.

I will say that 4 Mafia with 2 Independents, one who is anti-Town in a game this size is fairly scum sided. I thought that there would be one scum, and that it would be ExLight or Midorikawa. There was no Doctor too, and I as a Jailer ended up Roleblocking FinalArcadia. I guess at least I Roleblocked ExLight N2.

Damn flavor lol... No Silver in this game either!

I learned a lot this game, so I will try to use it in my championship game coming up in 6 days. Should have stuck to my vote on Midorikawa Day 5, but the 1/15 Godfather chance on Mafia Midorikawa of all players, damn.

I’m honestly probably the one person that check would happen on lol.

My enjoyment was fifty fifty on the game for once, but that’s not host related.

I actually liked the 72 hour phases. And they were pretty active until the last phew phases, and definitely a takes pressure off for those who can’t be online as much.

I’m not sure about the balance. In the mafia chat we were so annoyed for a while because we thought Piko was a PGO and were just “wtf LG, how we supposed to kill anyone.”

The thing I would change is us lol. Idk why but we were all really stresssed this game. I think it might be partly that this was the first actual active game in so long. Usually games go periods of almost nothing even in the mid and early phases.

As a host I think LG did an amazing job!!!!

Also I agree with this picture.
A133408C-0E85-4AC7-8814-A4A6AFDA77B7.jpeg

The 72 hour day phases were great and I’d like to see them implemented in future large games, but maybe instead of having people vote halfway through the game on whether to keep them or not, just make it a default that they switch back to 48 hours when there are like, less than 9 people left or something.

Congrats mafia, y'all played well. GG Town and Indeps. Thanks LG for hosting this game.

This is the reason why I vote ExLight on D1 and this game just gives me more reason for it.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, it was good but I enjoyed myself more in my original slot, I didn't know what to do much after subbing in.

What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
As others said 4 scum and 2 Indeps was kinda unbalanced for Town but maybe roles like jailer, bg and ascetic tried to cover up for it.

As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
It was good for generating activity.

What, if anything, would you change about the game?
Nothing comes to mind.

It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text? Would you like me to ping you once the rest of the flavour text is finished?
I didn't read much of the FT as I am not well aware about Sonic. It's ok if you don't ping me for the FT.

So... uh... did I win? or lose? or both?!

Question time!
Did you enjoy the game?[/LIST]
I did not. I remember going to bed one day and there was suddenly about 10 new pages. I believe I was also being pressured for not responding in a timely manner.

Day phases were too long IMO.

btw the 1/15 godfather logic was wrong

it was 1/12 or even a 1/10 since a town result appeared which excludes the chance of indepts and common mafia; if you consider two cop checks happened you can arguably say the godfather had around 1/6 or 1/5 chance of being copped N1

so yea
twas a way beefier chance than we made it seem

btw the 1/15 godfather logic was wrong

it was 1/12 or even a 1/10 since a town result appeared which excludes the chance of indepts and common mafia; if you consider two cop checks happened you can arguably say the godfather had around 1/6 or 1/5 chance of being copped N1

so yea
twas a way beefier chance than we made it seem

I don't see it that way, I mean, the base chance is from all players - if one were a Godfather, there would be 15 choices, and for the check to land on the Godfather of all choices means 1 role was picked out of 15.

I don't see it that way, I mean, the base chance is from all players - if one were a Godfather, there would be 15 choices, and for the check to land on the Godfather of all choices means 1 role was picked out of 15.
I mean, if you didn’t knew the result that came from it or guessed that before the night happened that logic would be right, but since you got a “Town” result it means that player is either Town or Godfather. And the number of Town+Godfather (assuming there’s one for sure) was 10, not 15.

Let’s pretend there’s a scenario with 4 players: two are vanilla town, one is a mafia goon, and one is a miller. The cop returns with a “Mafia” result, what are the odds they hit the Miller? It’s 50%, not 25%, because they have a Mafia result, so it’s either the Miller or the real Mafia. The percentage kinda gets filtered by a certain group after the cop check goes through, which allows us to make a new percentage.

Although it’s understandable that not knowing the number of indept nor the existence of a miller kinda makes the guessed prob a bit of an incognito, but it was certainly higher than 1/15.

Congrats mafia, you guys deserve the win! :bulbaLove:

Question time!

Did you enjoy the game?

I don't really like playing as survivor. It's not too interesting of a role to play as.

Scum chat was fun to read after I died though. I got to see how fakeclaims get made, which was cool.

Maybe start with 72 hours, and switch to 48 when half the players are left?

The 72 was good because everyone was pretty active, but in games where it's not I can see it being a bit unnecessary.

It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?

I'm not too into Sonic, so I didn't follow the flavor text too much.

I mean, if you didn’t knew the result that came from it or guessed that before the night happened that logic would be right, but since you got a “Town” result it means that player is either Town or Godfather. And the number of Town+Godfather (assuming there’s one for sure) was 10, not 15.

Let’s pretend there’s a scenario with 4 players: two are vanilla town, one is a mafia goon, and one is a miller. The cop returns with a “Mafia” result, what are the odds they hit the Miller? It’s 50%, not 25%, because they have a Mafia result, so it’s either the Miller or the real Mafia. The percentage kinda gets filtered by a certain group after the cop check goes through, which allows us to make a new percentage.

Although it’s understandable that not knowing the number of indept nor the existence of a miller kinda makes the guessed prob a bit of an incognito, but it was certainly higher than 1/15.

I acknowledged that the odds decrease with no Godfather flip and less players so I can see where you are coming from with the deeper analysis, and while the Mafia and Independent would not flip as Town, they were still in the pool of players to be chosen out of everyone else to ultimately get checked for a result. With the result, yes, the mechanic odds are as you say, but from picking all the players, it was still a 1/15 chance of picking them.

Congrats, mafia! ExLight being scum I'm honestly shocked about, and clearly now I'm going to have to follow Pika_pika's paranoia votes on Ex next time lol. Town played well too, but Midori and ExLight did a really good job blending in, especially later on.
  • Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, it was a lot of fun! Loved the activity, the interesting and chaotic mix of roles most importantly I got to be best boi... It was great!​
  • What do you think of the balance, now that you can see the actual roles and not a series of claims filled with lies?
I say this every endgame that I've never been super great at balance myself, but I don't think it was glaringly bad or anything. Things came down to the wire pretty well, so I'd say decently balanced actually? The thing that hurt town a lot was the very unlucky kill on cop N1 and then me dying next night and taking the last perma-informative role with me, which isn't really a balance issue so much as good kills on mafia's part.​
  • As an experiment, I had day phases last 72 hours, rather than the traditional 48. What did you think of this change? Would you prefer 72 hour phases in future?
The days felt like they went on for an eternity, but we actually did get some good discussion out of them and in the early game, I think 72 hours works pretty well. TheCapsFan's idea about having them later default back to 48 hours after hitting a certain player threshold sounds good to keep things from dragging out when activity tends to wane as the player count gets smaller.​
  • What, if anything, would you change about the game?
Can't think of anything off the top of my head!​
  • It's not done yet, but did you enjoy what was there of the flavour text?
Yeah, I think you're capturing the characters very well and fitting the tone of the Ian Flynn-era of Archic!Sonic! FT usually shines when the host clearly has a passion for the source material, and your tribute to the fallen Archie continuity has been a fun read.​
  • Would you like me to ping you once the rest of the flavour text is finished?
Yes, please!​
Damn flavor lol... No Silver in this game either!
A little while after I got NK'd, I started to wonder if Silver really wasn't there since it seemed like there were only really Archie-original characters other than Sonic and Eggman, but I was already dead at that point and couldn't say anything lol. Though since I was Elias, I still thought Silver's odds were decent since the Secret Freedom Fighters were clearly here and Silver was one of them, even if he was the only non-Archie OC of the group.

Back
Top Bottom